First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Loving the Gladiator ... my excuse has been "Wife wanted a Wrangler; I wanted a truck. Just made sense."

Now it's about time to replace the family SUV and I'm thinking Wrangler (to compliment the Gladiator).

Granted this is the Gladiator forum ... any thoughts on a dream Wrangler? I'm thinking diesel Rubicon. Help?
Sponsored

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
I will likely replace our second car with another gladiator in a few years. Hopefully they are still in production. Oooorrrrr maybe there will be some used 392 wranglers available lol.

It’s a little adjustment depending if you have car seats etc, but it’s worth it.

Litfury

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I may not be much help but to say...
My wife loves my gladiator so much we are seriously considering trading the “family car” -Hyundai palisade in to get her a Wrangler. If they released a color she couldn’t resist it would be a done deal, although the palisade is very comfortable/luxurious, and great on trips. We have been bitten by the Jeep bug.

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
Loving the Gladiator ... my excuse has been "Wife wanted a Wrangler; I wanted a truck. Just made sense."

Now it's about time to replace the family SUV and I'm thinking Wrangler (to compliment the Gladiator).

Granted this is the Gladiator forum ... any thoughts on a dream Wrangler? I'm thinking diesel Rubicon. Help?
2 Jeep, 2 engine family here- wife drives a JLU Sahara with the 2.0 Turbo e-torque, Jt Rubi pentastar for me. Honestly the diesel just isnt worth it to me. Already hearing of issues with the emissions system, especially if you live/ drive in the cold. Previous ecodiesel track record was horrendous and the added weight from the diesel can be an issue with payload etc...

Between the pentastar and the 2.0 in a Wrangler I would take the 2.0. Crazy acceleration for a Jeep and good torque, my wife averages 23mpg on 33” Grabber ATXs. She has 60k miles without a single service visit.

OP
OP
WemoVealot

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I will likely replace our second car with another gladiator in a few years. Hopefully they are still in production. Oooorrrrr maybe there will be some used 392 wranglers available lol.

It’s a little adjustment depending if you have car seats etc, but it’s worth it.
392 would be a dream -

392 would be freakin awesome

Sponsored

OP
OP
WemoVealot

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I may not be much help but to say...
My wife loves my gladiator so much we are seriously considering trading the “family car” -Hyundai palisade in to get her a Wrangler. If they released a color she couldn’t resist it would be a done deal, although the palisade is very comfortable/luxurious, and great on trips. We have been bitten by the Jeep bug.
Yeah man we have a Traverse and it's the best car we've ever had. My wife liked the Gladiator until I put the topper on. I secretly hope she finds the 'dream color' in a Wrangler (instead of a Land Rover or some other crap). Thanks and good luck to you brother.

OP
OP
WemoVealot

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Ask away 😁😁👍🏻🇺🇸

I would do it in a heartbeat. Oh wait.....already did. Gladiator is 2 months old. JL for the wife is 1 week old.

Jeep Gladiator Advice on another Jeep 695B8A94-6DF2-4B93-9789-392C74D0AF9C

Jeep Gladiator Advice on another Jeep 695B8A94-6DF2-4B93-9789-392C74D0AF9C
Oh man what options? That thing is fantastic

OP
OP
WemoVealot

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
2 Jeep, 2 engine family here- wife drives a JLU Sahara with the 2.0 Turbo e-torque, Jt Rubi pentastar for me. Honestly the diesel just isnt worth it to me. Already hearing of issues with the emissions system, especially if you live/ drive in the cold. Previous ecodiesel track record was horrendous and the added weight from the diesel can be an issue with payload etc...

Between the pentastar and the 2.0 in a Wrangler I would take the 2.0. Crazy acceleration for a Jeep and good torque, my wife averages 23mpg on 33” Grabber ATXs. She has 60k miles without a single service visit.
That's some good cautionary advice. Looking into the 2.0

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
UUUMMMMM.... its probably best you don't ask me what I think. I don think I would give good financial advice.

Jeep Gladiator Advice on another Jeep IMG_2486

Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Oh man what options? That thing is fantastic
This had to be the color. Chief. Here in AZ Jeeps are very common. She wanted something unique.

All options except leather or heated seats. She wanted capability without having to do a ton of mods. All Rubicons standards for off roading.

She traded a ‘17 Explorer Sport for it. I knew we were destined for a second when she said how more comfortable and better my Gladiator drove than her Explorer. This is a woman that has owned nothing but Explorers or F150s.

Good luck on your search !

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
The new hybrid is intriguing, that is if they actually start shipping them. Pretty complicated system, but it should be a kick in the pants to drive, + battery only short trips. I'd wait for some reviews.
(I personally hope they make a straight-6 turbo non-plug-in hybrid for the Gladiator Don't tell anybody I said that tho)
I have almost 20K miles on my diesel Wrangler, and it has been Fantastic.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I'm thinking when we replace our other vehicle it'll be a wrangler 4xe, so I've been working that angle with the Mrs., For a while. That chief blue looks great!
Sponsored