ACC/Cruise Control Unavailable - Service Required message

Pkoz

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
About 3 hours into a 4.5 hour drive I noticed the icons indicating that both ACC and Cruise was unavailable. I tried to use both and received the messages (below) on the screen. There seemed to be no other engine/electronic issues with the ride. I had not used cruise through this trip, although have used both the ACC and cruise without issue so far.

When I got home, it seemed to clear after starting the car back up, although I only backed up in the driveway.

Anyone have any feedback or experience on what this might be? (electronic gremlin, sensor issue etc.?) I searched this forum and the JL forum, but didn't seem to find anything relevant.

Thanks in advance!

Jeep Gladiator ACC/Cruise Control Unavailable - Service Required message 20200731_200537[5642]

Jeep Gladiator ACC/Cruise Control Unavailable - Service Required message 20200731_200531[5641]

20200731_200537[5642].jpg

20200731_200531[5641].jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I had that happen while driving down the highway. Someone cut in front of me and set off the FCW while the ACC was active. It disabled ACC and standard Cruise Control, but cleared when the truck was turned off and restarted.

Whitarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2014 JKR
I had that happen when my windshield was super dirty over the sensor. Cleaned it and have not seen it sense

JeepG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Psychologist
I had that happen while driving down the highway. Someone cut in front of me and set off the FCW while the ACC was active. It disabled ACC and standard Cruise Control, but cleared when the truck was turned off and restarted.
I had a similar incident. Fixed after restarting.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I would think that if the FCW kicks it still should return to normal operation maybe after a timer or some other event happens like cycling between brakes and throttle. Seems like a software bug to me but may just be a safety feature. I would suggest asking the dealer about it at least and let FCA provide a reason why it behaved this way. I can also see something on the windshield causing the issue as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pkoz

Pkoz

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I didn't have the FCW kick in prior, but I agree with Shootist in feeling that even if it did happen it shouldn't render the system limp until restart.

I am definitely going to clean the windshield because perhaps all the bug splatter messed with it.

Even without cleaning it has resumed normal operation after restart and I have since been able to use the ACC/Cruise without issue.

Whitarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2014 JKR
I didn't have the FCW kick in prior, but I agree with Shootist in feeling that even if it did happen it shouldn't render the system limp until restart.

I am definitely going to clean the windshield because perhaps all the bug splatter messed with it.

Even without cleaning it has resumed normal operation after restart and I have since been able to use the ACC/Cruise without issue.
Doesn’t sound like dirty windshield to me then. That light never went away until I cleaned it. But it was solid covered also with dirt.

SF915

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator HA
Occupation
Self
Just keeping this thread alive as this just happened to me on the way to work. 2469 miles. Just washed yesterday so window is clear. The lights went out when I got to work and restarted the car. I’m assuming it will work properly in the way home. We’ll see.

Staphylococcus0

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Gecko Gladiator, aka Ostentatious.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Machinist
Had this happen 2117 miles, might have hit a bug? Cleared after I restarted it, haven't driven it yet to see if it will come back.

Dirt does seem like it would be an issue, however using the windshield wipers didn't make the light go away

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
On Mercedes vehicles with an AUX battery (like what we have), when that battery is low on charge/power, the car starts making convenience features like adaptive cruise control, seat heat/cool, etc unavailable and throws a service message (AUX battery low, visit workshop).

Seeing that FCA and Mercedes were Daimler Chrysler not too long ago, I wouldn't be surprised they snagged some of that tech.

Sponsored

SimonGladiator2021

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator
Occupation
Beancounter
Had this happen to a new Gladiator, only 1600kms (not miles!!!). Went away after an engine cycle off. However, it doesnt bode well for me hoping for trouble free driving.

husker_fan

First Name
josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado,suburban,grand cherokee
This happened to me when it was windy on the way home from Moab, it still hasn't come back after at least 30 restarts on the way home, very frustrating, any ideas?
Sponsored