Sponsored

Anyone install 813 Fabrication compressor mount?

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Anybody install and use the 813 fabrication compressor mount that goes behind the JT rear seat? How long have you had it and how is doing in regards to heat? I have a single ARB that I have against the outside of the firewall, which I really like. I was told I will need to move it, as it will not last very long in that location from heat of the Hemi swap and this was suggested. Not finding much on it in regards to long term use.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Anybody? Ideas?

alextremo

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Anybody? Ideas?
I’ve had the ARB dual installed behind the seat using the 813 bracket since last summer. Matched it with the Innovative JK Products kit and I’m very happy with the setup.

No issues at all with heat but I only use it to air up so I’m usually out of the Jeep with the rear seat folded forward (not sure this is necessary but I do it anyway) and it’s only running for 5-6mins at a time. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I’ve had the ARB dual installed behind the seat using the 813 bracket since last summer. Matched it with the Innovative JK Products kit and I’m very happy with the setup.

No issues at all with heat but I only use it to air up so I’m usually out of the Jeep with the rear seat folded forward (not sure this is necessary but I do it anyway) and it’s only running for 5-6mins at a time. Hope this helps.
Thanks, yes that helps. I too will only be using it to air up my tires, so that is the only time it will be running.

Sponsored

alextremo

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks, yes that helps. I too will only be using it to air up my tires, so that is the only time it will be running.
I don’t think you’ll have any problems then. I recommend reaching out to Tony at Innovative JK Products. He put together a custom package for me without their bracket and with air lines cut specifically for the rear seat installation. Was great to work with.

lvgladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Anybody install and use the 813 fabrication compressor mount that goes behind the JT rear seat? How long have you had it and how is doing in regards to heat? I have a single ARB that I have against the outside of the firewall, which I really like. I was told I will need to move it, as it will not last very long in that location from heat of the Hemi swap and this was suggested. Not finding much on it in regards to long term use.
I have the single ARB behind the seat. I just cut a pine board the shape of the plastic mat and screwed the compressor to that. The whole assembly just drops into the opening. I've used it since last fall with no issues. The air chuck is mounted to the compressor so I need to fold the seat forward to use it. The compressor gets hot but there is plenty of air circulation so nothing around it gets hot.
The advantage is that I can unplug the wiring from the Jeep and remove the whole unit and attach another harness with alligator clips so I can run it off a battery on another vehicle if needed.

arb 1 (1).jpg

JWest

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, JLUR Bikini Pearl, JLUR Granite Crystal, JKU Golden Eagle
I also installed the 813 bracket behind the seat. Easy install. Ran the wiring under the carpet. Power through my Aux 4 switch. Ran air lines to each side of the rear seats. Works perfectly. I do leave the seat down when using the compressor. It only takes a few minutes to air up and I am on the road again. So no heat from the engine compartment. And no space taken up in the bed. Definitely recommend this set up.

6BFA484A-BC4E-4CAE-ABF2-C271BB0A67A4.jpeg

B7C904FD-1A48-4830-BC82-36B4C130CDBF.jpeg

34798A06-2BD4-4608-A4FA-014A59B28296.jpeg

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Thanks for the responses. Guess that is my next move now. Still trying to decide on where to place the air chuck at so it is easy to get to. Seeing as most lower the seat back may just put it on the compressor.

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Thanks for the responses. Guess that is my next move now. Still trying to decide on where to place the air chuck at so it is easy to get to. Seeing as most lower the seat back may just put it on the compressor.

Sorry, just now seeing some comments as we were not on here for a bit. Please let me know if you have any questions about the compressor mounts.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
I also installed the 813 bracket behind the seat. Easy install. Ran the wiring under the carpet. Power through my Aux 4 switch. Ran air lines to each side of the rear seats. Works perfectly. I do leave the seat down when using the compressor. It only takes a few minutes to air up and I am on the road again. So no heat from the engine compartment. And no space taken up in the bed. Definitely recommend this set up.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone install 813 Fabrication compressor mount? 34798A06-2BD4-4608-A4FA-014A59B28296

Jeep Gladiator Anyone install 813 Fabrication compressor mount? 34798A06-2BD4-4608-A4FA-014A59B28296

So you didn't have to connect it to the battery also? I've been reading people having to connect to both the battery and and aux switch.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I have all that getting wired up right now, so I cannot comment on long term use.
I can attest I like @eight13design from a quality stand point and an over all customer support stand point. I have some of his Molle panels too and will continue to buy from him.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
i have used the 813 Fab bracket for my ARB twin compressor. As others have said, it was a pretty easy/simple install and works great. Also, as others have said, I fold down my rear seat when airing up my 37's just to avoid any heat issues.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone install 813 Fabrication compressor mount? Compressor_1

As far as the output line goes, I actually ran an ARB braided steel hose to an ARB coupling kit.

