Sponsored

Anyone remove Mojave, Rubicon or Willys hood decals ?

H2O

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi Mojave w/ Pimp Pkg
Occupation
New Home Builder
I am leaning towards removing the hood decals on my Gobi Mojave. Anyone have any pics of removed decals? Anyone wish they hadn't after they did? Those OEM stickers are $30 each, so my thought is to remove one and compare it to the other side. That way I can see for myself on my own vehicle. If I like it better with the stickers, I'm only out $30. My wife and a few opinions from friends... but no Jeep owners, all say "Don't do it". I think I prefer the clean look.
Sponsored

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I am leaning towards removing the hood decals on my Gobi Mojave. Anyone have any pics of removed decals? Anyone wish they hadn't after they did? Those OEM stickers are $30 each, so my thought is to remove one and compare it to the other side. That way I can see for myself on my own vehicle. If I like it better with the stickers, I'm only out $30. My wife and a few opinions from friends... but no Jeep owners, all say "Don't do it". I think I prefer the clean look.
Yeah my wife is hesitant too. I would like to remove the Rubicon. Keep it clean awhile. Maybe I'll like it enough to keep that way. But I really want some other decal. Just haven't found something I "need to have". So keep it blank a while. Come warm weather I will remove th he Rubicon decals.

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Removed mine and installed Jeeps name, EXTORTION on the hood. Then install MOJAVE on Jeep bed, each side
Jeep Gladiator Anyone remove Mojave, Rubicon or Willys hood decals ? IMG_20200917_200325_021

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
I wouldn’t remove it. You paid $XX,XXX.XX for those stickers! LOL

(Just as I did!)

Sponsored

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
I added mine to a naked sport s. I think it takes away from the plane ness of it.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone remove Mojave, Rubicon or Willys hood decals ? 20201124_143042

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
I removed the rubicon stickers on mine. The colors didn't match well with Gator and it's less busy without them.

XJamesX

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 JT Mojave, ‘20 Jeep JL
I removed my Willy’s stickers, as I love the look of hood stickers but wasn’t in love with the short length of the Willy’s sticker. Plus, I love the black grill of the Willy’s model and all the other features (not just visual ones) it came with, but my dealer gave me the best deal on this model so that’s mainly why I decided on buying it. I added a Gladiator sticker on the hood instead but since either set of stickers costs only $20, I can switch back whenever I want.

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I think it's human nature to want to "customize" your truck...so while Rubi/Mojave owners may want to remove the stickers, Sport/S owners want to add them.

That being said, I agree that the Willys sticker is way too small for the hood...I would remove it and add something else.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
The Mojave sticker on the Gobi looks great in my opinion and the Mojave is unique in the Jeep realm so I like it when people know what model it is.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Looking hard at a Rubicon myself and the hood stickers seem too busy for me. But there's a part of me that feels like it's somehow sacrilege.

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
If you feel like the OEM ones are too big and bold, there's always the possibility of smaller ones and moving them as well.

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I would only remove my Rubi stickers, to put a name on it. I have owned it since July and haven't come up with a name yet.
Sponsored