Sponsored

Alright who was having a little too much fun in their JT last night?

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
If there was alcohol or other drugs involved then I have no sympathy. But 2:30 AM could be driver fatigue and a jacked up intersection. I’m out that time of the night all fall and winter long on my way to the woods. Now I am the exception to the rule because most people on the road at that time have been partying. I’ve been pulled over three times on my way hunting and when the officer walks up and smells coffee instead of alcohol and I’m dressed in Camo they just ask where the guns are, make sure I’m not a fugitive and let me go.
Sponsored

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
did you even bother to watch the embedded video in the news story? They said there are frequent accidents there because of the road design, 2 years ago a tractor trailer smashed through the concrete barrier that stopped the Jeep and plummeted to the interstate below.

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 3.07.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 3.08.11 PM.png
Did you? I stand by my post based on the comments from the police.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
There are two videos. One doesn’t mention alcohol at all and one does. I checked the police blotter for the police department involved and there is no mention of this guy. As someone who is in business of caring for the people who experience these accidents I can tell you that after a luck like that you will be very uncoordinated and in somewhat of a stupor for a long time. Serum etoh would have been tested at the hospital and reported to police by now.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Soooooo, how much to buy this totaled Gladiator so I can use the back half to turn my JLU in to the J6 concept lol
good looking parts truck there!
upload_2019-10-20_22-47-0.png

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Jeep JK
Think wife read he fell asleep or something other day when she sent me the article, could be wrong though.

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm kinda done with the "suspected of driving under the influence" thing. I went through a bad period where I was pulled over three Friday nights in a row coming home from the airport.

Time 1: "License and registration with proof of insurance, please" "why?" "expired registration" <shining flashlight in my face to test for sensitivity> "Here's the info showing it's not expired." "Oh, must not have seen the updated sticker, have a nice night."

Time 2: "License and proof of insurance, please" "I was trying to get out of your way" "you changed lanes twice without signaling" "Because there was an SUV with bright lights moving up on me at a rapid pace and I was trying to get out the way because it's late at night on a weekend." "I was pulling up to read your plates" "and with your lights shining in my face through the mirrors I was supposed to know you were an officer how?" "Oh, uh, well, okay, let me run your license." <flashlight sobriety test> "Have a nice night, and be more careful next time."

Time 3: this was definitely my fault. I missed a stop sign in an area I don't drive in much because I didn't see it. Cop pulled me over. "Good evening, could I see your license and proof of insurance please." "My wallet is in my back pocket, I'm going to reach for it with my left hand." "Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the moment to make sure I feel safe." "You're good, watch that stop sign next time. Have a nice night."

The fun part is my contacts make me light sensitive and I have sensory issues, so I usually don't pass the flashlight test.

Sponsored

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Let's steer the conversation back to the JT....
70mph... straight into a concrete barrier.... and the whole cab is intact and you can open the doors? Holy crap, if my Jeep CJ could have done 70 mph you would have been completely obliterated in a wreck like this! In my TJ you'd be a seriously hurting puppy.

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Jeep JK
I think some of the cushion was the barrier seems to have moved forward which I am sure helped take some of the brute force. I hit one one time doing 65 in my pickup when I was younger and it didn’t budge an inch and tossed me like a rock skipping across a pond the other direction. Front my of truck folded pretty much same but my frame did bend. Was on 96 Chevy full-size.

Lex Low

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Film Editor
Here are more pictures of the damage. it held up pretty well

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Here are more pictures of the damage. it held up pretty well

any way to read the actual police report to confirm they were suspected of going 70?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
F20276AF-5E04-40ED-B69E-C291545B6081.png
A91C78EB-A42E-42D1-977B-080B64327914.png
The driver is incredibly lucky that he didn’t go over the barrier and land on the road below. That’s what happened with this truck driver. And a couple of interesting things to note about the news story. They reported that drivers have to slow down from 75 miles per hour!!! Why does any state have a 75 mile per hour speed limit? And why have such a speed limit at an exit? Listen to the news story. 75 is what they reported.

And the second thing to note is that the exit goes uphill. I would think that most drivers would slow down when going up hill on an exit. I would not think that anyone would speed up and plough through the intersection like so many people have done as reported in the news story. Boggles the mind!
Sponsored