Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I weighed mine before the camper went on I was 5260 then after the camper was installed i was 5860 so exactly 600 lbs more everything on the Jeep was the same both times full of fuel with me in it
ouch! Thats heavy! I am assuming you have a rubicon? Is it optioned out? That only leaves 390 pounds for food, water, gear, etc…. If one wants to stay within gvw anyway.
how is your camper outfitted with options?
Sponsored

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Yes please, was this 600 lb ACCC naked, or the full set of water tank, panels, heater, propane etc?

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I am at 6900lb with steel bumpers, winch ACCC, awning, molle panels on the back, solar package, fridge, one bike and rack, recovery gear, weekend of food, EE dual burner stove, 5lb propane tank, and a few other things.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Soo you’re using just an AGM for your house battery? What’s the ah rating off it? Curious to see how that works for you!
I have a Genesis also with a Goal Zero as a backup. With 180w of solar on the roof it keeps the secondary Genesis and the GZ charged. Running a Dometic 35 fridge, lights, fans, charming iPads/phones, and sometimes an electric blanket.

Sponsored

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
In the front I have a 3/4" Daystar spacer on stock springs and the back I have the Rancho Overland Springs.
I have been struggling with sag because of my weight. I have Dobinsons in the garage that get installed soon. Hopefully ditching the airbags.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I have a Genesis also with a Goal Zero as a backup. With 180w of solar on the roof it keeps the secondary Genesis and the GZ charged. Running a Dometic 35 fridge, lights, fans, charming iPads/phones, and sometimes an electric blanket.
Sounds like our weight is very similar. I will be at AVO this weekend for their open house if you are coming by.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I have been struggling with sag because of my weight. I have Dobinsons in the garage that get installed soon. Hopefully ditching the airbags.
will be really interested to hear how you like those springs. That weight is higher than I thought it would be. Kinda makes me think to consider some other options.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Sounds like our weight is very similar. I will be at AVO this weekend for their open house if you are coming by.
Unfortunately I will be out of town Saturday. Are you hanging around for a few days or heading home? We might be in the Asheville area Sunday afternoon.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
will be really interested to hear how you like those springs. That weight is higher than I thought it would be. Kinda makes me think to consider some other options.

It may be heavier than a few other campers on the market, but I truly think it is the best one. The accessories available and the side open back door sold it for me.

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Unfortunately I will be out of town Saturday. Are you hanging around for a few days or heading home? We might be in the Asheville area Sunday afternoon.
I will be leaving out on Saturday to meet some family in KY. I will be rolling back through for Jeep Beach. I plan to drive through NC/SC on the way to FL since it is almost the same time/distance. I had a few mention primitive beach camping in SC so thought I would try that on my way down. They said it was "Hunting Island". You know anything about it?

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
It may be heavier than a few other campers on the market, but I truly think it is the best one. The accessories available and the side open back door sold it for me.
Oh i totally agree it is the higher quality option. But seeing those numbers makes me a tad nervous where I would end up myself. Insurance doesnt typically like to see weights over gvw. And its my main rig currently. Theres also a lot of steep hills in my area.

When do you plan to swap the springs out?

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Oh i totally agree it is the higher quality option. But seeing those numbers makes me a tad nervous where I would end up myself. Insurance doesnt typically like to see weights over gvw. And its my main rig currently. Theres also a lot of steep hills in my area.

When do you plan to swap the springs out?
We have a lot of hills here too, not really an issue other than gas mileage.

The coils will be swapped when my regear is done, hopefully the gears will be here in about two weeks.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I will be leaving out on Saturday to meet some family in KY. I will be rolling back through for Jeep Beach. I plan to drive through NC/SC on the way to FL since it is almost the same time/distance. I had a few mention primitive beach camping in SC so thought I would try that on my way down. They said it was "Hunting Island". You know anything about it?
I am not much of a beach person, sorry. When we go it is usually to the Charleston area.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
We have a lot of hills here too, not really an issue other than gas mileage.

The coils will be swapped when my regear is done, hopefully the gears will be here in about two weeks.
What springs did you go with? I think they have a couple different spring rate options?

What are you re-gearing to?
Sponsored