Sponsored

Anyone developing an aftermarket soft top?

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
a couple follow up pics to yesterday’s post

90F0418E-E01B-4E4E-924A-5E39094140DD.jpeg

12242BD4-4514-4766-A27E-66D1903106D0.jpeg
Nice find! Though quite honestly I want it to fold down BEHIND the rear seat, not the front. Instead of a mullet now I'm getting rolled bangs lol. I wonder how quick/easy you can take all of this off and if those side rails will fit in the bed. If they do I'm probably sold. Wonder if we could invite them to the forum...
Sponsored

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Nice find! Though quite honestly I want it to fold down BEHIND the rear seat, not the front. Instead of a mullet now I'm getting rolled bangs lol. I wonder how quick/easy you can take all of this off and if those side rails will fit in the bed. If they do I'm probably sold. Wonder if we could invite them to the forum...
I just sent them an email and put a word in for the forum members. There are 100s of people wanting this product on this forum (just imagine how many worldwide).

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
The straps on the back between the windows makes me think it can roll to the back also.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The straps on the back between the windows makes me think it can roll to the back also.
I watched the install vid for the JLU one, it is bolted down up front, same with JK. I imagine the JT isn't too far off the beaten path from this.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just sent them an email and put a word in for the forum members. There are 100s of people wanting this product on this forum (just imagine how many worldwide).
You should also ask them if there's a way they can get it to go BEHIND the rear seat and not up front lol.

enrico_pallazzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler & 21 Mojave
Occupation
Opera singer, occasional umpire
You should also ask them if there's a way they can get it to go BEHIND the rear seat and not up front lol.
This seems like a pretty big deal - having it roll forward to the windshield seems a bit odd. Rolling it back to be behind the rear passengers seems pretty logical.

Firestarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
Personally I just want plastic trim to go around the top over the doors with buttons to snap a soft top over the whole thing and be water resistant. Plus a snap in rear window.

doesn’t need to be so complicated and it’s insane no one is making something.

depending on the price maybe the suntop brand might be a good choice. But we’ll have to see when it’s out.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally I just want plastic trim to go around the top over the doors with buttons to snap a soft top over the whole thing and be water resistant. Plus a snap in rear window.

depending on the price maybe the suntop brand might be a good choice. But we’ll have to see when it’s out.
This is essentially what I'm hoping for but it doesn't seem anyone wants to do so. Getting a company that gives us 1 that rolls behind the passenger seat seems to be a real chore too. The newest one that looks almost promising is giving us bangs rather than a man bun and I'm not sure it can be taken fully down in the back either, ugh.

Firestarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
This is essentially what I'm hoping for but it doesn't seem anyone wants to do so. Getting a company that gives us 1 that rolls behind the passenger seat seems to be a real chore too. The newest one that looks almost promising is giving us bangs rather than a man bun and I'm not sure it can be taken fully down in the back either, ugh.
Bestop has something similar to what I want. But I need the soft top door surrounds which is like $700 for everything.

I just need wind protection for the freeway and light rain protection.

Sponsored

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job

Agreed. I’m considering buying some surrounds and going to a convertible top shop to see if they can make a simple version similar to that. Doesn’t even need anything more than the cage and sound at for bows. Something that can be rolled up and stowed in the bed would be fine.

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
This seems like a pretty big deal - having it roll forward to the windshield seems a bit odd. Rolling it back to be behind the rear passengers seems pretty logical.
"A bit odd"??? Come on this thing is hideous! Waiting on a Bestop style where the top hinge can also release all the way down to the truck bed...otherwise it's a hard top or naked for me!

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bestop has something similar to what I want. But I need the soft top door surrounds which is like $700 for everything.

I just need wind protection for the freeway and light rain protection.
What do they have that's similar? I've looked and can't find anything decent from them. And last I looked someone was selling their soft top surrounds in the member sale area.

Firestarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
I wonder if we could get a rear curtain to work with that? If it had a base (similar to what I assume the soft top has) that attaches to the cab wall behind the seats I think it would work perfectly in combination with this safari to close in the cab. I bet a convertible shop could make something like that fairly cheaply. :idea:
Sponsored