Sponsored

Anyone else struggling working with JCR?

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Just wondering if I’m alone in this, but I ordered some sliders back in May from JCR. Finally went all out and decided to order the crusader sliders. At the time they had nothing posted on their site about lead times, so I was a little surprised it took them over two months to ship the sliders. Especially since I had asked a couple times and they kept reassuring me they would ship soon. Once they arrived, the hardware and install instructions they sent me were for a JLU. The JT sliders are longer and have more mounting points so I was short hardware and mounting brackets. The lights they sent me aren’t the ones in the pictures or the installation instructions [they’ve apparently upgraded the lights]. Well sadly, one of the sliders got damaged during shipping and it was beyond a simple repair, so I had to send it back. They’ve now had the slider for almost six weeks and told me it “should be built towards the end of this coming week.”
They’re impossible to get a hold of via phone, unless you just let it ring for 10-15 minutes. I’m just really kind of over these sliders as they’ve lost all appeal and I don’t know that I want “JCR” plastered on the side of my jeep for years to come.
Their lead time still says 4-6 weeks, which means that had I ordered them brand new when they received mine back, they should be shipping about now. Am I crazy for thinking they should prioritize someone who has already waited several months and fix the damn slider quickly?
Sponsored

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
I will say I had them on my JKU and they were nice, crazy beefy, you couldn't damage them,

but they are hand made, so I did have to wait to get them, you time is a little excessive, and I always went through email, never tried to call, but when I got them I was happy, my 2 shiny pennies worth,

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I have not heard good thing about them. A friend ordered their rear bumper for his JKU and it took forever to ship. As I recall he had difficulty reaching them and getting a straight answer as well.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I’ve ordered from them several times, and although one time they sent the incorrect hardware, I had the correct parts a week later. The quality is there. But yours isn’t the only unfortunate story I’ve heard. I couldn’t tell you where the issue lies, but I imagine they turn enough of a profit to hire a QC person or two.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I wrote something out much longer here having been in this industry previously but the reality is they're in all likelihood a small batch shop that is welder-run with a few helpers at most. Go to the Toyota side of things and this is completely normal dealing with small fab shops vs the mass-produced Jeep parts market. Mistakes will inevitably happen when you have a small company of just a few people who wear a bunch of hats.

What matters is if they fix the mistakes and IMO, it's reasonable to take a day or two to respond. This isn't Amazon here, speaking generally these shops are a few people doing what they love to make a living and build quality shit.

They probably aren't answering the phone because it's a 3-man shop and everyone is working on getting product out the door. It's easy to say "then hire someone" but it's not always justifiable from a business standpoint when that person adds no value to the final product. Status updates don't get product out the door any faster and if a shop with that kind of lead time is going to hire anyone, it's going to be another welder.

Sponsored

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I just ordered a bumper from them. They told me six weeks even so the website says eight. I did not have a problem getting a human on the phone to answer my questions. Emails were answered in a day or so. Hopefully I will get the bumper undamaged in a timely manner.

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I ordered some inner fenders from them through the shop I use (AZ Offroad and Performance). Rob at AZ Offroad told me their orders were taking 30-60 days. The front inner fenders came in about 9 days from the order date and I am still waiting for the rears. I ordered on August 19th.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve only ordered a winch plate from them so far, but it only took about a week. They are a site sponsor, so you could tag them in the thread and see if they respond. Small custom shops Generally aren’t as efficient with customer service as more “corporate” shops/stores as mentioned above. I’ve also had horrible experiences with large players too though.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Most every company is having issues with their supply chains thanks to the pandemic. Couple that to the fact that most of these companies are small and it's a recipe for waiting.

Be patient if you can - keep trying to reach out to them via phone and email - and keep doing business with the small companies that have survived 2020.

OP
OP
sirphenergan

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
For what it's worth, supporting small businesses is the primary reason I try to go through smaller companies vs. larger ones, but in fairness, I ordered mid-May and was told 15 business days. It's September. I'm not arguing that the quality of the product is exceptional and will probably be worth the wait, but it was 15 business days, then 20, then 30, and now at four months out, I'm still waiting. I guess I just don't like being lied to. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and greatly affects where I order parts from in the future.

Sponsored

Tom in Long Island NY

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Gladiator LE
For what it's worth, supporting small businesses is the primary reason I try to go through smaller companies vs. larger ones, but in fairness, I ordered mid-May and was told 15 business days. It's September. I'm not arguing that the quality of the product is exceptional and will probably be worth the wait, but it was 15 business days, then 20, then 30, and now at four months out, I'm still waiting. I guess I just don't like being lied to. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and greatly affects where I order parts from in the future.
For what its worth... I ordered JCR rock rails. took awhile. to point of me wondering wtf. but they came. great quality. i had them linex'd before putting them on JTRLE. pic. reminds me of small eateries with signs saying good food takes time to prepare..lol patience. although i undrstand your frustrations too. plus covid.. i can only say I'm happy customer

20191004_092100.jpg

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I feel you as someone who ordered a Tacoma bumper last year in April from a small shop that I couldn't pick up until January this year. It's frustrating beyond end and had I not spent time working with these kinds of shops decades ago, I would probably have been more frustrated.

Right now a lot of things have gone sideways because COVID. You have increased demand (ironically) because people want to do their projects and get out to social distance in the dirt. Supply chains are still FUBAR across the board and it's possible they're having to use new partners. They are in Michigan, after all, and if I remember right, they had pretty rigorous lockdowns that probably left many with a long backlog.

I'm not making excuses, only trying to offer perspective that it's not so my lying to you as it is things being massively unstable in an industry that is heavily reliant on its partners. Hopefully they do you right and get it out soon.

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
I had zero issues when calling in got excellent service and my bumper shipped a little late but again covid has everything on back order to include the material they have to get.
install was a breeze

Biscodave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gator bone stock
They are actually great guys. I’m Facebook friends with one of the owners and have met him a few times at events. They got hit really hard by Covid. Had to close down from roughly March through middle of May. So it’s not shocking that products are taking so long.

I will say the owner will certainly speak his mind. They aren’t a bunch of ass kissers. So if you come out swinging expect the same. If you’re cool they will be the same.

cwieland

First Name
Con
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
About being a small shop, when I asked the person I was talking to they said about 35 employees. I have had some issues with them mostly thou they were resolved to my satisfaction. I do like there products.
Sponsored