Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I've tried beads and hated them. They never seemed to balance perfectly and I had consistent air down issues. 3 attempts out of 4 I tried airing down a tire and a bead got lodged in the valve stem. This meant having to completely deflate the tire, pulling the valve core, unlodging the bead, replacing the valve core, and then airing back up. I went back to weights within a week.
Oh crap. Thatā€™s a deal breaker. Iā€™m not an expert, but my impression is that the beads are a lazy way out for inexperienced shops.
Sponsored

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
Has anyone said the General Grabber ATX yet? Great year round tire, great off road unless you run mostly mud, very quiet and long lasting on road.
Jeep Gladiator 37" AT Snowflake tires: Falken vs Mickey vs other 20230519_121830

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone said the General Grabber ATX yet? Great year round tire, great off road unless you run mostly mud, very quiet and long lasting on road.
Jeep Gladiator 37" AT Snowflake tires: Falken vs Mickey vs other 20230519_121830
Yup, Post 29 is where I recommended them. Good looking Rubicon you have. We have same tire and wheel combo :)

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
Yup, Post 29 is where I recommended them. Good looking Rubicon you have. We have same tire and wheel combo :)
Secret time... your truck was the inspiration for my setup. Well, the look anyway, I actually decided on the general after watching a buddy of mine outwheel us all last year on his "winter tires". Thanks :)

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Secret time... your truck was the inspiration for my setup. Well, the look anyway, I actually decided on the general after watching a buddy of mine outwheel us all last year on his "winter tires". Thanks :)
Hahahaha. Thanks. That's pretty funny. It's just a really good combination especially on a white rig like ours.
The tires are really good good. The real reason I got them was because (A). they were one of the only white letter tires (and I didn't want BFG's) in 35s' and 37's and (B), I really liked the X3's I had on my ram 1500.

Sponsored

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
Hahahaha. Thanks. That's pretty funny. It's just a really good combination especially on a white rig like ours.
The tires are really good good. The real reason I got them was because (A). they were one of the only white letter tires (and I didn't want BFG's) in 35s' and 37's and (B), I really liked the X3's I had on my ram 1500.
Yup, General vs KO2 are the only options at 37. I was considering 38" Nitto Ridge Grapplers as well, but really wanted the white letters. It was an easy decision to go with these over the BFGs.

caryt

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 stretched CJ7/LS/tons/40's, 2021 Rubicon JT 39
Occupation
Retired/ Build jeeps
How quite are the Micky Thomson's on the road, I have 38" Nittos Trail Grapplers on my JT and am looking for a quite AT tire that can still handle Over landing. I'll put the Nitto's on my JL.
I do have the ATw3's on my F350..only issue should have went to a wider version that and they pickup every small rock on my gravel driveway.

Redleg37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Sport, 13 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Clinical Chaplain
Iā€™m in South Dakota and I love my KO2s for winter. All my cars have them. To each his own I guess.

Florida Mojave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2018 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave
Curious if anyone has any experience with the Falken R/T??
The stock A/T's have performed well for me, just thinking for future upgrades.

Attachments

Sponsored

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25th. Anniversary Ducati Monster 1200 #188/500
Occupation
Company car hauling truck driver 26 years 2024.
Iā€™ve grown up in Michigan and have driven nothing but 4x4 pickup trucks.
10 bought new since 16 (Iā€™m 51).

My Gladiator Mojave with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 255/85R17 (35x10x17) is hands down the ABSOLUTE BEST winter driving vehicle I have ever owned.

IMG_3997.jpeg

caryt

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 stretched CJ7/LS/tons/40's, 2021 Rubicon JT 39
Occupation
Retired/ Build jeeps
How quite are the Micky Thomson's on the road??

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Oh crap. Thatā€™s a deal breaker. Iā€™m not an expert, but my impression is that the beads are a lazy way out for inexperienced shops.
I wouldnā€™t say that at all- also, thatā€™s the first I have ever heard of a bead blocking a valveā€¦. Would probably just add a bit of air and then air down?

Iā€™m not a pro beads guy by any meansā€¦. But they are an option that worksā€¦

Dempsey

First Name
Dempsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Live in ND so I feel your pain about the awesome weather. I went with BF Goodrich KO2, but I am BF Goodrich all the way.

My buddy went with the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T. He loves them. He's put about 8,000 miles on them so far. This will be the second winter he has used them. Lives about 20 miles out of city limits and takes 2 lane roads into town which don't get plowed or sanded after 4pm Mon through Fri. He said they work awesome on ice and snow. Said road noise is average.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
How quite are the Micky Thomson's on the road, I have 38" Nittos Trail Grapplers on my JT and am looking for a quite AT tire that can still handle Over landing. I'll put the Nitto's on my JL.
I do have the ATw3's on my F350..only issue should have went to a wider version that and they pickup every small rock on my gravel driveway.
Theyā€™re amazing. Spectacular off road, on road, and in the snow and ice.
Sponsored