Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Not necessarily, several guys are running 37s on their Mojaves on the factory suspension with no rub:)
Maybe no Rub on the road but wait until you get them off-road. The smallest amount of flex and your going to be rubbing without a lift
Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Maybe no Rub on the road but wait until you get them off-road. The smallest amount of flex and your going to be rubbing without a lift
This. I am running 37 Patagonias on my Rubicon and I didnt have a lift at one point. No rubbing at all on-road. However, the moment I disconnected the sway-bars I rubbed. I then installed Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit and with the included 1" bumpstops, I was fine. No rubbing at all. This will only work if you have the highline fenders.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Well, I going for 35s, as I don’t want to spend the money on re-gearing, and I do tow at times. I was towing with the idea of 37s, but not worth the risk of needing gears for me.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I going for 35s, as I don’t want to spend the money on re-gearing, and I do tow at times. I was towing with the idea of 37s, but not worth the risk of needing gears for me.
I got 37's on mine, no regear, 17.2 mpgs, 4:10 gears.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
OK, I’ll bite. Does it drive OK and do you ever pull anything, and if so, how heavy?

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
T
The Mojave does sit an inch higher in front then the Rubi does...

OP
OP
chsapeak

chsapeak

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel Rubicon Stingray
Mine has a 2" iron rock lift. 4:10 gears and I pull a 20' bass boat with a dual axle trailer. Total weight is probably 3K lbs. Tomorrow is the first tow with the 37's so I'll find out how it reacts compared to the 35's. I'll admit there are a couple good hills that my truck has downshifted way down on and I can really feel it back there. Open rolling on flat and small rollers hasn't been a problem at all. I'll update tomorrow. I also turned the gear indicator in the dash on so I'll see how low it shifts down to on the big hill.

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
Getting back to the tire diameter, I would expect the manufacturer's stated diameter is probably measured with max tire pressure, no weight applied, and a specific wheel width.

OP
OP
chsapeak

chsapeak

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel Rubicon Stingray
I just sold my like new 35" BFG all terrains and rolled one alongside my 37" BFG currently on my truck. Side by side damn near identical I mean you had to get at eye level and look across the tops to see the difference. Amazing how much they drop when the trucks weight is on them. My conclusion that the level off the top of the tire method reveling 35" was off and reflected in my Taser setting speedo not matching hand held GPS on highway. I had to go to 36.25 in order to match the GPS, not 35 which the level method told me.

Sponsored

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Can anyone tell me if you set your tire size with the tazer and then unmarry does the tire size stay adjusted or revert back to stock?

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
Can anyone tell me if you set your tire size with the tazer and then unmarry does the tire size stay adjusted or revert back to stock?
When I unmarry mine to take in for service. It does not hold the recalibrated speedo. It does hold a few other things.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
I set my tazer to the actual I measured my 285’s at and it was still off vs gps. I had to bump up a little to get the actual Speedo to match within +-.25 mph to gps.

may just take a couple trips to get it right.
Sponsored