Sponsored

Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call

Donnie2153

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thank you @Moriarty ! I've discussed that with Mule them but they don't have a bigger option to accommodate for a second camera so I'll do it myself. I'd like to have a dashcam or electronic rearview mirror and place them above the door both. I think @813 Fabrication & Design has something similar but I could be wrong.

Still interested in the dimensions from the picture in this post if anyone has the chance some days.
I used the same setup as Moriarty. I also used a 1" plastic plug to cover the access hole.
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call 20220917_180144
Sponsored

LAJEEPR

First Name
Jimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Suspension question for the group here. I currently have the AEV 2.5” Suspension with the regular coil springs. I’d like to keep it simple and not Frankenstein some suspension together. Looking at two options here. An Airlift system for the rear or just upgrading to the AEV 3” High Capacity Springs. I’m sure some of you have experience with both. Looking for recommendations.

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Suspension question for the group here. I currently have the AEV 2.5” Suspension with the regular coil springs. I’d like to keep it simple and not Frankenstein some suspension together. Looking at two options here. An Airlift system for the rear or just upgrading to the AEV 3” High Capacity Springs. I’m sure some of you have experience with both. Looking for recommendations.
A better-tuned spring will always be better than an airbag. An airbag is good for handling extra weight (usually temporarily), but not really controlling it (ride quality) if that makes sense. If the Canopy Camper was removable, I probably would have gone with a bag system. But because they aren't and pretty much permanent, a spring upgrade is better.

My Gladiator is a diesel and I upgraded my regular AEV 2.5" to the diesel high capacity springs. It's been a few months now and I am happy with the way the springs are working. I do think the shocks may just be under-valved a bit for the heavy springs so some better valved, adjustable rear shocks are on my wish list.

Sponsored

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
A better-tuned spring will always be better than an airbag. An airbag is good for handling extra weight (usually temporarily), but not really controlling it (ride quality) if that makes sense. If the Canopy Camper was removable, I probably would have gone with a bag system. But because they aren't and pretty much permanent, a spring upgrade is better.

My Gladiator is a diesel and I upgraded my regular AEV 2.5" to the diesel high capacity springs. It's been a few months now and I am happy with the way the springs are working. I do think the shocks may just be under-valved a bit for the heavy springs so some better valved, adjustable rear shocks are on my wish list.
I agree. I have airbags at the min 10 psi for DD. I inflate them a little when towing. I have Dobinsons HD coils on the back and they are great when paired with Fox 2.5 adjustables.

Last edited:
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2018 Wrangler
I have the AEV heavy duty coils and I love mine, crawl on 37s and hardly ever rub.

everydayoffroad

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
Shop Owner.
Hi all,

I am currently planning our Gladiator ACCC build interior. Can anyone with an ACCC shell measure from left side bed to door width, then door width, and door to bed right side width?

Trying to plan it so my partner can access stuff easier on the outside when cooking as we have dogs in the backseat and won't be doing any of those goose-gear delete for the fridge.

flipboltz

First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
I am getting the AEV Dual Sport with the 3' High capacity springs installed next week. I am very stoked for this. Anyone have any pics of their jeep with this lift and the Alu-Cab?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am getting the AEV Dual Sport with the 3' High capacity springs installed next week. I am very stoked for this. Anyone have any pics of their jeep with this lift and the Alu-Cab?
Check out my IG, I have lot of photos. Running the HC springs for several months now and love the setup.

IG - @around_the_nw

Link - www.instagram.com/around_the_nw/

flipboltz

First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
Awesome. Thanks. Of course, I was already following you! What size tires are those Nittos, 37s?

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Awesome. Thanks. Of course, I was already following you! What size tires are those Nittos, 37s?
Yep, they are 37x12.50R17 Recon Grapplers.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Does AEV publish their spring rates anywhere?

Donnie2153

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I agree. I have airbags at the min 10 psi for DD. I inflate them a little when towing. I have Dobinsons HD coils on the back and they are great when paired with Fox 2.5 adjustables.
Are you using the aev dualsport suspension with dobinson springs (front, rear, or both) and adjustable fox 2.5 shocks? Which springs did you use? The 3" or 2" rated at 800 to 1400lbs?
Sponsored