Sponsored

Alpine premium speaker upgrade - worth it!

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
I am sitting here listening to albums through a 1970s vintage Pioneer SX1010 and same vintage BIC Venturi 6's. The platter is a DUAL 710 With an AudioTechnica 95 cart. Given that I am a closet musician, I would not want those speakers on the overhead but it IS your ride. Back when I installed an 8 track in every vehicle, left rear was also right front. Same for the right rear and left front. the sound was even wherever you sat. (Especially the back seat, nudge nudge.) Your set-up looks nice and neat. Glad you like it.
Sponsored

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
That’ll accelerate my amp upgrade timeline a bit then if so!
Im finishing up full replacement 3-way setup using audio control dm-6.1200 builtin DSP.. wow super clean and lots of volume!

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
It's worth it. And if you decide to add an amp down the road, you've already got speakers there!
Do you know where the factory amp is located so I can swap out with a more powerful one?

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
Do you know where the factory amp is located so I can swap out with a more powerful one?
The factory amp is behind the rear seats. It’s covered with a plastic panel.

OP
OP
Jeff.gt

Jeff.gt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 gladiator sport
Occupation
CWO3, Eng Technician
Im finishing up full replacement 3-way setup using audio control dm-6.1200 builtin DSP.. wow super clean and lots of volume!
Sir, show us that build!!

Sponsored

Saharacane

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Dog Dad
Was on the fence considering the low power of the factory amp. I went with the select increments pods, infinity primus components, and the reference 3020 3.5” in the dash. Left the knee panels alone for now. Worth the time and money especially if you plan to upgrade the amp down the road. The infinity speakers are a bit lower than 4 ohm so I still get good volume at maybe 20w hitting the speakers. Sounds great for now on the stock amp!
I just bought the Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx for the dash and have the upgraded Factory Alpine setup. Did you use the included capacitors for the new dash speakers? I'm reading conflicting opinions on whether they are needed or not b/c of the upgraded Alpine system w/ Amp and Sub.

mert34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
i installed those same speakers on the alpine system in the dash, did not use any of the capacitors.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
There is a chance that your amp will probably shut the sound bar down in about a week. I had a set of Ref6530's and had it happen to my JLUR with the factory Alpine. The amp didn't seem to like the 3 ohm load off the tweeter in that corner but is ok with the 3032's in the dash. According to what I have found those are 2.7 ohms. Hope I am wrong.
how are you liking the 3032's ? I can't decide between them and JBL 322F... they are almost identical, except the JBL has a silk tweeter... the highs seem a little higher to me... I believe they are even made in the same factory , they are both from the house of Harmon

terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Sales
So I am two speakers past that. First went for a set of JL audio. C2-350’s in the front and 650’s in the sound bar and I wasn’t completely happy with that so I pulled them and went with the Quart Stage 6. Ended up getting another set of their dash speakers and put them in her Jeep with the rest of the Alpine stock and they are pretty nice.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
So I am two speakers past that. First went for a set of JL audio. C2-350’s in the front and 650’s in the sound bar and I wasn’t completely happy with that so I pulled them and went with the Quart Stage 6. Ended up getting another set of their dash speakers and put them in her Jeep with the rest of the Alpine stock and they are pretty nice.
Are you still driving the current speaker upgrade (MB Quart Stage 6) with the stock (premium) amp? If so, how are you liking them? Did you upgrade the sub?

I found the kit on the Extreme Terrain website for $769.00. It includes six speakers. I am on the fence to upgrade if it isn't a considerable difference though.

Last edited:

terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Sales
Are you still driving the current speaker upgrade (MB Quart Stage 6) with the stock (premium) amp? If so, how are you liking them? Did you upgrade the sub?

I found the kit on the Extreme Terrain website for $769.00. It includes six speakers. I am on the fence to upgrade if it isn't a considerable difference though.
No, I did the full kit with the amps after watching this:

I added the 400.1 amp to the extra slot on the rack. I am in a JL not a JT so there is not a good sub option for the factory enclosure. Running that amp into the rewired stock sub for now and impatiently awaiting the drop in sub that Quart is supposed to release soon. As far as the sound, it's clean, loud and I can be on the Thruway at 75 and hear nothing but my music unless a Harley on a pipe comes by.....
Sponsored