First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CIO
Who has the Adaptive Cruise Control? How do you like it?
With the JT being my Daily Driver, I keep going back and forth on if I want to try and locate one with Adaptive Cruise Control.
We have ACC on out Nissan Murano and find it useful on the highways with some traffic.

Edit: How does it compare to other manufactures?
My previous car was a Cadillac SRX with the ACC and I loved it so much that I made sure to have it in my 21 Gladiator Mojave
Sponsored

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
I absolutely hate adaptive cruise control; it turns drivers into mindless drones.

Nothing more irritating than a vehicle on adaptive cruise control sitting mindlessly on the passing lane blocking everyone else.

Driving requires a minimum degree of mental engagement. If you don’t want to drive, do everyone else a favor and stay in the couch!
That`s not an ACC issue, it`s a Stupid Human issue that even ACC removal will not help.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
I've never understood the need for it. If the vehicle ahead of me slows down, I want to get around and pass, not brake and stay at the same distance away. I actually hate that I probably indirectly pay for this tech as part of the 'research' budget....
Have you ever gotten stuck behind a driver on a mountain road where you can't pass and he keeps changing speeds? Have you ever gotten distracted and found yourself going way too fast past a cop? I can think of several other scenarios where its awful nice to have. ACC allows the car to take over the speed adjustments while all you have to do is steer. I thinks its one of god's greatest gifts to mankind! I have a good buddy who felt the way you do. Until he drove my GC with ACC on a road trip. Changed his tune big time. Just sayin".

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Subaru Ascent, '21 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
My previous car was a Cadillac SRX with the ACC and I loved it so much that I made sure to have it in my 21 Gladiator Mojave
Same story here, I got a Subaru Ascent with no strong feelings on the ACC but after using it on the Subaru, it was a ‘must have’ on the Gladiator. System is not as good as the Subaru but still nice.
One of the things I like a lot more about the Subaru is that the car will come to a complete stop with the ACC and then STAY STOPPED. I really dislike that the Jeep will stop but then start moving unless you put your foot on the brake. First world problem, I know, but makes it just that much more enjoyable to drive the Subaru in Houston traffic vs Jeep

Xylinx

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator, 2018 JK Wrangler
Occupation
IT
I absolutely hate adaptive cruise control; it turns drivers into mindless drones.

Nothing more irritating than a vehicle on adaptive cruise control sitting mindlessly on the passing lane blocking everyone else.

Driving requires a minimum degree of mental engagement. If you don’t want to drive, do everyone else a favor and stay in the couch!
Kind of a little hateful

Sponsored

Xylinx

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
The ACC is separate from the windshield. The ACC is attached to the frame/roll bar.

When you fold your windshield down the ACC unit stays in place. Jeep provided a plastic cover most dealers and people throw away because they do not know what it is. The Cover goes on the ACC when the windshield is fold down to protect the ACC unit.

The glass windshield is specific, but its still just a glass windshield.

If I am wrong, please let me know.

Peace Jeeper's! ✌

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg
You going to take the windshield down and put it on?? Had to ask ;)

Xylinx

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
was not sure at first. Now that I anticipate what it does before it does it, I find it 100% predictable. I hardly drive anywhere without it. I would not have the vehicle without it. I also found it behaves strikingly similar to my wife’s Cadillac. I strongly suspect this is licensed technology.

Somebody commented the ACC was the cause of left lane driving. I can’t remotely follow that (lack of?) logic. Bad drivers are simply Bad drivers. Good drivers use the tools available at the times and places they add value.
Agreed

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
Have you ever gotten stuck behind a driver on a mountain road where you can't pass and he keeps changing speeds? Have you ever gotten distracted and found yourself going way too fast past a cop? I can think of several other scenarios where its awful nice to have. ACC allows the car to take over the speed adjustments while all you have to do is steer. I thinks its one of god's greatest gifts to mankind! I have a good buddy who felt the way you do. Until he drove my GC with ACC on a road trip. Changed his tune big time. Just sayin".
Personally I rarely use cruise on a mountain road if there is vehicles in front of me. I actually love driving in the mountains, and maybe because I only get a couple weeks a year up there, I just don't use cruise on the back roads - interstate yes.
I drive a manual, so don't get distracted ;) but I'm not sure what this would have to do with ACC.
I guess I really don't want the car to take over, maybe it's a control thing.
I'm sure it's great for a long road trip and being able to eat a cheeseburger at the wheel. I just don't do that. I guess it's been drilled into me from my stepdad to pay attention, especially to the people behind you and to the side, not just the person in front of you. He drove for a living, so....

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
You going to take the windshield down and put it on?? Had to ask ;)
My first trip to desert for the weekend she’s going full topless and folding the windshield! I will post in a month or two!

OP
OP
wvuviv30

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
If there are street lights do you really need high beams ?
I live in a rural area and there is random overhead lights on the main road.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wvuviv30

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
Yes but you need a completely different windshield, one that's designed for ACC. That's what I was told. Something to do with the special area in front of the camera sensor at your mirror. I was quoted $1100 for replacement windshield if you had ACC, and $245 if you did not. You can call you local glass company and ask that question to them.
Why wouldn't you go through insurance?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
This review is spot on 👍.
Hopefully Jeep will come up with a firmware update to smooth it up a little bit.
It needs a lane line. So around my area, where most (not all) exits are those combo entry/exit zipper lanes with lines, no problem. When there's a long, unstriped area that the person can pull in to, the computer doesn't know they have left your lane. Technically they have not. Legally, you are lane sharing if there's no line. Same with those wide roads where a person can get out of the way for a right, but there's no legal lane there.

mep4wd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Consultant, Retired
I have it and for trips, it's really cool. On the highway it really reduces driving effort such that I believe it can add 1-2 hours of driving energy to my day.

flazoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It needs a lane line. So around my area, where most (not all) exits are those combo entry/exit zipper lanes with lines, no problem. When there's a long, unstriped area that the person can pull in to, the computer doesn't know they have left your lane. Technically they have not. Legally, you are lane sharing if there's no line. Same with those wide roads where a person can get out of the way for a right, but there's no legal lane there.
Your point about no lane demarcations scenarios is valid. However, during my time with ACC on 2021 JLUR what MattK described happens to me every time (lines or no lines):

" Example: you are in the slow lane and someone uses the exit ramp...it's going to slow down with them even though they are on the exit ramp and you are in the slow lane. ".

Maybe some systems are tuned differently, I don't know.

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
Anyone have the issue where the ACC canceles over and over and over for no reason. Im talking cancels itself 15 times in 1.5min.

Sponsored