OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Sorry, if I didn’t understand the question Beowulf, I think it’s 6” from the alu cab bulkhead to the sliding rear window
Sponsored

RealMcCoy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
The alu cab goes all the way to the front freedom panels.
498AD3AF-A3FE-49A7-A627-FC48DC4A9654.jpeg

CF3DB345-4273-4B14-B6C9-A0B7F2652025.jpeg
Great shot, Nice to know where the front sits. If one is careful you can still pull the tops....it looks like it would also be a hassle.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
The alu cab goes all the way to the front freedom panels.

CF3DB345-4273-4B14-B6C9-A0B7F2652025.jpeg

Perfect shot. This definitely shows me the size of rack I could put over the freedom panels.
Sadly it looks like you can’t run the ALUCAB table in its normal location, but I’m thinking of mounting it to the bottom of the bed platform

Last edited:
OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The panels come out quite easily and it’s not really much of a hassle.
unfortunately I can’t use the bestop sunrider soft top for the freedom panels. That is a real bummer

brookie0907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ UR 2020 JT Rubicon
The panels come out quite easily and it’s not really much of a hassle.
unfortunately I can’t use the bestop sunrider soft top for the freedom panels. That is a real bummer
I wonder if the JCR half rack will fit in the front?

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JTRK.html

You have to scroll through the pics to see the short rack. I'm getting a GFC and it is shorter, so this is my current plan.

Does anyone know of others?

Sponsored

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if the JCR half rack will fit in the front?

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JTRK.html

You have to scroll through the pics to see the short rack. I'm getting a GFC and it is shorter, so this is my current plan.

Does anyone know of others?
good find. I am not sure if it will fit. I sent an email to JCR and asked if it would. I’ll let you know when the reply.

i personally like having the freedom panels removed, but it may work for someone else.

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fwiw:

Corey Giffing (JcrOffroad | Victory 4x4)
Dec 7, 2020, 12:06 EST
Our half rack would not mount at the front of the hard top, it was only designed to mount to the rear of the hard top.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m thinking a custom cut FrontRunner. Since they are modular, I’ll just cut it to the length I want. Insert as many slats as needed and call it good. I don’t plan on carrying much weight up there anyways.

brookie0907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ UR 2020 JT Rubicon
I’m thinking a custom cut FrontRunner. Since they are modular, I’ll just cut it to the length I want. Insert as many slats as needed and call it good. I don’t plan on carrying much weight up there anyways.
Interesting about the JCR half rack. I get it that it was designed for the back part of the cab, but unless the width of the cab is tapered, it should fit from side to side. I may measure the cab to see if I want to take a chance. The fact that it fastens to the rain gutters with no drilling is what interests me. You may still have to trim from front to back to get it to fit in front of a camper.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does the ShadowAwn attach? Even though I really like the ShadowAwn, the QuickPitch is huge. Wondering if the Quickpitch could be fitted and still use the Awning deflector.

Sponsored

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
For you all who own and have been using the canopy camper, what are your thoughts on climbing up into bed. Doesn't looks like there's much room to climb up there via the small rear hatch.

RealMcCoy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
Doesn't look like there's much room to climb up there via the small rear hatch.
I have had the same thought about climbing into the sleeping area. I saw some guy on YouTube that was rather large in size squeeze up into the area. I am having the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper installed this week. Updates to follow once they have it installed.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have had the same thought about climbing into the sleeping area. I saw some guy on YouTube that was rather large in size squeeze up into the area. I am having the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper installed this week. Updates to follow once they have it installed.
We just so happen to have a Gladiator Mojave with an Alu-Cab Canopy camper installs this morning. I will try and deploy it later and try it on for size.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We just so happen to have a Gladiator Mojave with an Alu-Cab Canopy camper installs this morning. I will try and deploy it later and try it on for size.
What are you doing for the suspension? Pics are definitely needed after the install. Videos of the install if you can.

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What are you doing for the suspension? Pics are definitely needed after the install. Videos of the install if you can.
No suspension yet. We've installed an ARB front bumper, the canopy camper (with water tank) awning, twin ARB Compressor, skid plate system, and Goose Gear rear seat delete. I will try and get some photos later. We're not an approved vendor, so I don't want to break any rules. I was doing research for my personal build.
Sponsored