Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
47 tomorrow. Jeep number 9. First ever new vehicle!
Sponsored

Sniper

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Ecodiesel Gladiator Rubicon JT370 AEV pkg.
I have sort of an interesting story at least I'm being told it is.... :) I'm 59 worked hard and long all my life, just worked, saved and invested... paid everything off including my rental properties. I was sick for at least the last 20 years and just muscled through to get through each day. A number of problems caught up with me such as 270 blood pressure, could not walk 10 feet, was in pain, tired, over weight and was basically dyeing just like my dad did at this age. I see the doctor, he tells me how sick I am and all what my problems were puts me on all this medication.

I studied how to reverse all my illnesses through eating and fasting. My doctors are shocked, amazed, thrilled and wanted to call Good Morning America and get me on the show to share what I did because the results are A year and a half later after losing 130 pounds, I'm off all medication, I'm running up to 6 miles a day with ease, going to the gym, my mind is crystal clear and feel like a million bucks.... (pun intended)... I feel so good I start researching for all sorts of investments I made over 30 years ago and lost track of them when I moved... I find them all in several different brokerage houses... Some of the funds like FSPHX yielded 15% since 1981, FMAGX 15.7% since 1963, VGHCX 15.8% since 1984... and many more funds like this... low and behold it grew to almost 2 million dollars. How pathetic is that, I worked so hard and felt so crappy, missed 20 years of my life, pinching pennys, literally air drying clothes to save electricity and didn't even know I had that extra money.

So f%*k it I said to msyelf I miss my CJ5 back in 1979 and thought I want a damn jeep again. I ordered an eco diesel Rubicon Gladiator, fully loaded, getting the AEV 370 package and all their goodies and I'm going to go live again.

Moral of my story?

1) Save some money even if it's $4000 a year or what ever you can and invest in funds that yield high percentages.
2) Take care of your health, eat correctly and fast like they do in Blue Zones and get healthy.
3) Have some fun!

I'm back guys and cannot F^&king wait to ride in to the sunset with my jeep, my mountain bike and hunting & fishing gear and so damn glad to be alive and feel good again! ;)✌

Last edited:

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I have sort of an interesting story at least I'm being told it is.... :) I'm 59 worked hard and long all my life, just worked, saved and invested... paid everything off including my rental properties. I was sick for at least the last 20 years and just muscled through to get through each day. A number of problems caught up with me such as 270 blood pressure, could not walk 10 feet, was in pain, tired, over weight and was basically dyeing just like my dad did at this age. I see the doctor, he tells me how sick I am and all what my problems were puts me on all this medication.

I studied how to reverse all my illnesses through eating and fasting. My doctors are shocked, amazed, thrilled and wanted to call Good Morning America and get me on the show to share what I did because the results are A year and a half later after losing 130 pounds, I'm off all medication, I'm running up to 6 miles a day with ease, going to the gym, my mind is crystal clear and feel like a million bucks.... (pun intended)... I feel so good I start researching for all sorts of investments I made over 30 years ago and lost track of them when I moved... I find them all in several different brokerage houses... Some of the funds like FSPHX yielded 15% since 1981, FMAGX 15.7% since 1963, VGHCX 15.8% since 1984... and many more funds like this... low and behold it grew to almost 2 million dollars. How pathetic is that, I worked so hard and felt so crappy, missed 20 years of my life, pinching pennys, literally air drying clothes to save electricity and didn't even know I had that extra money.

So f%*k it I said to msyelf I miss my CJ5 back in 1979 and thought I want a damn jeep again. I ordered an eco diesel Rubicon Gladiator, fully loaded, getting the AEV 370 package and all their goodies and I'm going to go live again.

Moral of my story?

1) Save some money even if it's $4000 a year or what ever you can and invest in funds that yield high percentages.
2) Take care of your health, eat correctly and fast like they do in Blue Zones and get healthy.
3) Have some fun!

I'm back guys and cannot F^&king wait to ride in to the sunset with my jeep, my mountain bike and hunting & fishing gear and so damn glad to be alive and feel good again! ;)✌
It’s a great story and congratulations!! Makes me want to get off my lazy @$$ and whip myself into shape a bit. Enjoy

Sponsored

JT Carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator, 2020 cherokee
Occupation
retired
70 years young. My 2021 Gladiator is my seventh jeep. The wife drives a 2020 Cherokee Trailhawk.

Reactions: BCC

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
In general very true. But then again at 56 I am in the older group here but co-founded corvetteforum.com (and several others) before the turn of the last century. Some of us have been around forums for a while. 😂
I was in listservs before most heard of "forums". It was all emails repeated to members by a server.

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
I was in listservs before most heard of "forums". It was all emails repeated to members by a server.
I remember those days well. And then discussion forums came out mostly as fully threaded. We used UBB at launch which was on of the early popular "flat" discussion boards.

BCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I’m 67. I estimate I’ve had 25 4 wheel vehicles and at least a dozen motorcycles (still have two). The Gladiator suits my activities which includes a couple of hundred miles bicycling road and mtb a week, competitive shooting, scuba and camping. I’m retired.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
If it tells you anything, my wife always says for me to act my age and not my shoe size. Yep.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Growing up is very over-rated.

Vincent

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I still giggle like a 7 yr. old when I toot!! Hehe! Again, I’m 46... lol! :surprised:

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Fairly obvious that the majority demographic of Gladiator owners would be of the age who can afford (prime earning years) one of, if not the most expensive mid-size truck on the market. Were you expecting something different?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Not surprised. Need to have the money and the need for a truck. Usually means more established families.

J Sierra

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am 55 retired after 35 years aerospace work
Sponsored