Sponsored

Any tall owners?

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
6'4" 260. No Issues other than the minor ones mentioned part of the time..... I also sit pretty vertical with not much seat recline. Plenty of headroom. Right knee rests on transfer case lever but not an issue.
Sponsored

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
found this info on the JL site about "flipping" the mirror. sure does make me a little nervous, don't really wanna go yanking on mirror. I guess the worse that could happen is you damage the clip and have to replace.

anyone tried with the sonar cruise, it setup any different?

skl1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Camaro convertible, 1996 Jeep Cherokee, 2012 F150 CrewCab
Hey all, I actually think I found the opposite to be true about cloth vs leather seats (6'5'', 250lbs). I have tried sitting in 5 Gladiators and one JL. I found with the seats all the way down and back, I was still touching the dash with my knees on 2 of the cloth seat versions. The 2 leather seat versions I wasn't touching. One of the cloth (Gladiator, not JL) seat versions, my knees also didn't touch. I thought the cloth seats were slightly plumper, but maybe it's more unit to unit variation in how they drill the seat bolt holes. Don't know. I also thought the Gladiators had more room (1/4" maybe) than the JL's, but again this could be my imagination or unit to unit variation. HTH.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
I’m 6’. Plenty of room. My youngest son is 6’4”. No problem with the headroom but he wishes the seat would slide back a notch or two.

I installed Bestop’s nice 1/2 soft top that replaces the Freedom Panels. I haven’t run a tape but it feels like at least 2 to 3 inches more headroom with this top. At least enough for the cone heads to be comfortable.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I just sat in an Overland JT at the dealer this weekend, and at 6'6" and 225 lbs (36" inseam), I fit fine.

Side note: the dealer didn't have any Rubicons, which I have been considering as my wife currently has a JKR that I love to drive on the weekends. I've been thinking of trading in my Audi to get a JTR, but maaaaaaaan, those Overland interiors (i.e. with the black leather dash overlay) are so much nicer than the Rubicon's red or grey dash panels (IMHO). I may go with an Overland with black leather/white stitching instead of the Rubicon model; I'd stick to fairly mild trails with the JT given the breakover angle anyways and add air lockers and a manual disconnect if I find I need them. I can always tow the JKR if I want to hit some of the hairier trails. ;)

Sponsored

Big John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M715x2, 92 YJ, 20 Gladiator
6'6" 275#, no problems. Right leg is always on center console and my feet are a bit big (17-18) so sometimes my right foot hits the brake when I meant to push the gas. The only vehicle I own that is better is my Dodge dually.

BCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I’m 6’3” and have an Overland, which of course, has leather seats. Drove it from near Tampa to Key Largo this week to go diving.

Not only is there plenty of head and legroom, the damn thing was a joy to drive. Of course I took off the two roof panels for the last 100 miles.

I traded a loaded 2017 F150 Platinum, and while that was a very comfy vehicle, I prefer driving the Gladiator.

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
My friend is 6'6 400 lbs. He drives when I party, so no issues with leg room or head room. It is a bit of a tight fit for him compared to my mercedes van. If you are tall and slim or medium build you shouldn't have an issue. Now, riding in the backseat you will for sure have problems, lol.

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I’m 6’3” and have an Overland, which of course, has leather seats. Drove it from near Tampa to Key Largo this week to go diving.

Not only is there plenty of head and legroom, the damn thing was a joy to drive. Of course I took off the two roof panels for the last 100 miles.

I traded a loaded 2017 F150 Platinum, and while that was a very comfy vehicle, I prefer driving the Gladiator.
TPA here as well. I'd rather have a tarantula lay eggs in my ears than ever attempt to drive to key west ever again, lmao! Between all the cops hiding in bushes and the 25 mph for 100 miles, no thanks! You are braver than I, sir!

Sponsored

BCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
TPA here as well. I'd rather have a tarantula lay eggs in my ears than ever attempt to drive to key west ever again, lmao! Between all the cops hiding in bushes and the 25 mph for 100 miles, no thanks! You are braver than I, sir!
I hear ya!

The Keys has the best diving on the mainland. So that’s where I go. I avoid hitting Miami during rush hour and doing the last 100 miles there on a Friday evening or back on a Sunday afternoon.

Not working has its advantages.

Edit: And unfortunately, there are a lot fewer folks on the road, these days...

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I'm 6'2", but I'm also kinda wide. I NEED the seat to go an inch or so BACK, and also DOWN an inch or so. For all you guys who DON'T have a problem, I'm happy for you. But I can tell you that some of us do indeed have problems, and small design changes would have made a LOT of difference for us. If anyone figures out a way to lower the seat a bit, I would LOVE to hear about it.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
6'1 250lbs. I have a long torso and my head sits high in the driver's seat. Sometimes the outward sight lines feel compromised because of the relatively short (height wise) windshield. So I agree with others that say the seat could use more play back and down.

Granted I realize it's a Jeep and the short windshield "is the point" because it folds down. Got it. But I do feel like the seat design could allow more room, esp going down.

jwangle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150
Occupation
Blue Line
6’5”, 225, no way I could make either a daily driver. Regardless of seat position, my head would bang off the crossbar, mirrors have a terrible angle, and shifting a manual is a bit of yoga. The automatic was the same story. Knee sitting in the transfer case shifter is a no go.

Full size Ford truck for me… but the wife’s JT is on its way. (Well under a foot shorter and a bill lighter). Shotgun for me it is!

Had no issues in my YJ Islander at all but the JK I traded up for was a little rough. Ended up trading for a crewcab Ford Super Duty.

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Great thread and one I think about in many aspects of life. I am 6'7" and 245 lbs and I actually have pretty good leg room. I have better leg room in my Mojave than I do in my Ford F-350. I always wanted a Jeep and the only experience I had was with my dad's old Willys that he bought cause he drove one in the war. I could not even sit in the drivers seat.
Now, all of this said, there is a site called "Extend my seat" that has a really good track record with extending seat length and they just launched their Gladiator brackets this past monday (4/5) and I have ordered a set.
Here's a link:

Jeep Products - Extend My Seat Store
Sponsored