Sponsored

Advertised prices are not the same when you call dealership.

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Been hunting for the good deal on the Gladiator Rubicon with MSRP around 53k-55k. Seen vehicles on the Cars.com being advertised as low as 45.9k which is around 15% to 16% off MSRP. Seems like a good deal right?
Well, when I call those dealers ,they give me whole different price - about 2k - 3k more. They explain it that I do not apply for all of the discounts. Um, the only discount I am not elegible for is a military discount. Does it really make a 2 to 3k difference?
Do you guys see the same issue?
Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Many dealers advertise a price online that includes every possible incentive. Things like the automobility $1000 discount that only applies to those that need their vehicle adapted for their disability. There's a few other discounts that are not applicable to most people that many dealers will include in this price. I suspect they do this to get you in the door of the dealership expecting that they can get you to buy anyway.

Below is a list of incentives some dealers may include that most may not be eligible for. There can certainly be others including regional or local incentives that may be included and you may not be eligible for.

Driveability / Automobility Program (38CL31)
Manufacturer Offers
The FCA US Automobility Program offers eligible physically challenged (physically disabled) U.S. retail consumers a cash allowance applied to the retail purchase (Type 1 sale), Lease (Type Sale L), or business (Type B or Type E) or 2nd Stage Manufacturer Automobility (Type Sale 8) of adaptive driving or passenger equipment installed on a new eligible vehicle.
  • Automobility Offer : $1,000 cash back on select 2020 JEEP Gladiator
Military Program (39CLB)
Manufacturer Offers
This program offers a cash allowance to be applied toward the retail purchase (Type Sale 1/B) or lease (Type Sale L/E) of an eligible vehicle.
  • Military Offer : $500 cash back on select 2020 JEEP Gladiator
National Association Of Realtors Members (38CLY1)
Manufacturer Offers
This program offers eligible consumers a cash allowance to be applied towards a Retail or Business purchase (Type Sale 1 or B) or lease (Type Sale L or E) of an eligible vehicle.
  • Association/Club Member Offer : $500 cash back on select 2020 JEEP Gladiator
National Association Of Realtors Employee (Type 1/L) (38CLY3)
Manufacturer Offers
This program offers eligible National Association of Realtors Employees a cash allowance to be applied toward the retail purchase or lease (Type Sale 1 or L) of an eligible vehicle.
USAA Member Certificate - Retail (44CLA5)
Manufacturer Offers
This program offers eligible consumers a cash allowance certificate to be applied toward the retail purchase (Type Sale 1 or B) of an eligible vehicle. The certificate will be delivered to eligible USAA Member electronically via USAAs online car shopping service. Only one certificate will be allowed per each eligible vehicle. The customer may redeem this certificate at any authorized Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram Dealership or FIAT Studio.

The big thing to look for is some fine print saying 'Prices includes all rebates and incentives. ' If they break down the actual price online, you might be able to see if they include these, but most of the time they do not break down the price like this.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
yes... 100%

I just bought mine a couple weeks ago & every dealer even remotely close that showed what I wanted online I called & none were close to the advertised price. After negotiating with several & not getting what I wanted I stopped by one that diddnt have exactly what I wanted & made a deal for close enough to what I wanted for 1000 less then what there advertised price was for the truck.

OP
OP

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Thank you guys. That is what I thought. However, in this day and age when almost 30m people out of jobs, you'd think dealership would want to make the deal as they advertise.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you guys. That is what I thought. However, in this day and age when almost 30m people out of jobs, you'd think dealership would want to make the deal as they advertise.
I thought the same... But ultimately nobody was willing to budge. I have the feeling that most dealerships are working 1/2 staffed so everyone who is there is selling like crazy. I know when I bought my truck I got to the dealership about 2 hours before they closed & was there for 5 hours mostly waiting for everyone in line in front of me for each step as there was just a couple salesman & 1 of everyone else right through the final finance guy.. They even only had one person in the detail shop so I cut her a break & just asked to get the stickers off the windows & she could skip the rest of the detailing just because I felt bad for her with how hard she was working trying to get everything done.

Sponsored

Fight On

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Hellcat Challenger, 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
Logistics
Auto sales are down to the lowest levels since 2008 -2009, but the automakers stopped production so no big surplus are clogging up the lots. The dealers still have cash from all of the good deals that they made (bad for us). Once this cash starts drying up they will be more ready to deal. I believe that June will be the rock bottom for best pricing. It's going to get interesting.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
They are not going to change. For every informed customer that is on to their shenanigans, there is probably 2-3 rubes that fall for it.

Until the various state dealership franchise laws are overturned, the buffoonery model they practice will continue.

Komesk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ 1999
Until the various state dealership franchise laws are overturned, the buffoonery model they practice will continue.
100% agree! Law has to be changed. This circus cannot continue any longer. I wish very soon we see all manufactures follow Tesla's selling model, and we will not need to go over this humiliating negotiating process ever again.

AFMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
There's a few dealers in San Antonio and Houston area that I've looked at that apply the every available discount to their advertised prices. The other trick around here is the dealer add-ons. I've seen everywhere from $800 - $3000(!!) for the stupid wheel locks, nitrogen, "tracking system", etc. I bought mine at a slightly higher advertised price and they waived the $800 dealer adds. I was below the actual price at other dealers with lower initial advertised prices. I realize for some dealers the dealer add-on is where the salesperson commission comes from but $3000 for $200 worth of crap is appalling.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
What irritates me is the dealers that advertise a percent off MSRP, and then in the fine print state destination charge not included. That adds back in $1,500 +.
Guess they just want to try to get you in the door.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
There used to be a saying "if the dealers lips are moving, they aren't telling the truth"

They will try everything legal and even go over the line sometimes to try to hook you.

The words "on select models" don't seem to include Rubicons or Mojave. The 0% finance only covers the Sahara JL I'm told.

Oh well, buyer beware...................................

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
If you don't mind driving 400 miles south to Coastline CDJR in San Juan Capistrano, Rob Trachtman (954-864-5162; [email protected]) will sell to you at 5% under invoice all day. No BS markups, add-ons. A few of us SoCal members have purchased from him.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
All this is why I'm glad @spenchey from Motor Inn of Spirit Lake is a little over a hour from my house (well, maybe a bit longer than that now since they tore up Hwy 75 again...). :like:

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
All this is why I'm glad @spenchey from Motor Inn of Spirit Lake is a little over a hour from my house (well, maybe a bit longer than that now since they tore up Hwy 75 again...). :like:

Thank you for the kind words

pmoney$

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
telecom
Been hunting for the good deal on the Gladiator Rubicon with MSRP around 53k-55k. Seen vehicles on the Cars.com being advertised as low as 45.9k which is around 15% to 16% off MSRP. Seems like a good deal right?
Well, when I call those dealers ,they give me whole different price - about 2k - 3k more. They explain it that I do not apply for all of the discounts. Um, the only discount I am not elegible for is a military discount. Does it really make a 2 to 3k difference?
Do you guys see the same issue?
i did, even walked out on a deal mid-signing because they added $2k they said they would take off. last week i found a dealer in Klammath Falls, OR who insisted what was on their website is what the price is, so i drove 550 miles one way, worried the whole time they were going to try to screw me over once i got there, but they didn't. i bought my Sport S with max tow, will the 35's and steps and lots of other goodies for $41k. thousands less than what they sell for where i live in CA. the most painless car deal ever. i towed my crv back home.

pGladiator3.JPG

pGladiator1.JPG
Sponsored