First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Who has been full on caught in a rain storm with no top? Anything go wrong? Any problems? I’m talking Jeep outside in the parking lot at work and a down pour rolled in. No top.
Sponsored

danieljustyn

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
My JK got caught in a down pour a few times... the only issue I had was one of the radio buttons wouldn't light up anymore.

OP
OP
TJWilly

TJWilly

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I know there is a rubber seal around the infotainment screen but more concerned about all the buttons just below.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I ran no top or doors in Guam for two years straight. Years later when I replaced the radio (it never stopped working), I noticed some scale buildup. So it probably shortened it’s lifespan, but I replaced it with a marine unit before that actually happened.

At the same time, it only takes one short to take it all out. I personally wouldnt make a habit of it on a JT, but I’d be more annoyed at wet seats than worried about my electronics at that point

Sponsored

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I ran no top or doors in Guam for two years straight. Years later when I replaced the radio (it never stopped working), I noticed some scale buildup. So it probably shortened it’s lifespan, but I replaced it with a marine unit before that actually happened.

At the same time, it only takes one short to take it all out. I personally wouldnt make a habit of it on a JT, but I’d be more annoyed at wet seats than worried about my electronics at that point
yeah this, the wet interior i have cloth seats would annoy me a lot more.

OP
OP
TJWilly

TJWilly

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I had cloth in my TJs and JK. I put those Iggee seat covers and they were great. I have leather now and have treated them. Swamp ass will be less a factor these days. :LOL:

OP
OP
TJWilly

TJWilly

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer

In a JL?

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Much is like the JL. Jeep did mist tests and learned from those putting little gutters inside to protect electronics. If anything fails, let it dry for a while before trying again. Make sure all seats and carpet are dry to avoid mold growth. Carpets can be pulled to dry more effectively. In extreme cases, a dehumidifier may be used with the Jeep sealed up. After a rain storm, you have a very good chance of everything being fine, but try not to make it a habit.

OP
OP
TJWilly

TJWilly

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks. Yeah. That is why I asked. I worried none in my TJs. Worried a little in my JK. The JT is so integrated it is a it scary. It thanks for the info. Glad to hear the JL dashboard held up to the humidity well.

Sponsored

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
Yeah, I was more saying I paid a lot more money for the JT to let it get wet that much, not that I was afraid it was delicate lol. Because Jeep definitely tested the hell out of it.

My JK was the Jeep of my 20s; I’m 30 now and don’t need to prove myself. Let em call me a mall crawler, I’m still gonna baby the hell out of this thing. Plus I’ve probably wheeled in more countries than those people will ever visit lol

OP
OP
TJWilly

TJWilly

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I hear ya brother. I built my share of trail TJs. My JK was my overland rig. (Http://expedition-awareness.org) and now my JT was no compromises. Will be an overland build as well. Love my JT. This is why I asked about the rain. Lol. Cause you know else are gonna have those oh shit was that thunder moments!? I plan on buying a trail cover before I pull that hard top. I hope they have them for the JT. Basically a full cover for nights and camping etc when parked to keep inside protected some. It was a great way to add a little protection to my TJs. The JK the top was on 99.99% of the time because of the roof rack.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Who has been full on caught in a rain storm with no top? Anything go wrong? Any problems? I’m talking Jeep outside in the parking lot at work and a down pour rolled in. No top.
Here’s a vid that a forum member posted recently. It’s a long vid but the first minutes or so is all you need to see.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
It'd be nice if there was a screen to keep rain from blowing around and hitting the rearview mirror and inside of the windshield.

ARKGladiator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th
The second week I had my gladiator I went camping for 4 days. Day 1 had 3.5” of rain without top on jeep. Pulled the floor plugs, opened the doors and let it dry out.
I’ve had zero issues other than a slight smell only my wife can smell.
Sponsored