Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
thanks for this! I may need to find a license plate bracket to reattach the camera since alu-cab is dragging their feet on a solution
Np, man. I will explore this myself when I get my canopy camper installed next spring (buying a demo unit from a dealer). Seeing the cutout in the tailgate for the camera, it would be easy to make a template and have a bracket made out of aluminum, allowing use of that retainer clip that holds the camera in place. Only tricky part would be the wiring harness, as it would like need to be longer to relocate. I'll watch this thread and add to it when I'm ready.

phreak480

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubi
Occupation
U.S. Army
Np, man. I will explore this myself when I get my canopy camper installed next spring (buying a demo unit from a dealer). Seeing the cutout in the tailgate for the camera, it would be easy to make a template and have a bracket made out of aluminum, allowing use of that retainer clip that holds the camera in place. Only tricky part would be the wiring harness, as it would like need to be longer to relocate. I'll watch this thread and add to it when I'm ready.
There are already wiring extension kits for the camera on the wrangler and from my research the connector is the same. it's actually a common fakra connector similar to what is used for satellite radio leads.

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
visual designer
There are already wiring extension kits for the camera on the wrangler and from my research the connector is the same. it's actually a common fakra connector similar to what is used for satellite radio leads.
Perfect — thank you!

Sponsored

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Fwiw anyone that is getting a camper option, you’ll also want to relocate the xm antenna. Luckily, I am heavy Spotify user and don’t really care for xm radio, but if you don’t have downloaded music and like xm while far away standard radio stations, the camper can block the signal.

phreak480

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubi
Occupation
U.S. Army
Fwiw anyone that is getting a camper option, you’ll also want to relocate the xm antenna. Luckily, I am heavy Spotify user and don’t really care for xm radio, but if you don’t have downloaded music and like xm while far away standard radio stations, the camper can block the signal.
Good thing is that maximus-3 makes a sat radio antenna relocation kit for use with their roof racks on the JL and JT.

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
visual designer
I'm curious what suspension/wheels/tires setups people with the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper are running on their JTs. I have a 2021 Sport S with tow package. I "think" I saw a chart recently that indicated the tow package reduces payload from 1600 lbs. to 1200 lbs on the Sport S. I'm anxious to get off the spindly stock wheels/tires, but feel I should wait until I get the Alu-Cab installed in the spring to see how it sits. I'm not interested in going huge, just capable for moderate CO forest service roads. Not sure my will-power is strong enough to drive this mail truck for the next 6 mos.

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black dog! If you’re in CO I’d be happy to meet up and show you my set up.
Send me a PM.
We tend to do moderate to hard trails with ours on the Mopar 2”.

Sponsored

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
visual designer
Black dog! If you’re in CO I’d be happy to meet up and show you my set up.
Send me a PM.
We tend to do moderate to hard trails with ours on the Mopar 2”.
I'll be in Montrose full time soon, but for now I'm in Iowa. Next time you're headed to the Western slope, let me know and you can meet up with my husband. He's a Toyota guy, but don't let that sway you ;).

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Camodog,

how much room is there between the front of the canopy and the front of the hard top? Trying to figure out what I could fit there. Racks, alu-boxes, maxtrax....,what not.

RealMcCoy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
Camodog,

how much room is there between the front of the canopy and the front of the hard top? Trying to figure out what I could fit there. Racks, alu-boxes, maxtrax....,what not.
Hello,
I am due to have the Canopy Camper installed on my jeep in December. Alu-Cab has an H2O tank that fits in there and I saw a video of 4, 5gal H2O containers strapped in that location. hope that helps

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The alu cab goes all the way to the front freedom panels.
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper 498AD3AF-A3FE-49A7-A627-FC48DC4A9654

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper 498AD3AF-A3FE-49A7-A627-FC48DC4A9654

Camodog,

CF3DB345-4273-4B14-B6C9-A0B7F2652025.jpeg
Sponsored