joeschembri12

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Hello Everyone,

I Usually come to the forum to find answers but I can’t seem to find the answer to my current issue.

Whenever I use Apple Carplay and connect to the USB I tend to get a static or almost like my music is cutting in and out... I thought maybe it was my apple lightning cord that was bad, but I got a brand new one and the issue persists.

It only occurs when i’m driving it seems, or after I have been using it for awhile. I am thinking about bringing it to the dealer under warranty so they can replace the USB and AUX port but if anyone has had a similar issue and would like to share their thoughts, it would save me a trip to the dealer.

Thank You,
Joe
Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Especially with some of the Uconnect wiring, that stuff is sensitive. Many of those wires can be shielded, or have a specific twist, etc. Even a pinch or bend that doesn’t leave much of a visible mark could have crushed the internal insulation, causing interference.

they’ll probably need to replace the head unit and/or the harness.

troubleshooting wise, have you tried using another iPhone to see if it’s just yours? That would rule out an issue with your port, if it does it to multiple iPhones. Also, if you have a non-iPhone device that you can plug in to the usb, that could possibly rule out if it is specific to CarPlay or if it disrupts other devices as well. I would think if it is just CarPlay, it may be the head unit, but if it affects everything, I’d lean towards a harness issue.

OP
OP
joeschembri12

joeschembri12

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Especially with some of the Uconnect wiring, that stuff is sensitive. Many of those wires can be shielded, or have a specific twist, etc. Even a pinch or bend that doesn’t leave much of a visible mark could have crushed the internal insulation, causing interference.

troubleshooting wise, have you tried using another iPhone to see if it’s just yours? That would rule out an issue with your port, if it does it to multiple iPhones. Also, if you have a non-iPhone device that you can plug in to the usb, that could possibly rule out if it is specific to CarPlay or if it disrupts other devices as well. I would think if it is just CarPlay, it may be the head unit, but if it affects everything, I’d lean towards a harness issue.
It has done it with my girlfriends phone at least once or twice so I don’t think it would be a port on my phone. In my ram 1500 it doesn’t skip when hooked up to the CarPlay either. I could always try an Android phone but at this point i’m hoping it’s the ports... Maybe if it’s a head unit they’ll give me the big 8.4in screen lol.

If I brought it in what do you think they would do? Because I hope they would have some way to find out what’s wrong instead of just guessing.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Honestly if they can duplicate it, they’ll probably order a replacement part and have you come back when it comes in and just swap them out. If they can’t duplicate it the first time, I feel like you have a 50-50 shot of them still ordering a couple replacement parts or saying they think they’ve got it fixed after checking some connections.

Important to note though, typically the replacement parts are going to end up being refurbished parts. They should be brought up to as good as new, but it is something to consider. Also at this car being as new as it is, not to mention covid, there may not be any available reefer apart so you might still get a new one.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hello Everyone,

I Usually come to the forum to find answers but I can’t seem to find the answer to my current issue.

Whenever I use Apple Carplay and connect to the USB I tend to get a static or almost like my music is cutting in and out... I thought maybe it was my apple lightning cord that was bad, but I got a brand new one and the issue persists.

It only occurs when i’m driving it seems, or after I have been using it for awhile. I am thinking about bringing it to the dealer under warranty so they can replace the USB and AUX port but if anyone has had a similar issue and would like to share their thoughts, it would save me a trip to the dealer.

Thank You,
Joe
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

BT911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator sport S
Occupation
Firefighter

Hello Everyone,

Thank You,
Joe
i have been having the same issue from day 1 on my 2021 sport S with the 7 inch screen. It happens every trip about 20 min in and lasts for about 10 min then stops. Not to mention the audio quality of car play is atrocious

OP
OP
joeschembri12

joeschembri12

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i have been having the same issue from day 1 on my 2021 sport S with the 7 inch screen. It happens every trip about 20 min in and lasts for about 10 min then stops. Not to mention the audio quality of car play is atrocious

Took it to dealer and they couldn’t do anything for me because

1. It wasn’t happening while it was there

2. They can’t update the radio, uconnect has to

3. Apparently my phone and apple are the issue

Im contemplating just going on infotainment.com and buying the 8 inch screen, they seem to have less problems

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Project Manager
I have been having this issue with my 2021 Jeep Gladiator. Its pretty frustrating. It happens after 10-15 mins of music. Also it happens on all devices plugged in USB. It does not happen on bluetooth, but cannot charge my phone if this is the case. any updates on tis would be helpful.
thanks
Doc

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have been having this issue with my 2021 Jeep Gladiator. Its pretty frustrating. It happens after 10-15 mins of music. Also it happens on all devices plugged in USB. It does not happen on bluetooth, but cannot charge my phone if this is the case. any updates on tis would be helpful.
thanks
Doc
Not a solution to the problem, but there should be two USB ports on the back of the center console that are power only.

Estonion

First Name
Aleks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Project Manager
Hello Everyone,

Thank You,
Joe
Any progress made on this issue? I am experiencing a similar issue and would prefer to avoid a trip to the dealer

Sponsored

Estonion

First Name
Aleks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Project Manager
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
I am experiencing a similar issue with my 2021 gladiator, could a case be opened for my situation? Thanks

OP
OP
joeschembri12

joeschembri12

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am experiencing a similar issue with my 2021 gladiator, could a case be opened for my situation? Thanks
nope still nothing and my radio has only gotten worse… dealer says i have to wait for an update to come out so they can try and solve my issue with a software update instead of giving me a new radio.

Estonion

First Name
Aleks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Project Manager
nope still nothing and my radio has only gotten worse… dealer says i have to wait for an update to come out so they can try and solve my issue with a software update instead of giving me a new radio.
here’s what my radio does
Wow that's much worse than what I am experiencing. Based on what your dealer said, I will probably wait it out a little longer to see if a software update changes anything.

Estonion

First Name
Aleks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Project Manager
Have you had any luck on this issue? I am experiencing the exact same thing
Sponsored