First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
Picked up my ACCC about two weeks ago, we love it.
it gets bags in the rear coils Wednesday to see if it will help with the sag, and then a 2.5“ lift and 35s in the next few weeks if not.

I have the oem camera temporarily mounted in the gap left from where the camera cable came out of the body. I have three ideas for a permanent mount:
-a custom bracket (worried about it not being waterproof)
-putting it in a small Pelican box and mounting to the door or rear side panel. I have cut a hole in a small Tupperware container as a practice piece to see how well it works before cutting into a $22 pelican case, need to play with it tonight.
or
-cutting a hole in the door or rear side panel the same as was in the tailgate and mounting it with the oem brackets.

I like thought of mounting it directly in the door or side panel since it would be the cleanest, but it worries me a little if I ever had to change it. The panel is replaceable, though not easily I do not think.

38D3D491-5432-4F9E-8AC7-0665F16FECBE.jpeg
Hi, glad to see you got out and tested the gear. I would like to say I have the Mopar 2" lift and do not have any sag fully loaded. Just a thought....
PS: did you ever get the camera bracket made? Your truck looks nice too
Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Here are a couple more photos. My tires are 35" on 20" Fuel rims.....plan on going to 17" wheels since the Fuel wheels are more street than off-road.
I also have the Mopar 2" lift and I think it rides great on 35" tires. No sagging that I can tell but still need to add the water tank. Once that is done it's time to weigh the bad boy.

Jeep.jpg

IMG-3703.jpg
My intentions are for a very similar set-up. Will be following; very interested in weight, tire size, suspension, etc. Good luck!

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Hi, glad to see you got out and tested the gear. I would like to say I have the Mopar 2" lift and do not have any sag fully loaded. Just a thought....
PS: did you ever get the camera bracket made? Your truck looks nice too
Thanks, we are enjoying it.
I am lookinto at the Mopar lift. It is between that, the Clayton, and Fabtech.

I have not had the bracket made yet, I decided to try a simple mount above the bumper first, then the pelican case. Above the bumper works ok, but it could be better.

A0593647-D6A6-4CF6-8AE1-5030A7E6C597.jpeg

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Looking good and congrats!
If anyone finds a good solution for the rear camera please let me know.

I would like a little bracket to go the rear license plate if possible.
Or maybe the gap between the rear bumper and bottom of door.

I know the lines won’t match the height of the old tailgate location.

Camera Source makes a license plate camera bracket. I asked about just the bracket, without their replacement camera...$89. No thanks.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
If you want to move your camera more than a few inches from just above the bumper you will need an extension cable unless you take all the wiring out of the tailgate. I did not want to do that so I bought a cable from Pasternack. You need to trim the tabs off so it will align correctly, but it works great.

PE38753H-60Violet FAKRA Plug to FAKRA Jack Right Angle Cable 60 Inch Length Using RG174 Coax

$54 shipped.

This will allow me to place the camera anywhere on the back I want.

Sponsored

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
Our customers JT is getting a boost in power. Lithium batteries and the full REDARC Red Vision and Manager 30 system. Plus a Truma propane heater.

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper _Z620424FB-2
Is this the OEM backup camera? If so, how is it mounted?

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Is this the OEM backup camera? If so, how is it mounted?
It is, we have an in-house fabrication team that custom-made a one-off mount.

Sponsored

phreak480

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubi
Occupation
U.S. Army
The camera should be weatherproof on it's own as on the wrangler it's not even inside a tailgate. Don't use a pelican box, get a nema rated outdoor project box. You can get them in black even. It will have gasketed lid that attaches with a few screws. Then mount it at proper height to get the lines to match up, get an extension for the camera cable as has already been posted.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I played around a little last night and mounted it in a Tupperware container (cheap). I really like the view at the top of the door, but do not like the aesthetics. I mounted it to the side to see the view in case I decide to cut the door to mount it (Probably not going to do that)

I tried it on the Molle panel too and it works well overall, but the lines are off. to get it to fit on the panel without a box I will need to cut the panel holes bigger or take the trim piece off the camera, mount it, and glue it back together.

The current camera location, above the bumper, is not ideal because of the view when the bikes are on the back. It works, but not great. (Last image but without bikes)

I am going to give it a few more days and decide.

41268057-B70C-43D6-BB99-FC64D8AFC1C6.jpeg

072A35BC-B282-4055-B754-EA18956538E1.jpeg

9A54CB83-1D49-450F-A0B8-21A034EFD833.jpeg

1F51051E-B2C9-4184-89AE-CAA4050ECB56.jpeg

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager

phreak480

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubi
Occupation
U.S. Army
We will look into making a few of the brackets. Stay tuned.
Can you get us a photo showing the view on the head unit with the camera in that spot? Any idea how far off the lines are from reality in the new spot?

Would this bracket also be suitable if say someone wanted to screw it to the door?
Sponsored