First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Any decent vacuum uses more than the 400 watts available. A typical, non-junk household vacuum runs over 1200, a great one 1500. Small pellet grills only need around 300w during startup, but larger/faster ones may need 500. There are also two small motors in them. A friend bought a tabletop pellet grill and it runs fine from a small inverter.

For onboard air, if you look at my profile you should find my install thread.
Sponsored

allenjh

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I carry a Viair 400P-RV which also serves as a backup to air up my RV tires. Fits in the storage area under the back seat.

treesmacker

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord V6
I keep one of these under the back seat for all my inflation needs...

20V MAX* Corded/Cordless Air Inflator - DCC020IB | DEWALT

Absolutely love it, but I also always have a couple 20v/60v Flexvolt batteries with me too in my tool bag. Just screw on to tire valve, set desired pressure (up or down, can deflate as well) and let it do it's thing.
I have this one too - works GREAT! Use it to put up to 100PSI in my motorhome tires. Range is 3 to160PSI.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I guess everyone missed what I was suggesting? Did I not describe my thinking? Don't use clips - cut the danged clips off, send them to me for my plating racks. I go through quite a few clips because the acids eventually eat them....... Or leave them on and in PARALLEL, connect the item shown in the link below. But if you do that you must insulate the clips or they could short together - I say - cut 'em off.

Buy a trailer plug, the round one like on the front of your travel trailer/camper, or flatbed car hauler.
Put it on the wires from the compressor - the ones you cut the clips off.

There - now when you need to air up, grab the compressor, carry it to the back of the truck, lift the cover of the truck's trailer jack, and plug the compressor in using the trailer connector plug I said to put on the compressor.

Since folks don't realize you can buy these even at walmart and you can connect them to any accessory that runs on 12 volts *as long as it's under 30 amps* here's what I mean -
Put this on the compressor, skip the clips ->

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-58140-7-Way-Blade-Connector/dp/B001EOWPOA
I "used" one to power a small 2000 lbs winch on my small cargo trailer for my 4 wheeler. Since my LJ only had a 7 pin trailer connection.

bac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I keep one of these under the back seat for all my inflation needs...

20V MAX* Corded/Cordless Air Inflator - DCC020IB | DEWALT

Absolutely love it, but I also always have a couple 20v/60v Flexvolt batteries with me too in my tool bag. Just screw on to tire valve, set desired pressure (up or down, can deflate as well) and let it do it's thing.
I just got this one and am pleased with it. But it does not deflate on the high pressure (tires) side but only the high volume (toys). Was really hoping it would deflate tires to a preset pressure.

Sponsored

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
I just got this one and am pleased with it. But it does not deflate on the high pressure (tires) side but only the high volume (toys). Was really hoping it would deflate tires to a preset pressure.
You're exactly right, I worded that poorly and not complete looking back at my post. When I deflate on the high pressure hose (tire valve stem), I loosely screw the compressor hose to the valve stem so air is coming out but sill connected to the valve stem, and it shows the pressure as it drops on the digital compressor gauge. Then just unhook when it gets where I want, or tighten if I go a touch too far and it inflates right to where I want it.

Did just use it this weekend for a few lake toys too though ha, lung saver with kids during summer at the lake or pool. It really is one of my most used tools, something of some sort around here is always needing air it seems.

Apologies if I sent you astray in the purchase, was typing too fast.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
In the process of an ARB twin install. Behind rear seat with parts from @eight13design
Adding the manifold for lockers right away too.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
if going where I might air down such as the sand I take the ARB single portable compressor with me. Can air back up pretty quickly.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
This. I can air down 37s and re-inflate in less than 10 With this. That’s airing down to roughly 15-18 and back up to 32. 400p model.

I like the portability to have in my JT or wife’s JL.

Jeep Gladiator Anybody carry a compressor in their JT? 82396C31-2DBA-46B0-B644-41B8178BDADE

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
Just picked this one up a few days ago...$35 after 40% off coupon! Sits nicely under the back seat in the storage area. Tested it on my TJ...took my 35x12.5x15 down to 18 pounds and it only took about 3 minutes to fill it up to 30 psi. Barely even got warm. Just set it desired PSI and it shuts off automatically! Just ordered another one...can't beat the price!
Jeep Gladiator Anybody carry a compressor in their JT? 82396C31-2DBA-46B0-B644-41B8178BDADE
I’ve used this several times already. Refills all four of my 33’s from 25# to 38# in under 15 minutes. Barely gets warm and doesn’t drain the battery.

Sponsored

bac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
You're exactly right, I worded that poorly and not complete looking back at my post. When I deflate on the high pressure hose (tire valve stem), I loosely screw the compressor hose to the valve stem so air is coming out but sill connected to the valve stem, and it shows the pressure as it drops on the digital compressor gauge. Then just unhook when it gets where I want, or tighten if I go a touch too far and it inflates right to where I want it.

Did just use it this weekend for a few lake toys too though ha, lung saver with kids during summer at the lake or pool. It really is one of my most used tools, something of some sort around here is always needing air it seems.

Apologies if I sent you astray in the purchase, was typing too fast.
No problem and thanks for the additional tip. I didn't realize the gauge would register when airing down like that. Perfect.

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
(re)tired...!
A couple of people already mentioned CO2 and the system I built recently shown HERE was under $300. Airs up my (stock) Mojave tires from 18 to 37 PSI in just over 30 seconds a tire and it now takes about 5 minutes start to finish where it used to take me over 20 minutes. You can certainly run out of CO2 if you don't plan properly and I still carry my Superflow air compressor with me for emergencies. Some people don't mind how long it takes to air up and I was of the same mindset...until I figured out how inexpensive it was (especially compared to either Powertank CO2 systems or ARB systems WITH a tank) to put this system together, combine that with ambient air temps here in SW AZ this time of year well into the 110s and it' was a no-brainer for me!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
But if you wheel in winter, the AZ low temps can really mess with CO2 usage. We did a trip where we left the trail after dark, probably 40-50 degrees, and the CO2 system totally froze about half way through a second Jeep (sixth tire fill). To me, these tank systems seem pretty outdated when really good compressor systems are now under $400. I know they used to be crazy expensive, and that drove the original reason to get a CO2 system. But really, now I should sell it.

I've also used SCUBA tanks, which don't have the freeze problem, but they are SO HUGE.

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
That is a turnkey solution and close. Didn't know those existed.
I was referring to buying the trailer connector, the plug end like on a trailer and putting ot on the compressor cable. Then just plug the compressor in to the round outlet at back of truck. Direct. Use the same plug on the compressor that the trailer uses. However that adapter linked to could be handy anyway.

Brilliant idea. On my to-do list.

However that 12v source would be controlled by the ignition right?

In other words, that connector does not go straight to the battery.
Sponsored