Sponsored

Anyone else missing their Gladiator?

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Deleted member 30519

My JT's been in the shop for almost a month now waiting for parts. I don't even think I remember what it was like to drive it at this point. Is this part back up really pandemic related or am I just getting the run around? Supposedly my rear bed panel was held up from my body shop trying to get the adjuster to approve it and now they're waiting for the parts from California.
Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Their.
thankfully not. I only drive mine on weekends so it keeps the relationship fresh.

ShotCaller

First Name
vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
self employed
Are you just waiting for body work to be completed? If so maybe you can take your truck and when the rear bed panel comes in..take it back.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My JT's been in the shop for almost a month now waiting for parts. I don't even think I remember what it was like to drive it at this point. Is this part back up really pandemic related or am I just getting the run around? Supposedly my rear bed panel was held up from my body shop trying to get the adjuster to approve it and now they're waiting for the parts from California.
Everyone is waiting for parts - in that I mean it's real, it's a big deal and it's not just Jeep.
Some of us have been waiting for wiring harnesses for other a month, others have been waiting for steering gear, and still others for entire vehicles because of parts shortages.
I'm in constant contact with people in various industries, plating, manufacturing, and more - and it's a big deal.
When we ordered our new GC we were told up front not to expect delivery for about 3 months - some dealers tell me that they have trouble getting entire vehicles, not just parts.
And if something comes from China, there can be delays there, as well.
Where things are available, I've seen prices shoot up, too. My wife has seen the price of her threads and batting and shipping go up quite a bit.
Our grocery stores don't even carry some of the items they did before last March - "can't get them" is a frequent answer.

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Funny timing regarding this post.... My JT went in for the steering fix (parts were there), and after a day, they finally called me to report that there was an issue with the machining on one of the parts. They gave me a brand new, 22 miles and nicely optioned, Grand Cherokee as a loaner. We've had the GC for over a week and I called them on Saturday to find out where my parts are/status. They told me Tuesday, they would be in and work would be done. Back story, my parents had an issue in Iowa, years ago, about a dealer taking their vehicles home in the evening when they were in being 'serviced'. Paranoid as hell, I drove over to the dealer yesterday to ensure my JT is, in fact, sitting in their lot and not in someone else's hands! I even checked my Guardian app to ensure the mileage was still accurate. Whew! Everything is on the 'up and up', but it's only been 10 days for me and I am losing my shit!

Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
It's not just Jeeps. A buddy is a service writer for our Ford dealer and they are having problems getting parts. I've been waiting 2.5 months and counting for a distributor cap for my nephew's old L6 Mercruiser.

I have a feeling it may get better in November...or maybe worse! :)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Funny timing regarding this post.... My JT went in for the steering fix (parts were there), and after a day, they finally called me to report that there was an issue with the machining on one of the parts. They gave me a brand new, 22 miles and nicely optioned, Grand Cherokee as a loaner. We've had the GC for over a week and I called them on Saturday to find out where my parts are/status. They told me Tuesday, they would be in and work would be done. Back story, my parents had an issue in Iowa, years ago, about a dealer taking their vehicles home in the evening when they were in being 'serviced'. Paranoid as hell, I drove over to the dealer yesterday to ensure my JT is, in fact, sitting in their lot and not in someone else's hands! I even checked my Guardian app to ensure the mileage was still accurate. Whew! Everything is on the 'up and up', but it's only been 10 days for me and I am losing my shit!
LOL - That's funny as when mine was at the dealership waiting for the bolts to come in that kept getting delayed, I used the UConnect app on my phone to locate my truck - yup, it was still in their shop.

Then years ago when we had some issues with a Cherokee Sport (in the 90s) and I took it in for the 3rd time with the mystery issue - I told them to have their guy drive the thing shopping, home for lunch, us it as his vehicle for a few days in order to catch the thing in the act - and they refused!
But they DID figure it out with that visit. A sensor issue that never set a solid code, it was a transient code sort of thing and they caught it in the act finally.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Nick,
We sincerely regret to hear about your experience. We would be happy to look into this to see if their is anything we can do on our end to assist. Please feel free to send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

Capt.Grumps1075

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
Yep sure do. Mine sits in the parking lot at work for 20 days at a time while I'm out working. But come Tuesday we will be in the wind again and all smiles. And getting home too the wife and kids will be nice too. Lmao

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I'm missing mine, and it's only been ten days. I'm waiting for a driveshaft and a steering box. The RAM 1500 I'm driving is nice, but it's not a Gladiator.

Sponsored

Gumidaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet Silver Gladiator
Yes, as I wait for a new steering column lock module which prevented me from even starting the Jeep and locked the steering wheel in place. :(

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Brought mine in to have sliders installed. Dealer damaged the body bolts and 12 days later still no Gladiator. Whats a shame is that the new sliders came with all new hardware so all that needs to happen is bolt extraction/body work and use new hardware (no parts needed as far as I know). Dealer is slow and unresponsive and even is stringing along Jeep cares with promises of follow up that never happens. And my loaner is crappy as well :) I miss my Gladiator!!!!!
Sponsored