Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I've used the power from my LJ 7 pin trailer hookup but it's wired direct with factory wire harness for a 2k winch not sure on JT one.
I've found the 7 position connector for the trailer is hot all the time. I went out today after my truck had been sitting since about 7:30 last night and plugged a 12v outlet adapter into the plug and hooked a halogen troublelight up to it and it lit up nice so it's hot all the time.

I believe I've read here or elsewhere in these forums that it's a 30 amp fuse.

That should mean anything ~360 watts (figuring right at 12 and not 12.6 of a typical fully charged legacy battery)

Likely would not power my 2500 ATV winch pulling a rolling load up an 8.5% tilt bed trailer, but anything else should be good.

Some compressors have the "lighter" type plug on them, others have "clamps" - if I were to get a compressor with the clamps, I'd likely cut those off and wire on a 7 pin trailer connector and use that (unless the compressor demands more than 30 amps I think someone said these trailer connectors are fused for. )
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've used the same for a small air compressor with a cigar lighter adapter 👍

en2dirt

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I installed the Maximus onboard air cradle with two Viair 425 Compressors and one 2.5 gal tank with a hose ran to the front bumper area to connect my Speedflate to. Inflates four 37's from 18psi to 32psi in less than 5 minutes.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I sold my Gladiator, and will be putting my compressor system up for sale (it was removed before the sale). I'll add up what it's worth new, and ask for less, though it also includes a hand-fabbed mount.
Sponsored