D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been planning some mods and I’m pretty set on what I’ll want to install but I still need to decide between going to 4 wheel parts or the local shop, in this case being Rebel Off-road.

For the basic lift (most likely mopar 2inch), wheels and tires, what’s best? Is 4WP more like a Sears service center for trucks or are they known for much more?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Since you are considering the Mopar lift, have you checked the cost with a dealer doing it?
Definitely check the reviews and ask around before picking a shop to do the work.

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
My vote is to support your local shop, unless they are way uncool to you. Especially with what is going on with Covid, supporting small business makes a lot of sense.

use 4wp for great deals on mail order accessories.

Marshjo

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Local shops may be a few dollars more, but they will be there if you need them in a pinch which earns my business. My local shops are great if I need something looked at or fixed in a hurry. You may save some money shopping online from the big stores, but in my opinion your local shops are who really take care of you.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Talk to your Jeep club. There are a lot of shitting local 4x4 shops that cut corners, but the good ones are second to none

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
If you are doing the Mopar lift, the only reason you should not be having it installed by the dealership is if it's the only option nearby and they are charging absurd prices. Shop around and find the one that gives the best price then go there.

To be completely honest, it's not a great lift compared to what's out there and the sole purpose of that lift in the market should be people who want a casual lift but don't want to impact their warranty. If you're paying someone else to install it, you're missing out on one of the best features of that lift.

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
If you are doing the Mopar lift, the only reason you should not be having it installed by the dealership is if it's the only option nearby and they are charging absurd prices. Shop around and find the one that gives the best price then go there.

To be completely honest, it's not a great lift compared to what's out there and the sole purpose of that lift in the market should be people who want a casual lift but don't want to impact their warranty. If you're paying someone else to install it, you're missing out on one of the best features of that lift.
Thanks for the advice. As for the installation, I’m currently remodeling my bathroom and have a lot of work to do still or my wife will kill me. But with that being said, I do take on a lot of projects but a lift won’t be one. As simple as it looks, I heard that most of the issues that jeeps have are due to poor user installations. Wouldn’t want to risk it since it’s such an important part.

What’s another casual lift that you would recommend? I don’t need performance as much as I would need a comfortable ride and a lift to avoid rubbing on 35’s.

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just thought I’d chime in on the lift.

i had the mopar lift and its ok. It also came with a factory warranty.

I liked it so much that I completely removed it at 10k miles and went with a complete clayton overland plus solution and other stuff that most definitely voided my warranty.

Never been happier with a set of mods recommended by my local offroad shop, who incidentally worked 10 years for 4wp.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Thanks for the advice. As for the installation, I’m currently remodeling my bathroom and have a lot of work to do still or my wife will kill me. But with that being said, I do take on a lot of projects but a lift won’t be one. As simple as it looks, I heard that most of the issues that jeeps have are due to poor user installations. Wouldn’t want to risk it since it’s such an important part.

What’s another casual lift that you would recommend? I don’t need performance as much as I would need a comfortable ride and a lift to avoid rubbing on 35’s.
Well when I say "someone else," I mean someone besides the dealership. If you are doing it yourself or paying another shop, I'd be looking at the Metalcloak or Clayton single-arm kits instead in that that cost range. For a typical lift, extensions for your stock shocks will be fine - especially when you have the JTR.

Sponsored

gsxr310

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR & JTR
Fyi, Rebel installs mopar lifts for local dealers.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Shop around I did for a bumper and winch install

local shop A wanted 2,000
Local shop B wanted $2700
4WD Parts wanted $2200

I base my decisions on price and good reviews