Sponsored

Aftermarket Diff Cover?

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
If the grip length is there you can reuse the factory bolts. My only recommendation is the torque spec is 30 ft-lbs but I would back off the a couple of pounds as they have been know to snap the heads off at the full 30 ft-lbs spec. That is also with a dry thread so if you put a liquid locktite compound on the threads, that will affect the final torque even more.
I did see mention of that being way too high, will keep that in mind.
Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I replaced these on my JK, but I never did on my TJ. I’m trying to decide whether I should now on this one. I think I will wait until it’s time for diff service if I get some.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I did see mention of that being way too high, will keep that in mind.
So the bolts appear to be the same exact spec, except the OEM were painted whereas the Dana provided ones are powder coated :rolleyes:

I guess I'll have Summit ship me the missing ones after all.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So the bolts appear to be the same exact spec, except the OEM were painted whereas the Dana provided ones are powder coated :rolleyes:

I guess I'll have Summit ship me the missing ones after all.
Did you also get the tube of gray RTV with each cover? That is suppose to be included with the DANA covers also in addition to the mount hardware.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Did you also get the tube of gray RTV with each cover? That is suppose to be included with the DANA covers also in addition to the mount hardware.
Yes, but I opted to reuse the factory. It only has 5k miles, and they looked fine. Didn't want to battle attempting to hold up the cover without smearing the RTV everywhere.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Anyone try the arb ones? If so do you happen to have a yeti trackbar as I'm wondering if they will clear

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yes, but I opted to reuse the factory. It only has 5k miles, and they looked fine. Didn't want to battle attempting to hold up the cover without smearing the RTV everywhere.
Trick I did for using RTV on my install was to go to Lowes and get a couple of cheap fasteners like 2"+ long on the shank and same size/thread pitch. Cut off the head and dress the end, then used them as alignment dowels to get a flush install of the cover on the diff and started the other fasteners before removing the dowels.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Redsummit machine works, really nice covers, will powder coat any color , but not cheap $300 powder coated. I do not have them and beings I just bought a camper the other day, and want to save as much as possible until it comes, they are going to wait. The ARB is also a great one, I just was not thrilled with the dip stick, neat idea but could see someone overfilling the diff easier, I beileve you mark the dip stick with your level before installing.....Jack,
Love Red Summit stuff, but yea they are pricey. I want that new rear bumper tire carrier though.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Does the JL cover fit the Glady JT diffs? I agree nice cover , much thicker steel then most, great price.....Jack

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Does the JL cover fit the Glady JT diffs? I agree nice cover , much thicker steel then most, great price.....Jack
I was going to call them, the info on the site is conflicting.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I was going to call them, the info on the site is conflicting.
I think the conflict with certain rear covers fitting the JL and not the JT is due to how far they stick out towards the rear and may conflict with the rear sway bar that is on a JT and not on a JL.

I know on other platforms like the RAM, this issue is solved by putting spacers on the sway bar mount pads to push the sway bar out to give clearance.

Reactions: Mac

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
Looking to replace the stock diff covers on my Dana 44 front and rear. Any suggestions? Arb? Yukon? ...
Ive been waiting for the Banks brand. Honestly most the others are just not able to do enough to make it worth the money. If you havent seen them, check them out, everyone should be copying them.
Sponsored