m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
So interesting I had just recently got the cheaper option, the lite, and I hadn’t drove at night. Then we started harvest, saw the backup camera glare issue, was gonna get the upgrade but I installed the tazer first and low and behold the license plate blanking works on my lite, so I don’t have to upgrade!! Just wanted to let everyone know as It says it’s not on the lite version vs mini
I do appreciate this feature - more than I thought I would.
Sponsored

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
So interesting I had just recently got the cheaper option, the lite, and I hadn’t drove at night. Then we started harvest, saw the backup camera glare issue, was gonna get the upgrade but I installed the tazer first and low and behold the license plate blanking works on my lite, so I don’t have to upgrade!! Just wanted to let everyone know as It says it’s not on the lite version vs mini
can anyone else with the Lite version confirm that license plate blackout feature works with Lite? I really only see me using 2 features, that and ESS disable. Everything else is gravy, and if I could save $100.....

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
I was thinking...... (This is when the wife says “Uh Oh”).
It would be awesome if ZAutomotive offered a pair of 6” extensions so that if and whenever you need to remove the Tazer Mini and restore to factory for warranty then it would make the task really easy after initial install. Those plugs are a sonofabitch to remove. Anybody plug ‘em back in yet? How fun is that? And then you get to unplug ‘em AGAIN to reinstall when you get it back from service. Oh Joy!
ZAutomotive are you listening? (If you are, you can ship a set to me for giving you the idea? PM me. LOL)
Everytime I plug in and unplug my Tazer I cut the hell out of my knuckles. You'd think there would be an easier way.
It was kind of a pain for sure.Took me about 40 minutes to get it unplugged.
Was afraid of stripping the wires out of the plug while disconnecting.
Good news. Z Automotive is selling extension cables that make it a lot easier to plug in or remove your Tazer...
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/sgw-extension-cable/

You can order one yourself from China through Alibaba. The minimum order is 100, but if you look half way down the page you will see an option to get a "sample". Probably take a few weeks to get it.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...70.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.22113e5fUxE2CL

Or a third option is a cable made in Poland offered by Alfissimo.com. It's big bucks...$72, but appears to be a much better quality then the China made one.
https://alfissimo.com/home/1935-sgw-bypass-extension-fca-cars-alfa-fiat-jeep-ram-dodge.html

Last edited:

Ozian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUS, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Don’t get the AEV snap i hooked it up correctly & all i get is a slow pulsating amber light , trouble shooting said make sure the ignition in in the run position. So i left a message yesterday haven’t received a call back . Not sure if it’s compatible with the Gladiator but they say it is.
Hey mate, did you manage to get this resolved?? I’ve got the same problem with mine. Extremely frustrated!!!

Thanks,
Ian

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I have somehow mapped my RES button to winch mode hot button. Damn thing revs to 2,000 rpms and scares the crap out of me every time I accidentally hit it.
Do you - -or anyone else know - if it is possible to program with the Tazer Mini one of the 4 aux switches to the winch mode rpm increase?
Thanks,

Sponsored

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Do you - -or anyone else know - if it is possible to program with the Tazer Mini one of the 4 aux switches to the winch mode rpm increase?
Thanks,
I don't think it's possible, but if you ever do find someone who can figures this out, let me know.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well, I think I agree with you in retrospect.
I think I will offer this to the dealer.

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I just installed the Lite and did the tires and lowered the TPMS. I’m confused if I just leave it plugged in and throw it back up there or unplug it and plug the two clips back into the security module?

I don’t need any live features enabled but don’t look forward to having to plug this thing back in if I have to go to the dealer.

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks for the links! I don’t really mind the ESS. I’ll get that connector!

So if you don’t leave the tazer plugged in, you plug back in the two ports to the security module, right?

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks for the quick response. I may just leave the lite installed until I get the cable.

Sponsored

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
I used the Tazer Lite for a bit and then upgraded it to the full Tazer package. I have not read this whole thread but the Tazer Lite can be upgraded to the full Tazer for $100 (I think) and then you update the license by accessing it with your computer. Its the same device, the Lite is just locked down until you buy the full license and enter it in the interface. They are the same device, you are just paying for all features to be unlocked when buying the more expensive version. The unlock process is literally just buying the upgraded license and entering the license code into the Lite's PC interface.

I also leave mine plugged in all the time and will remove it before sending it to the dealer.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Gonna order one. But I looked. A lot of the features on the mini only work with the 8.4" radio screen. Like off road pages.
So I'd think the lite would be the better option? I really wanted off road page on my screen. Most of the things the mini does I don't really need.
Changing tire size I really do.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl-lite/

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Thank you. I have been reading like crazy. Seems like a mixed bag on what dealers will tolerate.
I really did want the offroad pages, but putting a giant screen in for a rather hefty sum is something I will avoid when other mods are much more pressing. It would be great to get an official statement from our friends at jeep cares. I may try and just update my tires sizes at the shop. We just updated our scanners. At the moment, adjusting tire size is the priority.

@DocMike

DO, read over the features that are offered with the Mini versus the features of the Lite. You have to decide by what you read, what you want.

Do know that down the road, should you wish you had gotten the Mini, that for $125, you can buy an unlock key that turns your Lite into a Mini..

Suggest you buy directly from Joe at ZAutomotive.com. DO, spend the additional $20 and get the 2 yr. warranty versus just having the 90 day warranty... AND, a big DO, is to buy the SWG Extension Cable.... the cable is well, well, well, worth The $29.00.

As a future Tazer JL owner I DO, say this is a MUST READ:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tazer-mini-needs-to-stay-married.61293/post-1310209

By the way... I am very pro Tazer JLK, but if I were you, and just wanted to change tire size and no more, I would go with JSCAN. For a $100+- you can do the deed you seek to do and more...

gladnewb

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Still figuring that out, but IT for now!
I purchased the Mini a week back and I think I should have read a bit more before dropping the cash for it. I did have to reach out to support a few times. They replied quickly, but at times the replies seemed a bit canned. In a previous life I was a technical facilitator and trainer. Their docs are OK< but lack specific organization and clarity. I also came across the blue screen of death with both cameras and seeing in the forum it can be a cause from a few different reasons. I used our good ole forums to come up with a resolve that wasn't mentioned in the instructions. Over all I don't think I could in good faith recommend this for $330. If you have cash to burn sure go knock yourself out, but it comes with some baggage.

UPDATE - I have all the options configured where I want them. Long term test it's a great little option if you are a stickler for how you want your JT set up. I am, but I still stick with feel it's overpriced. A product like this somewhere around the $200 mark is fair. Again I like how I finally have everything set up, but it's to expensive.

Last edited:

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I have the Lite ver and it has done what I needed, also includes features I’ll never use.
Tire size, winch speed, and ESS is all I wanted it for, and it does that.

I do agree that the instructions really need to re-written so they are not a scattering of pieces with poor flow. My opinion of course, however I have read and written manuals.
Sponsored