Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
How about this concrete information?
posttension-concrete-info-session-for-contractors-1-638.jpg

I'm so stir crazy. lol

Well if you do hear anything from OK4WD, please let me know. Sorry as one of the first to pre-order, you're getting the shaft. Perhaps you get yours april 15, and mine shows up June 15........who knows.
Having been in construction for 37 years I had to laugh at your picture.
Thanks!

mine is flat black also but no front slider. I have some thoughts for the front of the canopy. I’m also getting the table and slider mount that attaches to the ceiling. We used that setup in Africa and it was incredibly handy to be able to get your table out for a quick lunch or what ever without hunting for it with the rest of my stuff. I also got the passenger side cupboard that I will outfit for a kitchen when it arrives...hopefully!
I also ordered a set of roof racks to mount either my RTT or kayaks to.

Have the prices gone up since you ordered yours?
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Having been in construction for 37 years I had to laugh at your picture.
Thanks!

mine is flat black also but no front slider. I have some thoughts for the front of the canopy. I’m also getting the table and slider mount that attaches to the ceiling. We used that setup in Africa and it was incredibly handy to be able to get your table out for a quick lunch or what ever without hunting for it with the rest of my stuff. I also got the passenger side cupboard that I will outfit for a kitchen when it arrives...hopefully!
I also ordered a set of roof racks to mount either my RTT or kayaks to.

Have the prices gone up since you ordered yours?
I have no idea if the prices went up. I placed my order, paid half and then I burned the credit card statement.

I got the flat black with slider, the table and table roof mount, the roof cross bars and 1 empty cupboard. I'm not sure if i'll put that on the driver or passenger side. I think i'm going to use mine mostly for grocery/store bought items. open up the panel and set the stuff in there.

When I go on a trip then i'll have to outfit it for either recovery stuff, or more kitchen things like you're looking to do.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
.....When I go on a trip then i'll have to outfit it for either recovery stuff, or more kitchen things like you're looking to do.
we’ll have to corroborate on ideas and come up with something fantastic!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
just got a phonecall, my Alu-Cab shipped out before the Corona-demic set in. Should get it the 2nd week of April or so....

@smlobx , what have you heard about yours?
Looks like ARE must have caused this pandemic because they didn't want Alu-Cab to ship their South African canopies to the USA.....KIDDING :CWL:

But seriously now, if they do still ship it from NY to Wisco in the next month, i'll have to change it to a residential delivery with liftgate service.

Delivering Steffen707's Alu-Cab is an "essential service", right? :facepalm::surprised::headbang:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Looks like ARE must have caused this pandemic because they didn't want Alu-Cab to ship their South African canopies to the USA.....KIDDING :CWL:

But seriously now, if they do still ship it from NY to Wisco in the next month, i'll have to change it to a residential delivery with liftgate service.

Delivering Steffen707's Alu-Cab is an "essential service", right? :facepalm::surprised::headbang:
Talked to the guys at OK4WD yesterday.
It looks like we are in the same container and it’s expected to arrive in NJ on the 15th. Then it will take a week or so to get it from there depending on trucking availability.

Man I’m getting anxious!

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks like we are in the same container and it’s expected to arrive in NJ on the 15th.
Did you ask them if steffen707's canopy was on the same container?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Did you ask them if steffen707's canopy was on the same container?
I didn’t have to...He said it was loaded right next to yours! (J/k)

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Our caps must be deckmates! I have the same due date in NJ. Was going to drive down and pick it up myself but that doesn't look very practical now. Looks like I'll have to ship it from NJ to Maine. Hope it or the ship doesn't get quarantined.......

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our caps must be deckmates! I have the same due date in NJ. Was going to drive down and pick it up myself but that doesn't look very practical now. Looks like I'll have to ship it from NJ to Maine. Hope it or the ship doesn't get quarantined.......
Hey Rokon, my great aunt lived in campobello, anywhere near you? Our family took two road trips there from Wisconsin 37 and 30 years ago. We had lobster for breakfast when we arrived because my sister was obsessed with trying it as soon as we got there. Lol

Sponsored

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Don't recognize the name. I'm southern ME just south of Portland on the coast.
I've made a lot of road trips to Oshkosh Air show since 1984. Maybe we should swap lobsters and cheese?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I've made a lot of road trips to Oshkosh Air show since 1984. Maybe we should swap lobsters and cheese?
Campobello is an island just off the Maine coast on the border between Maine and New Brunswick, Canada.
You have to take either a ferry (from the Canadian side) or cross a bridge when entering from Maine.

It is famous for being the summer home of Franklin Rosevelt as well as other very well to do New York Socialites in the early part of the 20th century. Much of the island is currently a museum with several homes available for viewing although there are a few small villages there as well.

Very much worth the trip if you’re in that neck of the woods.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Campobello is an island just off the Maine coast on the border between Maine and New Brunswick, Canada.
You have to take either a ferry (from the Canadian side) or cross a bridge when entering from Maine.

It is famous for being the summer home of Franklin Rosevelt as well as other very well to do New York Socialites in the early part of the 20th century. Much of the island is currently a museum with several homes available for viewing although there are a few small villages there as well.

Very much worth the trip if you’re in that neck of the woods.
i guess we also went to Waterville my mom says.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HA! i've been there 3-4 times. Seeing the Blue Angels was probably the highlight for me.

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
HA! i've been there 3-4 times. Seeing the Blue Angels was probably the highlight for me.
Being 300yds from the SST taking off, sub-sonic but high speed flyby pass down the runway and landing approach from runway center sure impressed me. On the flightline with a dozen P51's firing up a taxing about awed me...... so many big pistons doing their thing thru short stacks! Seeing Glacier Girl, P38, first recovered portions back in the states was pretty jaw dropping too. Frozen in time.
Sponsored