Sponsored

Anyone install rear air bags to help prevent squatting while towing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I have aftermarket springs in the rear.
Inner diameter of spring is about 4.75 and the coil is 11in tall when loaded.

Airlift advized

60921 is 5 by 11, that's going to be the closest we can go unless we go 4.9-10
Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Hi so I just received my gladiator and had the dealer install the air bags before I picked it up, however they didn’t give me the manual for the airbags, I’m loading it up and I’d like to know the air pressures, I’ve never had airbags before!
Airlift has the installation instructions on their website. You should be able to get what you need there.

Gladius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi so I just received my gladiator and had the dealer install the air bags before I picked it up, however they didn’t give me the manual for the airbags, I’m loading it up and I’d like to know the air pressures, I’ve never had airbags before!
Load up truck, add air to suit. Since they don't know what you are going to put in the truck they can't say what pressure to use. I put in about 20 lbs. when I had bags on a Tacoma with 1000 lbs. on the back. I tow a 4000 lb. trailer with 540 lb. tongue weight and 200 lbs. of gear in the back. Since I got an Equalizer WDH I don't need air bags as Equalizer recommends not using air bags with their hitch.

Boss Hog

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2018 Ram 2500 6.4L, 2014 Toyota 4Runner, 2010 Ram 3500 Mega Cab
Occupation
Trapper
If I remember correctly I think Airlift recommended a Max PSI of 35. I keep mine at 16ish for what I do which mostly consists of 400lb or so in the bed and little 1000lb trailers. Makes the JT ride fairly firm when empty but handles the squat well when loaded.

Econn2000

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Just wondering what air bags people are using. I just drove from West Virginia to San diego in a stock Rubicon. Bed was fully loaded. Had enough weight in the bed to about level the truck but did notice some high beam flashes and on some of the Interstates across Utah had some pretty big dips that made the rear suspension bottom out. Only had maybe 5-600#s in the bed if that. What bags would work with off roading and a lift in the future?
Most of us are getting the "High-Beam Flash" regardless of load, due to the nature of the amazing LED headlights. That's why I'm considering the air bags to offset my "Daily Carry." I also know that most of the lift options out there effectively level out the stance, and I suspect that most drivers don't adjust their headlights accordingly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure
I put a plate in the rear bumper in place of the reflector and added a low pressure air gauge and a Schrader valve to fill and monitor my air bags.
37C71E48-6CBF-4B52-9E20-3AE795336319.jpeg

AdamH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 23 Wagoneer, 83 Scrambler
Bumping this back to the top. I too have the MOPAR lift on my JT Rubicon. I have the 60830 Airlift sitting on a shelf to install.

For those with my set-up what did you end up using?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.