Sponsored

Admit it. Now that you own a JT, JKU's aren't necessary!

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
No but I didnt need to speak to the manager. I just pulled it out with my truck.
Do you have something against soccer moms?
No - you brought them up.

If you’re going to have opinions about people’s jeeps maybe actually do something with yours.

And I’m sure you’re just trolling but it’s fun throwing it back at you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bigphe JT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1979 Jeep CJ7
We have had a JKU and now have a JLU and a JT. My wife would not want to drive the JT because of the length and she likes having the dogs in the back cargo area and my son in the back seat. She loves her JLU and it does work well for what she wants. It is a perfect vehicle for her. It does seem a little snapper and drives different than the JL. I enjoy driving it. After having a pick up now coming from several Grand Cherokees, I can't imagine driving anything else. If the JL is discontinued when I need to replace it, I will get another pick up not a JLU or SUV.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
We have had a JKU and now have a JLU and a JT. My wife would not want to drive the JT because of the length and she likes having the dogs in the back cargo area and my son in the back seat. She loves her JLU and it does work well for what she wants. It is a perfect vehicle for her. It does seem a little snapper and drives different than the JL. I enjoy driving it. After having a pick up now coming from several Grand Cherokees, I can't imagine driving anything else. If the JL is discontinued when I need to replace it, I will get another pick up not a JLU or SUV.
if the JLU had the towing capacity of the JT I would probably have a JLU simply because of being able to have the dogs and kids in the same vehicle. I’ve determined the bed cab isn’t an option that I want. When we go somewhere w the dogs we take the SUV. Now when we go camping with the dogs we take two vehicles.

now that I think about it I would have had a JLU the last 15 years if it had the gladiator towing capacity. I haven’t had a Jeep the last 15 because of the wimpy towing capacity.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Kind of a toxic thread, but I have to agree with OP to an extent. Coming from a 2017 JKUR. I loved that thing, but the JT wheels just as well-if- you have 37s. I'm finding more and more the lengthened wheelbase helps me more than it hurts offroad. There are a few trails where the 2 door would shine, but for a vast majority of wheeling, the long wheelbase gives extra confidence, and an overlooked pro-- comfort and lack of head tossing/bobbing.

Sponsored

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I don’t know. I have one of each. Open Air experience in a JKU is better than the JT. The JT is more practical if you use it as a truck. One advantage of a JT really is for storage if you are driving doorless. If you are hitting the beach or wherever you can store your stuff in the bed and cover it with a tonneau cover. I still like the JKU and JT combo.

Last edited:

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Say it ain't so. I just bought a JLU last night. Had a Rubicon JT right next to it. Was trying to get my wife to go for the JT, but since the JLU is for her and the kids I figured we had to get what she wanted. Hoping to get a JT next spring/summer.

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
The wife has her 2017 JKU Sport S and I have a 2020 JT Sport S. Neither one spends a lot of time off-road, but we do use the truck more than the JKU. She uses the JKU if she's going out by herself, and when we head to Costco to do some shopping we'll take the JKU simply because it's more convenient to load the back, and any frozen stuff we buy doesn't have to sit out in the hot sun on the way home. When we travel in our RV we take the JKU because we haven't yet spent the money to set the JT up for towing - that'll likely happen next year sometime.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I don’t know. I have one of each. Open Air experience in a JKU is better than the JT. The JT is more practical if you use it as a truck. One advantage of a JT really is for storage if you are driving doorless. If you are hitting the beach or wherever you can store your stuff in the bed and cover it with a tonneau cover. I still like the JKU and JT combo.
Open air practicallity of the JT is huge and was one of my deciding factors. Having my diamondback on the bed with the doors off and roof off gives me a huge amount of cargo space. When I took my Dad's JKU like that I found myself with no room for cargo, and whatever cargo I did have I was afraid it might fall out.

I actually have a hard time understaning how people can really do anything with a JKU completly open.

Sponsored

TooManyJeeps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jku,10 jku,13 jku,17 jkur,20 jl,20 jt
Occupation
daydreamer
I have a JL, JT, and JKUR. They all serve their purpose. I can wheel any of them. None of them wheel like my KTM 520 though.

HONCHO

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Dont really matter, the most capable and reliable jeep is the 04 LJ Rubicon with manual . Down hill since then .

Birel33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland and a Ridgeline
Occupation
FF/EMT
Growing up in Toledo I had access to cheap jeeps, those days are now long gone! My favorite Jeep of all time has to be my 89 Eliminator! Not only is it my favorite Jeep, but the best Truck I’ve had. It couldn’t be beat to death!

That being said I’ve owned Cherokees, Grands (1996 was the best I owned), multiple CJs, and several different varieties of the wrangler. I had moved away from the jeep brand and had been buying Toyota trucks, but I bought a 2020 Overland. I hope that it meets my expectations!

It’s hard to believe that I paid $800 for my Comanche used and the sticker on my Overland was $50,680! My expectations are high!