Anyone else’s steering do this?

Proteus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
I have the same issue. Had the tsb that fixed the wander, not this or the pulling the the left.
The Mopar lift makes it ride way better, imo.
Sponsored

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
When I hit any bumps, especially when the wheels hit one unevenly, I get a wiggle on my wheel. It’s almost like the highway is controlling the steering for a second. I don’t remember if this happened before my lift. (Mopar 2” with 37s professionally installed). Had shop check it out and said it felt fine. Never happened this aggressively on my lifted TJ or any of my other cars/trucks. Anyone else have this?

Would something help like Synergy track bar brace or steering stabilizer?

Yes-- steering stabilzer will make a huge diff, I rec a through-shaft version though, like Fox...

OP
OP
PaulRubi

PaulRubi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Songwriter/Producer
UPDATE: Just had Synergy track bar brace and adjustable track bar installed. Shop found a few bolts loose from when my steering TSB was done. Overall on the short drive home the steering feels worlds tighter and no more shaking. Not sure exactly which part fixed it, of if it was eveything combined.

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employeed
UPDATE: Just had Synergy track bar brace and adjustable track bar installed. Shop found a few bolts loose from when my steering TSB was done. Overall on the short drive home the steering feels worlds tighter and no more shaking. Not sure exactly which part fixed it, of if it was eveything combined.
Glad you got it resolved. I would guess it was the loose bolts.

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The first thing would be to check torque on the track bar, and also the steering box bolts. The bolts came loose on my aluminum box at about 5,000 miles. If those are both ok, I think if you added a good adjustable track bar and centered the axle, things would be better.
When you speak of the steering box bolts are you referring to the four on the top of the steering box?

Sponsored

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Did the shop specify what bolts they found loose? I recently had the steering TSB and have started to get a little wobble a few hundred miles after. I’ve been going through and re-torquing everything but haven’t nailed down the culprit yet.

OP
OP
PaulRubi

PaulRubi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Songwriter/Producer
Did the shop specify what bolts they found loose? I recently had the steering TSB and have started to get a little wobble a few hundred miles after. I’ve been going through and re-torquing everything but haven’t nailed down the culprit yet.
Sorry I honestly dont even know which ones. I'm going back to that shop tomorrow for something else I'll see if they remember

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
When you speak of the steering box bolts are you referring to the four on the top of the steering box?
Should be these four
Jeep Gladiator Anyone else’s steering do this? 1619528156845

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I've been fighting with the same thing, but I'm pretty close to eliminating it. 3-3.5" lift, Clayton control arms and track bars, Synergy steering brace, TSB done, new inner drag link end (was found to be bad), and Falcon 2.2 steering stabilizer. I had it aligned twice, and still has the shimmy/wandering. Yesterday I lengthened my front lower control arms, putting castor around 6 degrees (from 4.3-.5), and it made a big difference.

Sponsored

NH Hick

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow, 2017 JKU, 1938 Ford
I picked up my gladiator a couple of weeks ago and have not had the death wobble yet fortunately. Only 400 miles so far though. I do have the bad wondering issue that makes it look like I'm drunk or distracted. Difficult to keep between the lines and constant corrections. Down right dangerous in the wind. Dealer can't get it in to look at it for a couple of weeks.

I dropped the tire pressure to 32 from 37 and that has helped a bit. Going to pull it into the garage to see if anything is loose. I ordered the fox stabilizer, but it is on backorder like everything else.

Hopefully the dealer can fix it and the upgraded stabilizer will help if not. Otherwise I'll get the Synergy bracket. I don't have a lot of confidence it will be fixed from reading other posts. Seems once you have it, you can't get rid of it in stock form anyway.

Sounds like the Mopar 2" lift cures it too, but I have the max tow and don't want to lose that with new springs. Wish it rode like my JKU... or even my TJ.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

Deleted member 30519

What lift and track bar do you have? It looks like you have some play somewhere in a suspension or steering component. It shouldn’t be that bad even without a track bar/steering gear brace.
Agreed

Find a good shop that you can trust. I've had few issues that were solved once they checked and re torqued everything.

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I’m about to buy a new 2021 Gladiator Mojave or Rubicon. Do they normally come with the TSB applied and do you all still recommend a steering stabilizer on the 2021s (even after TSB). Will probably stick with the 33s for now. Thanks

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Should be these four
Jeep Gladiator Anyone else’s steering do this? 1619528156845
Got these bolts torqued down. It made a ginormous difference. Now I’m down to just a tiny bit of wobble between 47-52 mph. No where near the death wobble as before. Thanks for such a descriptive picture!
Sponsored