Sponsored

Anybody mounted a CB?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2003 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Used the Quadratec antenna mount and full size CB mount referenced above. President Andy CB with mic clip screwed into radio side, 2 foot Firestik tunable and heavy spring, and a Ranger SRA198 mic. Pretty happy how it turned out and works. Still fits in garage, tested with drivers coming into the yard at work. 2 miles functional and 1 mile like we're beside each other. Perfect for my purposes.

Jeep Gladiator Anybody mounted a CB? 1610599212122
What is the length of your antenna? Does it work well with the spring?

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2003 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Used the Quadratec antenna mount and full size CB mount referenced above. President Andy CB with mic clip screwed into radio side, 2 foot Firestik tunable and heavy spring, and a Ranger SRA198 mic. Pretty happy how it turned out and works. Still fits in garage, tested with drivers coming into the yard at work. 2 miles functional and 1 mile like we're beside each other. Perfect for my purposes.

Sorry, it is early in the morning and I did not carefully read your post. I see you are using a 2 ft Firestik. Is the quadratic mount the one which is a dual mount?

galloperkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jl rubicon
@CarolinaGladiator

Here is my setup, midland handheld that has a mounted setup also. I then got A pillar mounts, mounted a Wilson antenna, because I wanted to run the ground myself and Wilson already has a ground wire, ran the antenna cable through the firewall on the passenger side, added a cb mount to the OH Crap bar and there it is. As noted, you get better range with a mounted antenna. I also added some lights :). Hope this helps

I did not want a full size cb, so this works exceptionally all well for me. Take pictures and have fun!

Hello
I really like how you set it up.
What's the round ring?
Where did you buy it?
What word should I search for?
Thank you.

alan 52__.jpg

Sponsored

slim chance

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi JTA, 23 Ram Laramie 1500, 21 Nacho JTF
Occupation
retired
here is how i did it .. 3' firestick .. very little flex ... use the 3m velcro for rough surfaces outdoor to moun CB .. does not touch my leg while driving and speaker is facing me

20210801_081721_resized_1.jpg

20210801_081737_resized_2.jpg

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'

Sponsored

galgo

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Businessman
Hello everybody, I am new in USA and I am reading about radio and I can’t understand which radio need use in trail and off-road.
In my country we use vhf radio and usually use 146,000 MHz. I have my license but I think I will need apply for FCC license but first I want to know which radio I need and if I need fcc license
Can someone clarify it?
Thanks and sorry for my English

Dakotaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Look up GMRS Radio on the internet. All the Jeep sponsored events I believe are using that instead of CB. The group I trail with use GMRS as well. You do need a license for the GMRS radio currently $70, but was supposed to drop to $35 last year, but the government is taking their time doing it. No test for the license and the fee covers all of your family members for ten years.

galgo

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Businessman
Look up GMRS Radio on the internet. All the Jeep sponsored events I believe are using that instead of CB. The group I trail with use GMRS as well. You do need a license for the GMRS radio currently $70, but was supposed to drop to $35 last year, but the government is taking their time doing it. No test for the license and the fee covers all of your family members for ten years.
thanks
how can i get my license in miami?

galgo

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Businessman
Great, i did it
now i need wait the prosses finish and i think i will receive email with final status, right?
Sponsored