Any Full-Size Converts?

Bigbrazen1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2006 HSV GTO
Here is what I tow, I fixed the sag with a different hitch, this one was for my jk run.

0831191209.jpg

Advertisement

CokreeateJT

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Ray Gray JTR
Came from a 2019 ram to JTR.
I do miss the v8 and extra room.
Other than that super happy with the gladiator.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland; 2018 Grand Cherokee; 2004 Grand Cherokee Special Edition; 1970 Javelin(sold); 1973 Javelin; 1982 Eagle SX4
Occupation
Retired auto tech, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Came from a 2019 ram to JTR.
I do miss the v8 and extra room.
Other than that super happy with the gladiator.
I may miss that LS power when I tow, but when not towing, I'm impressed with the little 3.6 - this thing is SNAPPY. It will sit you back in the seat when you need to merge into heavy traffic. I think is surprises people when they think they aren't going to let me in when I try to merge - and I push a little more on my right foot and zip in ahead of them.
The extra room I don't miss as much any more. In fact, I feel more at home, more "comfortable" in this little truck.

Last edited:

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
I may miss that LS power when I tow, but when not towing, I'm impressed with the little 3.6 - this thing is SNAPPY. It will sit you back in the seat when you need to merge into heavy traffic. I think is surprises people when they think they aren't going to let me in when I try to merge - and I push a little more on my right foot and zip in ahead of them.
The extra room I don't miss as much any more. In fact, I feel more at home, more "comfortable" in this little truck.
I traded our 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 extended cab for our JT. When we traveled for Thanksgiving, it became apparent just how much shorter the bed of the JT is compared to our old truck. I'm thinking the only time we're going to miss the bigger bed is when we travel for Christmas & need the extra room to bring our presents to the visit & take our presents home...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland; 2018 Grand Cherokee; 2004 Grand Cherokee Special Edition; 1970 Javelin(sold); 1973 Javelin; 1982 Eagle SX4
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I traded our 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 extended cab for our JT. When we traveled for Thanksgiving, it became apparent just how much shorter the bed of the JT is compared to our old truck. I'm thinking the only time we're going to miss the bigger bed is when we travel for Christmas & need the extra room to bring our presents to the visit & take our presents home...
Mine was a 2011 Silverado extended cab.
Extra room for presents? Good grief - what sort of presents do you take and get? LOL
My family is just my two brothers and we rarely see each other. My wife's family is large but her immediate family she doesn't see and presents are just between the two of us.
All would fit into the bed of the JT with room to spare. (well, not her sunroom, I guess)

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
Mine was a 2011 Silverado extended cab.
Extra room for presents? Good grief - what sort of presents do you take and get? LOL
My family is just my two brothers and we rarely see each other. My wife's family is large but her immediate family she doesn't see and presents are just between the two of us.
All would fit into the bed of the JT with room to spare. (well, not her sunroom, I guess)
Small family here. We go to her mom's place, and my parents meet us there for Christmas. Gift hauling has been decreasing as our kids grow older (they're 19 & 17 now)...

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I went from an 18 Tundra limited to this 2020 gladiator overland. Tundra was too big, felt like it was driving me. I never parked it right. This Jeep is cool. I can still haul stuff, it looks cooler, and I can park it fine. It’s only a foot shorter but it’s narrower.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My Tundra had a 38 gallon tank. When I fill this Jeep up, it has only about 45 miles less range. 16 gallons less in the tank I think. Awesome.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I went from an 18 Tundra limited to this 2020 gladiator overland. Tundra was too big, felt like it was driving me. I never parked it right. This Jeep is cool. I can still haul stuff, it looks cooler, and I can park it fine. It’s only a foot shorter but it’s narrower.
Glad you mention the parking - it's SO much easier to park this slightly narrower Jeep than the wiiide Silverado and the little bit shorter helps, too. Plus the turning radius is good.
Yeah, and it's cool, too.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I have had it for a few months. The only things I hate are,
Cons
Garage door opener will not program to any opener I've tried
Auto stop is stupid, Tazer took care of it but it's still stupid
Radio is way more money than what it's worth.
XM Guardian service is so unreliable, I don't know why anyone would pay for it.
Windshield is brittle
(this is all Jeeps) the lever to raise the seat is retarded, Get in and out a few times and you have to readjust. It should not be located there or be a lever.
Pros
I'm sure I will miss some but
It drives better than my 15 JKU and has plenty of power for me.
Easy to park
Bed is the perfect size for me
It is f***ing cool as hell.
Great on gas compared to my Tundra.
It's comfortable
Heated seats and steering wheel is the shit
Remote start is great but having all the heat turn on if it's below 40 outside is very cool.
LED light package is very much worth it. I have not seen cooler tail lights.
Other people love it and some others hate it. I have no grey areas and I am glad my truck doesn't either.

Hot-Rod

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Pros
-I much prefer the Jeep’s 8” touch screen unit to GM’s unit not sure why but I do.
- Easier to park
- Smaller than the Silverado so parking in the garage gives us much more room
- Rubicon is totally Bad #$$ looking! #1 reason
- real 4 wheel drive just seems more capable than my Chevy full size
- topless fun
- doorless fun
- Just small enough that your not the first call on moving day

Con
- 6’ +bed allowed the tailgate to close when hauling 6’ folding tables and more.
- worst seating position of the 40,+ cars I have owned — washers added made much better
- peopling asking- saying it’s just a Jeep,with a bed ( includes someone that worked on the Gladiator program)
- same on Gas as most full size trucks