Hose:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073RS3FTL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Coupling Kit:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073V82GB3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mounted the coupling kit bracket to the underseat storage divider and ran my hose through it. I don't really have passengers that ride in the back, so I wasn't worried that the coupling would get in the way. It actually hasn't posed any problem when entering and exiting that seat.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone install 813 Fabrication compressor mount? Compressor_2

As far as my actual hose set up, I use the JeepNeeds Hurricane and hose system which allows me to air up/down all four tires at the same time and to the same pressure.

JeepNeeds Hurricane:
https://jeepsneeds.com/products/jeepsneeds-hurricane-free-shipping

Jeep Gladiator Anyone install 813 Fabrication compressor mount? Compressor_3

Jeep Gladiator Anyone install 813 Fabrication compressor mount? Compressor_4

I was really happy with this set up but have now decided to do a rear seat delete. I'll be reconfiguring the hose/coupling mount once the delete is installed but it will be using most of the same hardware.
In the pic below (the delete has not been installed yet but the seats have been removed), you can see that the compressor is still mounted in the same location with the 813 Fab bracket. I have installed a Molle Panel across the back for storage in that unused back wall area but it will still allow heat to be dissipated. Once the rear seat delete gets installed, I will probably run the braided hose under the deck and penetrate it through the side in the door sill area.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone install 813 Fabrication compressor mount? Compressor_5.JPG

As far as the wiring goes, I stripped all of the unnecessary stuff out of the provided ARB harness (I have a Rubicon with lockers and don't need that portion of the ARB harness) and ran it under the carpet to the fascia that runs up the passenger side. I had to add wire to the ARB harness in order to actually reach the battery; I don't remember the exact length but 10 feet should do it. I then used the Aux 3 switch to start/stop the compressor. Here's a good YouTube video that shows how to route your wiring, remove panels, etc.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
i have used the 813 Fab bracket for my ARB twin compressor. As others have said, it was a pretty easy/simple install and works great. Also, as others have said, I fold down my rear seat when airing up my 37's just to avoid any heat issues.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone install 813 Fabrication compressor mount? Compressor_5.JPG

As far as the output line goes, I actually ran an ARB braided steel hose to an ARB coupling kit.

Hose:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073RS3FTL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Coupling Kit:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073V82GB3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mounted the coupling kit bracket to the underseat storage divider and ran my hose through it. I don't really have passengers that ride in the back, so I wasn't worried that the coupling would get in the way. It actually hasn't posed any problem when entering and exiting that seat.

As far as my actual hose set up, I use the JeepNeeds Hurricane and hose system which allows me to air up/down all four tires at the same time and to the same pressure.

JeepNeeds Hurricane:
https://jeepsneeds.com/products/jeepsneeds-hurricane-free-shipping

I was really happy with this set up but have now decided to do a rear seat delete. I'll be reconfiguring the hose/coupling mount once the delete is installed but it will be using most of the same hardware.
In the pic below (the delete has not been installed yet but the seats have been removed), you can see that the compressor is still mounted in the same location with the 813 Fab bracket. I have installed a Molle Panel across the back for storage in that unused back wall area but it will still allow heat to be dissipated. Once the rear seat delete gets installed, I will probably run the braided hose under the deck and penetrate it through the side in the door sill area.

As far as the wiring goes, I stripped all of the unnecessary stuff out of the provided ARB harness (I have a Rubicon with lockers and don't need that portion of the ARB harness) and ran it under the carpet to the fascia that runs up the passenger side. I had to add wire to the ARB harness in order to actually reach the battery; I don't remember the exact length but 10 feet should do it. I then used the Aux 3 switch to start/stop the compressor. Here's a good YouTube video that shows how to route your wiring, remove panels, etc.
Setup looks great!
Sponsored