Sponsored

Anyone attend Jeep Adventure Academy before?

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
tried to sign up but got on waitlist instead. Sweet if it opens, oh well I guess if not.

colindo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Overland
I’m curious, too. They’re doing one next month here in Texas.
I'm signed up for Thursday in Llano, TX. I'll admit I am a novice and will take any and all advice I can ahold of or that comes my way.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I won’t be signing up, after all. The scheduling just doesn’t line up for me. The North Texas Jeep Club does occasional offroading 101 classes. I may try to find one of those.

More likely than not, though, I’m going to get myself out there and learn through experience.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I'm signed up for Thursday in Llano, TX. I'll admit I am a novice and will take any and all advice I can ahold of or that comes my way.
My advice is to be fluent in the operational controls, so that you can focus on what they are teaching beyond that.

But if your spotter says "hard passenger, rear locker" you should be able to engage your rear locker without breaking eye contact with your spotter.

It is an entry level course, I signed my wife up with the expectation that she will learn far more without me, than she would with me. It looks like a good time and I wish I could attend, but I want this to be a positive, confidence building event for her.

I know that makes it sound like I'm an overbearing asshole (and some would argue that is true) but reality is my experience level is much higher than hers and I don't want her to feel pressure. Despite my experience level I have every expectation that I would learn something and have fun.

Sponsored

colindo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Overland
My advice is to be fluent in the operational controls, so that you can focus on what they are teaching beyond that.

But if your spotter says "hard passenger, rear locker" you should be able to engage your rear locker without breaking eye contact with your spotter.

It is an entry level course, I signed my wife up with the expectation that she will learn far more without me, than she would with me. It looks like a good time and I wish I could attend, but I want this to be a positive, confidence building event for her.

I know that makes it sound like I'm an overbearing asshole (and some would argue that is true) but reality is my experience level is much higher than hers and I don't want her to feel pressure. Despite my experience level I have every expectation that I would learn something and have fun.
Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping for the same type of fun, confidence building experience.

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
There is one about 4 hours from me in Springfield, MO. I'm actually going to a Jeeping 101 event my club Midwest Jeepthing is putting on this Sunday. I'm wanting to know if there is differences, etc. Is it worth the $199.00, and the 4 hour road trip down/back? Sure, might be a nice road-trip, but for my local group @$25.00, it is a lot closer/cheaper.

Anyone have experience with the class?

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed

did the same. it's smart, not overbearing.

brog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I am waitlisted for the one in N.C. for Friday and Saturday. Really hoping I can get a spot. I thought I read that some of the events are a little more than beginner's, like Moab and Rubicon events. But I may have just made it up in my head because I can't find where I saw that now. Here's to hoping all of us on the waitlist get a spot.

Sponsored

Tom Fry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Real estate Brokerage
I’m curious, too. They’re doing one next month here in Texas.
It says only wrangler/Gladiator Rubicon’s are eligible. Does that mean my Willys Gladiator is not eligible?

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSSD Granite Crystal Metallic (Korg)
Occupation
Engineer
It says only wrangler/Gladiator Rubicon’s are eligible. Does that mean my Willys Gladiator is not eligible?
DOES MY JEEP® 4×4 NEED SPECIAL EQUIPMENT?
No! Your Trail Rated factory Jeep® 4×4 is ready to go! NOTE: Jeep® Renegade, Compass, Cherokee and Grand Cherokee must be Trailhawk models.

The Rubicon Trail events are suitable only for Rubicon model Wranglers and Rubicon model Gladiators; Renegade, Compass, Cherokee and/or Grand Cherokee vehicles will not be permitted on the Rubicon Trail.

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
I’m excited for our academy session this Saturday near Phoenix! Pretty cool that we’ll get a badge of honor for participating as well! That’s a fun little exclusive.

Last edited:

NBTX

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Sahara JK, 2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
My wife and I will be at the Thursday event as well with our stock JTR. Looking forward to a fun day in the hill country. See you there.
Sponsored