Active Safety Group and Adapt Cruise Packages

ssrgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '21 JTR,
For those of you that have these features, are you happy with it? Do you use the features often or find yourself turning them off? I am about to order Nov 2nd after I hit the 30 days for the FCA program and find myself on the fence. I just sold my 2018 Tundra that had the Safety Sense which is similar to what's offered in these packages and had days of glitches where the alert would go off telling me to brake when the road was clear or other times I would see the light come on the dash where it has decided to turn itself off rendering it useless should I get into trouble. I hardly ever use cruise as it's in my head I use way more fuel bouncing RPMs to keep speed but there have been times. I did like the auto on/off hi beams when approaching traffic was coming, but on the JL forum it seems they have trouble in parking garages. Just wanted to get an idea as these are the last of the features before my mind is made.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I have them and for the most part like having the added safety. In my year and a half owning my Gladiator the auto brake alert has gone off with an empty road a few times but seems related to overpass or bridge shadows. It hasn’t ever caused the brakes to be applied just the audio alert. The few times it falses are acceptable if it ever saves me from an accident. The backup alert is super helpful.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have them and use them. Any time I'm on the interstate I use adaptive cruise.
All of those systems work fine for me - forward collision alert, etc. work fine. Never a false alert (well, if I have my signal on to make a turn and there are TWO turn lanes.....) otherwise, I'm happy.
I showed my wife the ACC and told her - didn't you know your Grand Cherokee has that? No, she didn't - so I showed her how to work it and she LOVES it, too.
Our highways have so many trucks (cross-roads of I35 and I80 here) and if you didn't have acc, you'd either never use cruise or be hitting brakes and then resume a lot.

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I like the active safety group. You get rear park sense which is ok, with rear view camera I don't find it particularly useful. I do like the rear LED light, that and the blind detection is worth the price. No issues so far.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have them and for the most part like having the added safety. In my year and a half owning my Gladiator the auto brake alert has gone off with an empty road a few times but seems related to overpass or bridge shadows. It hasn’t ever caused the brakes to be applied just the audio alert. The few times it falses are acceptable if it ever saves me from an accident. The backup alert is super helpful.
Mine has never done that - maybe our bridges are different, but whatever, I agree - if it saves us from some fool even once, it's worth a minor inconvenience of a false alert.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ssrgeoff

ssrgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '21 JTR,
I can definitely see where some places in the U.S. it would pay for itself. It has helped me to not flatten a neighbor after backing out of my driveway. Some people show up out of nowhere... :whew:

Front Runner

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Insurance
I intended to order and wasn’t going to go with either of those packages. Found a local Mojave that had exactly what I wanted minus one thing but with the two options you mentioned. Now that I have the safety group I can’t imagine not having it again. The adaptive cruise control I have never tried to figure out, just use regular cc. I think it’s because we had a QX56 that had one of the first adaptive cruise controls and it would literally hit the brakes 3 football fields away from anything on the shortest distance setting leaving you saying what the heck!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have them, and would never again get a vehicle without them. I use the ACC all the time. The FCW has gone off a few times, but never any false alerts.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I like using the ACC, the cross path detection works well and is useful in parking lots or backing out of driveway.

I’ve had the collision avoidance start braking once or twice at appropriate time but plenty of times I thought it should’ve gone off and I panic braked a little and never heard a peep from it:whew:
I just hope it works one day I really need it to!
I’m not sad I got them, I probably would still get them if I had a choice, but I’m not pinching pennies either.
Just about every other option would probably be prioritized first for me

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have the Active Safety Group (Blind Spot Monitoring). I like it but the only complaint I have is that it has no provision for being in a multi-turn lane. So if I'm stopped at a left turn, where there are two lanes and I'm in the right most lane, once i start moving and it detects the other car it will beep at me. Not really a big deal but my wife's Nissan Murano doesn't do that.

My wife's Murano also has Adaptive cruise control and Emergency braking. I really like the adaptive cruise control feature. I tend to adjust it to keep a shorter distance as the longer distance settings can be overly sensitive to merging traffic. There will be times it will slow down, sometimes relatively aggressively when someone merges into my lane where you would not have slowed down if you were controlling the speed but I think you get used to those situations quickly and anticipate those actions.

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
You really need to try the ACC, it’s so easy.
Jeep Gladiator Active Safety Group and Adapt Cruise Packages 5033D8E7-C5B3-42B3-887A-2451080FB824

-press button 1 to turn on adaptive cruise (pressing X just turns on regular cruise)
-press set or number 2..
-then pressing A or B increases or decreases the distance to car in front.

It actually works very well, I was impressed..

Microday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Gladiator Mojave
IF you plan on taking the doors off it's worth learning how to not bend the blind spot pin on the driver and passenger side connectors. I have had 5 JL's but only one with blind spot, taken my doors off hundreds of times....but the new connectors are horrible and the blind spot pin is weak. Not covered under warranty

Last edited:

Riley1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fuck you Nazi Fags. No clear delete accounts button. But I’m outta here. Enjoy sucking dicks!
Occupation
Killing liberals!
For those of you that have these features, are you happy with it? Do you use the features often or find yourself turning them off? I am about to order Nov 2nd after I hit the 30 days for the FCA program and find myself on the fence. I just sold my 2018 Tundra that had the Safety Sense which is similar to what's offered in these packages and had days of glitches where the alert would go off telling me to brake when the road was clear or other times I would see the light come on the dash where it has decided to turn itself off rendering it useless should I get into trouble. I hardly ever use cruise as it's in my head I use way more fuel bouncing RPMs to keep speed but there have been times. I did like the auto on/off hi beams when approaching traffic was coming, but on the JL forum it seems they have trouble in parking garages. Just wanted to get an idea as these are the last of the features before my mind is made.
You shouldn’t have to wait 30 days if you are ordering. You just need your number before it gets delivered.

OP
OP
ssrgeoff

ssrgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '21 JTR,
You shouldn’t have to wait 30 days if you are ordering. You just need your number before it gets delivered.
Yeah I just found that out in the last day or two :facepalm:, but it has given me time to nit-pick and flip flop on colors a bit. I chose Nov 2nd to put in my order, but thinking more about it... I should wait until Nov 4th for obvious reasons. Be nice to time it where it will be ready either before or after our trip were taking during Christmas. Meh, luck is never in my favor...

Thanks for all the responses, I think I'll go ahead and chose the safety group features as it will always pay for itself avoiding just one incident.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I should wait until Nov 4th for obvious reasons.

Thanks for all the responses, I think I'll go ahead and chose the safety group features as it will always pay for itself avoiding just one incident.
im cautiously optimistic after last night.
my insurance company offers a discount that pays for the ACC in about 5 years. You should bring it up with your agent
Sponsored