Sponsored

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
I’ve read through all the posts, looked at all the photos. Does the 392 wiring have a connector for the adaptive cruise control? I don’t think it’s an available option on the 392 and therefore not be wired for it? Can anyone whose done this upgrade confirm one way or the other?
I have adaptive cruise and it works fine with the 392 wheel.
Sponsored

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I don't really car about the paddle shifters but really want the thicker wheel. Does anyone know if the wiring harness is required or can I just reuse the factory sport harness?

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't really car about the paddle shifters but really want the thicker wheel. Does anyone know if the wiring harness is required or can I just reuse the factory sport harness?
The harness and buttons are required because the buttons on the back side of the 392 wheel are a different shape and have a different connector to accommodate the paddles, so you cant reuse the original buttons and harness.

You're other option is to buy the Mojave steering wheel or find someone selling theirs because they wanted paddles. Everything you have should transfer to that wheel, so you would need the wheel only.

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The harness and buttons are required because the buttons on the back side of the 392 wheel are a different shape and have a different connector to accommodate the paddles, so you cant reuse the original buttons and harness.

You're other option is to buy the Mojave steering wheel or find someone selling theirs because they wanted paddles. Everything you have should transfer to that wheel, so you would need the wheel only.
Okay, in the OPs first post it looks like the sans-shifters button module will fit but with small gaps. The gaps won’t bother me, but the orange Mojave stitching will.
I think I’m just going to order one and hope for the best. If it doesn’t work, someone here will be getting a great deal on a slightly used 392 wheel! 😉

Texan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, in the OPs first post it looks like the sans-shifters button module will fit but with small gaps. The gaps won’t bother me, but the orange Mojave stitching will.
I think I’m just going to order one and hope for the best. If it doesn’t work, someone here will be getting a great deal on a slightly used 392 wheel! 😉
I am taking the same approach with hopes that I can add heated wheel controls and paddle shifters down the road.
Only issue I have now is the 392 wheel is on backorder with no ETA according to the email I got from BAM yesterday. Keeping my order in for now and hoping the wait is measured in weeks and not months.

Sponsored

Ball_Ze

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 17 AR4C, 19 CT6-V
Occupation
engineer
Sorry for the intrusion - but this thread has convinced me I want a heated Mojave wheel in my manual JT.

Does anybody know the correct p/n for the heated version? (or have one to sell?)

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
dumb question, for those who have pull their stuff apart, is there a heated and a none heated rubicon steering wheel? or are they all the same and either add the button to the dash or not to active it?

Seems silly for jeep to track and make 2 different steering wheels from a production stand point.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
dumb question, for those who have pull their stuff apart, is there a heated and a none heated rubicon steering wheel? or are they all the same and either add the button to the dash or not to active it?

Seems silly for jeep to track and make 2 different steering wheels from a production stand point.
Yes, they are 2 different wheels. Not sure on the Rubicon part numbers, but you can ask Benny on the thread I mentioned above...

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
If you just want the thicker wheel, you should get the Mojave wheel. It is more accessible and is the same design, from a thickness standpoint.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
This post has blown up! WOW. Walk away for a few days and it is a different landscape.

As an update, I have a bunch (undisclosed amount) of steering wheels and components on order to offer kits. I have been talking with Z Automotive (Tazer) and will be providing them with the first of my inventory. They will be adding the paddle shifter activation to their firmware.

Since Threedom is not a Mopar parts distributor, I paid the same price as everyone. I even offered to buy hundreds of wheels but no luck. :swear:

I have no ETA on my order.

On a side note. I am now working on retrofitting the adaptive cruise control. I will either be adding functionality to the Gladiator or adding to my pile of useless technology.:LOL:

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you just want the thicker wheel, you should get the Mojave wheel. It is more accessible and is the same design, from a thickness standpoint.
Thanks, but the orange stitching is a non-starter for me. Also the more I look at it, the more I'm thinking paddle shifters look pretty sweet. I'm in if Zauto can find a way to activate the OEM operation. Following closely... 👍

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, but the orange stitching is a non-starter for me. Also the more I look at it, the more I'm thinking paddle shifters look pretty sweet. I'm in if Zauto can find a way to activate the OEM operation. Following closely... 👍
Not sure what color stitching, you're going for, but after dying the 392 stitching to red to match my Rubicon stitches, I am convinced you could dye the Mojave stitches black with ease. But that wouldn't get you the paddles you now want.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The paddles where great in the snow. With the traction control disabled. I could instantly downshift 2 gears and just hang the rear end out and let it eat.

Ball_Ze

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 17 AR4C, 19 CT6-V
Occupation
engineer