First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I also run the Mopar engineered high performance CAI, probably the same engineers that designed the stock intake. So many people tear cold air intakes down based on what ever they heard or see and all are not the same, the Mopar one uses the same bottom of filter box with the grill air intake and drains for water in the bottom, sucks air in from the same protected fender area ( unless you use optional hood vent) and yes there are zero resonator chambers on the tube, incredibly clean look under the hood can see everything , inside of filter box all the baffles on lid are gone and the tube leaving the filter box is perhaps twice the size of stock and ends in same diameter at throttle body, uses either the stock dry paper filter or the same outside sized but deeper dry paper filter. I’m almost 67 never going to be old, love the sound, feel an improvement at top end, and as I said before ,get a thick shake and try sucking it from a soda straw…it sucks, get the big straw and no problem, to say that reducing the effort needed by the engine to pull the same air in is nothing , so get the engineers they say, I did I got the Mopar engineers. I think my friend Mr. Bill and I are the only ones that are happy as shit and smiling all day long with our CAI from Mopar, which is also available installed from factory
( without hood vent). I am pretty happy with my Glady gets what I consider good mileage at 18 in town and 19-21highway while carrying a 170 pound RSI cap and with a ARB Elements fridge hooked up and running in back ,almost three hundred pounds in bed…..Jack
Sponsored

Last edited:

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
No rush but I would love to see photos of the OEM intake pipe.

I know when the motor is built the engineers design the air intake for, what they believe, are the best specifications for the engine. I get it. Is there a way to change the settings in the ECM with a Jscan or Tazer to accommodate the increased air flow? This was always a concern with some of the bikes I've owned. Again, just curiosity and It's probably a good thing I'm not a cat!
Ask, and thou shalt receive (Note, it's still dusty, because once it's removed.. meh...):

Upper airbox, inside with ridges:

Jeep Gladiator Air Intake Question PXL_20230922_210446569

Various full shots of the entire intake tube, from multiple angles:

Jeep Gladiator Air Intake Question PXL_20230922_210453634

Jeep Gladiator Air Intake Question PXL_20230922_210507847

Jeep Gladiator Air Intake Question PXL_20230922_210518830

Down the throat, from the throttle body side:

Jeep Gladiator Air Intake Question PXL_20230922_210542760

And, down the throat from the airbox side:

Jeep Gladiator Air Intake Question PXL_20230922_210617690

To really get an idea of the difference between the two.. here's the before enginebay:

Jeep Gladiator Air Intake Question PXL_20230812_220508291

And after:

Jeep Gladiator Air Intake Question PXL_20230812_230624871

And.. of course, to prove to everyone I'm not a complete neanderthal, here's the shot of the engine bay after I cleaned it, afterwards.. lol:

Jeep Gladiator Air Intake Question PXL_20230814_155820822

Hope that helps some :)

Performance 'gains' as Mopar claims, are negligible as everyone will tell you. That said, the MPG difference seems to have improved, albeit VERY slightly, maybe 1MPG, if that. Kinda hard to quantify since traffic changes around here so much. (This is my DD, so it gets lots of testing.. lol)

I continue to use the paper filter, because I don't feel like having to change the oil even more than I already do.. BUT, moving the intake to the fender HAS resulted in my getting less crap in my airbox. This summer, I was having to vac it out every week or so, just to get rid of all of the dust from the dirt and gravel raods. Now, it seems nearly spotless. Some of it can be attributed to less heat, so less dust, I'm sure.. but *shrug*. It is what it is.

~ Casp

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
I think my friend Mr. Bill and I are the only ones that are happy as shit and smiling all day long with our CAI from Mopar, which is also available installed from factory
( without hood vent). I am pretty happy with my Glady gets what I consider good mileage at 18 in town and 19-21highway while carrying a 170 pound RSI cap and with a ARB Elements fridge hooked up and running in back ,almost three hundred pounds in bed…..Jack
I would like to add myself to that list.. super happy with the Mopar CAI, and I HAVE cut out the hood (and about gave myself a heart attack doing it).

Got some photos I posted of my amazing body shop skills, a few weeks ago. Kidding.. it's a good thing there's nice bezels on either side of that cutout.. because while the exterior cut is actually VERY clean.. the inside looks like it was cut open by a Mr F. Krueger.

~ Casp

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Sounds like a design flaw with the S&B Intake, or a problem with the vehicle it was installed on.

I installed the Mopar CAI well over a year ago. No CEL or any other issues with the intake or engine.
Correct, the engineers at Mishi said it had something to do with the vacuum set up.........it was engineer speak and flowing above my knowledge

OP
OP
Great Offender

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
Ask, and thou shalt receive
And you did not disappoint my friend with some rather detailed photos. I was looking for the trigger mechanism because it truly looks like it's out of a science fiction movie. Truly hard to believe any air gets thru that choked opening?

Got some photos I posted of my amazing body shop skills, a few weeks ago
I'm pretty sure I read that thread and saw your photos. Very brave move that I'm not sure I would have had the stomach to do. Who am I kidding? I would have done it and royally f'd it up!

Sponsored

Dick

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Juliet Tango Romeo
Occupation
Living rent free in Bill's head
"No comment".
Sponsored