Sponsored

Anyone move from a fullsize pickup to a Gladiator and regret it?

DTJB

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Had a 3500 cummins dually 8’bed I sold and bought a gladiator... there are times I miss my diesel, but I didn’t use it to it’s potential, I loved the gladiator when it first came out and wanted one bad... however I was fully intending on buying a 1/2 ton ram, when I got the deal on my jeep I figured if I didn’t like it I could probably sell it for closer to my purchase price than the ram, jeeps usually hold their value quite a bit more than the ram 1/2 tons... bought it on the idea if I didn’t like it I could sell it and not take a hosing on the money side
Sponsored

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
I still have my Chevy 2500. I get to compare it often to my Gladiator Rubicon. The Gladiator is more pleasurable to drive by far. It is not the right tool for the job. Towing 2000lbs would be about the max I would tow with the Gladiator. Any more than that I would jump in the 2500. I'm not saying you can't tow more with the Gladiator, but if you have a better option, use it.

I tried to assist another pickup get out of a bog. The Gladiator was too light for this particular event, but the 2500 walked it right out.

I would say, it would be better to compare it to a small pickup.

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
Interesting stories by one and all.
You gain insight with experience, needs, desires, and usefulness.
Personally, I have driven light to heavy duty trucks in my life, but now my needs are light duty, my desire is a good looking vehicle, and the Gladiator fits all of the uses that my life requires.
And bonus, it really looks SWEET!
Oh, and it`s lots of fun. :clap:

snide

First Name
Big Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
Traded a new style '19 RAM 1500 crew cab for my Gladiator. Sure, the cab in the Gladiator isn't anywhere near ass large as the RAM, but the roof comes off. My RAM had the 5'7" bed, so I really didn't lose much bed space there anyway. The HEMI in the RAM was nice, sure, and actually got better mileage than my JT, but the roof comes off.

I do use my JT for truck stuff, and the roof comes off. I have no regrets moving from a full-size RAM to the Gladiator.

Did mention the roof comes off?

mep4wd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Consultant, Retired
It always goes back to need. Full size trucks are great in many ways, until they aren't.

Sponsored

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I traded in a 2019 F250 diesel with 5800 miles on it for my 2020 Jeep gladiator rubicon I loved the F250 but I like the gladiator more

B7967E69-F8BB-4FF2-94D0-28179F06712B.jpeg

DE7DF0ED-DF4E-4559-8F39-5AAAE23FC264.jpeg

Midnight Rider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Senior Construction Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Loved my 2011 Tundra SR5, best truck I ever owned. Having said that, I am beyond thrilled with my Gladiator. Smile every time I drive it. The fact that it’s a soft top is icing on the cake.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
One big downside - you can only get one 1973 Javelin fender in the box and close the cover. I tried two but just couldn't do it. That means the front of my car is longer than the box of this truck.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone move from a fullsize pickup to a Gladiator and regret it? 20210614_111855_HDR

Warman

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2011King Ranch F-350 for 2020 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate
King Ranch F350 to JTR. Loved my Ford but aged out of towing the heavy Scout trailer. Lots of capability I no longer needed. A year in and I am still in pure love with my Gladiator.

Sponsored

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
One big downside - you can only get one 1973 Javelin fender in the box and close the cover. I tried two but just couldn't do it. That means the front of my car is longer than the box of this truck.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone move from a fullsize pickup to a Gladiator and regret it? 20210614_111855_HDR
But how many fenders do you need?
Is there a driving issue here?
Or just a massive love, and need for spare parts?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
But how many fenders do you need?
Is there a driving issue here?
Or just a massive love, and need for spare parts?
The car was bought from a guy who said he was a professional body man. Looks nice - but under the skin are problems. I already have a new old stock left fender to replace the one on the car with so much high-build primer that it actually cracked when I leaned on it, had been looking for a rust-free right fender and where but Colorado, AZ and certain other states can you find rust-free or almost rust-free body parts?
I keep looking for and getting parts that are better than the ones on my cars. Besides, after being in this hobby for several decades, I know that one day when I REALLY NEED a fender, there will be none to be had. You can't buy certain parts any more - while those same parts were on eBay every month, cheap. Rust-free body parts? Right.
I have a pair of new old stock (NOS) quarter panels for my SX4, a NOS left fender, a rust free, dent free right fender for it, spare grill, spare hood, etc. and I've never seen any quarter panels for sale since I bought those, not at any price. After a deer hit years ago and spending a whole year trying to find a replacement RUST FREE fender (and not finding one in that time), my wife says I should find the parts while they exist.

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
Got to love a wife like that!

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
My sons 2001 Sierra 2500HD that spent most of its life as a ranch truck finally got to the point of diminishing repair returns. So what's a dad to do but give him my 2012 Ram and get me a Gladiator, only thing I miss is that rumble at start up.

Jas504

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Traded my 2016 GMC Sierra 2 weeks ago for my JT Overland.
So far I am loving my decision.
Sponsored