Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Thoughts on using Airlift with dual wireless controllers for managing the varying weight between unladen everyday commute and heavily laden backcountry travel? Plus, thoughts on using the same dual control set to help in leveling at remote location? Overkill maybe, but would it work?
Not totally sure if I understand what you're asking. If you're looking for thoughts on installing two separate units to inflate them separately and do what you stated above there is no need for that. Airlift actually makes a few systems in SD and HD that are "dual" to give you the functionality I think you're asking for. See items (and click for links) below:

74000ez
Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Not totally sure if I understand what you're asking. If you're looking for thoughts on installing two separate units to inflate them separately and do what you stated above there is no need for that. Airlift actually makes a few systems in SD and HD that are "dual" to give you the functionality I think you're asking for. See items (and click for links) below:

74000ez
Yep, that’s what I meant. I don’t tow anything. Just have very different day to day weight vs backcountry weight.

Sponsored

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
How bought 3.5 inch Clayton. Would it even be able to assist

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Appreciate the idea. Hands down I'll get better info on here lol

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the idea. Hands down I'll get better info on here lol
You need to do some searching on here, what you’re asking has generally been discussed. If your lifting you can use the ram 1500 bags as they are same width just taller and you can use different size pucks that come with different kits to accommodate the proper bag spacing.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Yep, that’s what I meant. I don’t tow anything. Just have very different day to day weight vs backcountry weight.
You don’t need two systems and two controllers. If you are empty you let air out if you are heavy you put air in. The Ram 1500 bags are what I have and they can run from 5 to 50 psi. I have the wireless one compressor and can change my pressure with my phone while cruising down the road.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I was thinking dual control. The ability to control how much is in the left or right bag separately. Toying with the idea that it could help with leveling the vehicle for camp.

I think I saw they had a single compressor that had dual control and could be operated by phone.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You don’t need two systems and two controllers. If you are empty you let air out if you are heavy you put air in. The Ram 1500 bags are what I have and they can run from 5 to 50 psi. I have the wireless one compressor and can change my pressure with my phone while cruising down the road.
Where did you install the controller? I can’t decide on a location for mine but I wanted to put it underneath somewhere.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Where did you install the controller? I can’t decide on a location for mine but I wanted to put it underneath somewhere.
I have it mounted to the frame rail on the passenger side. I used existing holes so I didn’t have to drill. You can see it inter there but it doesn’t hang down below the frame rail. In heavy off roading it would be an early casualty.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I was thinking dual control. The ability to control how much is in the left or right bag separately. Toying with the idea that it could help with leveling the vehicle for camp.

I think I saw they had a single compressor that had dual control and could be operated by phone.
Ok that is easy too. You can set it up like that. I haven’t seen it done with a compressor but the instructions for regular installation include two air chucks. You do not have to tie the two sides together.
Sponsored