Sponsored

Anybody use a Tazer lite for JT ?

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
I have the Tazer Mini on my JT with the front trail cam and I love it except I think I boo booed. I was going through the settings and I came across the Camera EN under the Radio menu. It was set to OFF. I thought to myself, I should set that to ON and did. The next setting was Cargo Cam OFF and I set that also to ON.
BIG OOOOPS! I didn’t do a proper full reboot followed by 2 complete sleep cycles because I didn’t read the instructions. When I wanted to access the cameras I got a blue screen and a message Camera System Unavailable or something. UGH. Texted support and had to change Camera EN to NO, Cargo Cam OFF, Full Reboot, 2 full sleep cycles, Unmarry, Marry, but now I have TWO magnifying glass icons on the Rear Camera screen, one of which is right over the Truck Icon and backup cam but does nothing but block the Truck icon partially and the second one is right below the truck icon which is the OEM location and it DOES still function to shown the hitch. Sooooooooo, looks like I’ll be doing a battery disconnect to go back to FULL Factory OEM settings to see if that fixes the double magnifying icons getting rid of the nonfunctional double in the upper left corner.

Will edit with results later today
Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Ok, maybe I am missing something. Help me out here. Got my Mini today, and the SGW is proving extremely difficult to unplug so I can plug in the Tazer. I mean, I am pressing the little tab on the back and pulling straight down (gently) on the wires and they are NOT budging. Anyone have this happen? Any tips? I don't want to damage something in there. Frustrated!!
I have large hands so i pressed on the tabs with a screwdriver and pulled gently on the wires, took some time but got it done.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
I was thinking...... (This is when the wife says “Uh Oh”).
It would be awesome if ZAutomotive offered a pair of 6” extensions so that if and whenever you need to remove the Tazer Mini and restore to factory for warranty then it would make the task really easy after initial install. Those plugs are a sonofabitch to remove. Anybody plug ‘em back in yet? How fun is that? And then you get to unplug ‘em AGAIN to reinstall when you get it back from service. Oh Joy!
ZAutomotive are you listening? (If you are, you can ship a set to me for giving you the idea? PM me. LOL)

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
It would be awesome if ZAutomotive offered a pair of 6” extensions so that if and whenever you need to remove the Tazer Mini and restore to factory for warranty then it would make the task really easy after initial install. Those plugs are a sonofabitch to remove. Anybody plug ‘em back in yet? How fun is that? And then you get to unplug ‘em AGAIN to reinstall when you get it back from service. Oh Joy!
ZAutomotive are you listening? (If you are, you can ship a set to me for giving you the idea? PM me. LOL)
That`s a good idea.

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1998 Wrangler
I have large hands so i pressed on the tabs with a screwdriver and pulled gently on the wires, took some time but got it done.
Same and same. The screwdriver did the trick!

Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Can I use the tazer to enable the aux switch bank if I add it. Or do I still need to get the dealer to flash the system?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Everytime I plug in and unplug my Tazer I cut the hell out of my knuckles. You'd think there would be an easier way.

RockHopper

First Name
Silverrubicon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I’m using the tazer mini on my jt.
How hard was it to install? I’m having a hell of a time trying to disconnect wires behind the dash to get it plugged in.

TxGladiator

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
How hard was it to install? I’m having a hell of a time trying to disconnect wires behind the dash to get it plugged in.
It was kind of a pain for sure.Took me about 40 minutes to get it unplugged.
Was afraid of stripping the wires out of the plug while disconnecting.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I feel lucky. My plugs came right out. I had it setup in just a few minutes. No auto start stop is awesome.

Sponsored

KPowell

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Maintenance Technician
Just a question. I looked at what the tazer can do but i didnt see a LED foglight option. Am i missing something? How do i set it up for led foglights using the tazer? My JTR came with halogens and i want to upgrade. Any help is appreciated.

GDOLBOI

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, Built 2006 Jeep TJ
Just a question. I looked at what the tazer can do but i didnt see a LED foglight option. Am i missing something? How do i set it up for led foglights using the tazer? My JTR came with halogens and i want to upgrade. Any help is appreciated.
I put led bulbs in my sport and I haven’t had any issues at all.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
So interesting I had just recently got the cheaper option, the lite, and I hadn’t drove at night. Then we started harvest, saw the backup camera glare issue, was gonna get the upgrade but I installed the tazer first and low and behold the license plate blanking works on my lite, so I don’t have to upgrade!! Just wanted to let everyone know as It says it’s not on the lite version vs mini

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Tazer mini - same install. If you decide on full features, you can pay for the upgrade.