Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'm no expert but I only spent a total of $1000 installed on my lift and mine rides better than it did stock. Rubicon take off front springs with 2.5" ReadyLift SST spacers front and rear and Rubicon take off Fox shocks. I could probably go 90% of anywhere I need to go off road if I wanted to. It's more about the know how than the height or price of your lift when off roading. Just my opinion on it. Unless your doing some extreme competition wheeling I wouldn't spend more than $3,000 total on a lift and tires.

Jeep Gladiator $8900 lift kit...Do I need this? IMG_20200801_152015
Jeep Gladiator $8900 lift kit...Do I need this? IMG_20200801_160223
Jeep Gladiator $8900 lift kit...Do I need this? IMG_20200801_160223
Sponsored

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
But I did say.... "I don't want to regret that I bought a average lift and later wish I got a better one." If I'm going to do this, I want the GOOD / BEST one, the first time ...snip...

...snip... First has anyone done this, or a similarly expensive kit?
Is this just crazy overkill or worth every penny and everyone would get it if it wasn't so expensive? Obviously they make it, so someone is buying it, and installing it.
How do I find "the line" I need to cross, to get this idea I want to achieve of a "GOOD" lift? Do I need to spend $3k.. $4k... $9k how do you know /decide how far to go? ...snip...

...snip... I know this is tough to answer but some of you that really know lift kits.... how did you decide what NEEDED to be spent?
Lots of good options out there. And you do get what you pay for. I've done it many times.

Did you look at Clayton or Icon Vehicle Dynamics? Lots of good options in your price range without spending $8K. I'd only spend that kind of money if I were racing it and then I'd need to add some zeros...

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
I’m running 3.5“ front and 2” rear coils with 37’s and love the improved look over stock. I ran 35’s on a stock setup for a few months as well and the new setup is just as smooth. The taller coils in the front makes up for the factory rake, seeing as a lot of people are still adding leveling kits to the mopar 2” lift. Stock I hit every possible bump on the trails. After a minimal lift and bigger tires it was a game changer. I think all-in, I’m somewhere in the ballpark of $4.5k with JCR sliders pending.

5E64252A-DFF7-4EB8-A13E-ED09D4871073.jpeg

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I’m running 3.5“ front and 2” rear coils with 37’s and love the improved look over stock. I ran 35’s on a stock setup for a few months as well and the new setup is just as smooth. The taller coils in the front makes up for the factory rake, seeing as a lot of people are still adding leveling kits to the mopar 2” lift. Stock I hit every possible bump on the trails. After a minimal lift and bigger tires it was a game changer. I think all-in, I’m somewhere in the ballpark of $4.5k with JCR sliders pending.

Jeep Gladiator $8900 lift kit...Do I need this? 5E64252A-DFF7-4EB8-A13E-ED09D4871073
What fender vent trim is that?

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator

Sponsored

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Pumpkin Orange
You should also price shop Icon Vehicle Dynamics. Amazing lift setup.

Romenator

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Lanch Addition
Occupation
CPA
Being I keep my jeeps a long time I went all in with a 2.5 inch Clayton offroad, Falcon 3.3 shocks and misc. Tires and wheels alone are $3,000. Honestly this thing drive great. Stock on rutted roads couldn't go more than 5 mpr. Now 25 mpr and I feel like its a smooth road. We spend a lot of time in Moab, Big Bear and other off road ares.

Daily driver and I experience now no highway wobble.

Really comes down to you pocket book and what you really are going to use your jeep for. For me its all about the adventure.
Jeep Gladiator $8900 lift kit...Do I need this? IMG_1443.JPG
Jeep Gladiator $8900 lift kit...Do I need this? IMG_1442.JPG

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Being I keep my jeeps a long time I went all in with a 2.5 inch Clayton offroad, Falcon 3.3 shocks and misc. Tires and wheels alone are $3,000. Honestly this thing drive great. Stock on rutted roads couldn't go more than 5 mpr. Now 25 mpr and I feel like its a smooth road. We spend a lot of time in Moab, Big Bear and other off road ares.

Really comes down to you pocket book and what you really are going to use your jeep for. For me its all about the adventure.
Gotta do it right! Nice co-pilot by the way :)

Sponsored

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm no expert but I only spent a total of $1000 installed on my lift and mine rides better than it did stock. Rubicon take off front springs with 2.5" ReadyLift SST spacers front and rear and Rubicon take off Fox shocks. I could probably go 90% of anywhere I need to go off road if I wanted to. It's more about the know how than the height or price of your lift when off roading. Just my opinion on it. Unless your doing some extreme competition wheeling I wouldn't spend more than $3,000 total on a lift and tires.

What size tires are those?

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

What gearing do you have? Is it the stock 4.10?

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Did you re-gear from 4.10?

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What gearing do you have? Is it the stock 4.10?
Stock gearing. No issues at all on or off road. Might take the plunge later but for now I didn’t notice a huge difference. I went to 35’s immediately and then to 37’s a little later so it was a gradual change.
Sponsored