Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
The brackets are going into production in the next day or so and will be stainless. I will post a link when they are available.
Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Does the aluminum table mount under the cabover on the Canopy Camper?

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Under the cabover on most trucks but I am pretty sure it will not fit on a Gladiator due to the height of the cab.
I saw some literature which led me to believe the table would fit under the cabover...and other literature which stated it would not. So, who messed-up; the Jeep engineers who made the cab too high, or the Alucab engineers that made the cabover too low? What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Sponsored

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
I saw some literature which led me to believe the table would fit under the cabover...and other literature which stated it would not. So, who messed-up; the Jeep engineers who made the cab too high, or the Alucab engineers that made the cabover too low? What came first, the chicken or the egg?
I can confirm the table slide doesn't fit on a Gladiator. I had a demo unit installed on my truck and they spent 3 hours removing the table first, as it had been installed at the factory with plenty of Sikaflex sealant and rivets. Good news is it can be reinstalled on another non-Gladiator build.

RealMcCoy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
Under the cabover on most trucks but I am pretty sure it will not fit on a Gladiator due to the height of the cab.
NO the cab in the JT is to tall. Not enough room.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

CDN 3.0

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Picked up my ACCC about two weeks ago, we love it.
it gets bags in the rear coils Wednesday to see if it will help with the sag, and then a 2.5“ lift and 35s in the next few weeks if not.

I have the oem camera temporarily mounted in the gap left from where the camera cable came out of the body. I have three ideas for a permanent mount:
-a custom bracket (worried about it not being waterproof)
-putting it in a small Pelican box and mounting to the door or rear side panel. I have cut a hole in a small Tupperware container as a practice piece to see how well it works before cutting into a $22 pelican case, need to play with it tonight.
or
-cutting a hole in the door or rear side panel the same as was in the tailgate and mounting it with the oem brackets.

I like thought of mounting it directly in the door or side panel since it would be the cleanest, but it worries me a little if I ever had to change it. The panel is replaceable, though not easily I do not think.

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper MUL-JP-JT-CAM-BKT_1
Might I ask, do you get any dash lights or warnings that the tailgate lock or third brake light from the tailgate is disconnected? What about the camera, is the screen just black when you reverse?
Thanks!

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Might I ask, do you get any dash lights or warnings that the tailgate lock or third brake light from the tailgate is disconnected? What about the camera, is the screen just black when you reverse?
Thanks!
There were no warning lights with the camera or third light disconnected. When backing up, the screen was black except for the direction lines.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And I have officially ordered my Canopy Camper for my Ecodiesel Gladiator :)

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper 20210406_Gladiator_Snoqualmie_Pass_Stock_19

CDN 3.0

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Tailgate Wiring?

For Removal of the tailgate in preparation for my Alu Cab pick-up, do I just unplug the brake light, tailgate lock, and back up camera wire harness and tie wrap the harness under the bumper?

I understand no dash warning lights will come on, just wondering how everyone is handle this?
Sponsored