Sponsored

Approaching warranty expiration. What should I double check?

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I'm at 32k miles so I still have a few thousand to go, but what are the sort of things I should be double checking before I run out of warranty? That could either be Jeep-specific issues or failure points or it could just be general car stuff. Thanks in advance.

For reference, I have a Sport S with gas engine, auto transmission and Max Tow package (not that I expect that last point to make much difference but who knows).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll start off with one of my own. Like many others, the hinges on my visors have both broken. One had been replaced, but I still need to do the other one. I've gotten the little reinforcements plates, but I want them to fix it, anyway.

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
I'll start off with one of my own. Like many others, the hinges on my visors have both broken. One had been replaced, but I still need to do the other one. I've gotten the little reinforcements plates, but I want them to fix it, anyway.
You forgot to mention its a Gobi!

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have an Extended Warranty? If you want a Mopar one, it needs to be purchased before the 3/36 expires.
I donā€™t, and Iā€™ve never had one in the past. Hadnā€™t planned on it, but I guess I can look into it.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t, and Iā€™ve never had one in the past. Hadnā€™t planned on it, but I guess I can look into it.
I would at least consider it. These are all computerized, now, and not easy or cheap to repair.

The advantage of the Mopar Extended Warranty is you can take it to any Jeep dealer and don't have to wait for another party to review and approve the repairs.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
If you are considering an ext warranty (Better Call Tom) best ext warranty pricing I was able to find.

[email protected]
Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008
TEL-269.488.2080

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
EVERYTHING
Replaced under warranty I might miss one- driveshaft, brakes, calipers , rotors, steering box, radio, left turn signal housing ,driver door lock switch ,ds inner fender, both batteries ,valve cover gaskets , rear window leaks, going in after labor day for bubbles under paint corner of hood , hessitates when acceleration .
Havent had the axle leak yet
I LOVE THIS TRUCK

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
how much are you guys paying for the extended waranty?

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Reactions: mog

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
my 8/125k 100ded on my new 22 mojave was 2915 through Zach@Granger . it gets more expensive if you have more than 12k miles (an extra $430)

Go to Choose your plan ā€“ Jeep Factory Warranty and look at their pricing. They run $400 over cost. Granger is $50 over cost and Tom/Hayes is $100 over cost.
the prices aren't that bad... but then again, i have never purchased an extended warranty.

I have like 900 miles to decide!

I am also in the same situation as the op, and need to give the jeep a decent inspection to see if there are signs of something going wrong. I had one of the sun visors repaired under warranty a few months ago and I just got some paint bubbling on both sides of the hood and some of the hinges. The first appointment available is in Jan for repair. Thankfully corrosion protection is good for 5 years unlimited miles.

I bought the jeep used in Dec with around 30k miles. Hell, I still haven't had a chance to need to try out the sway bar disconnects to see if they work.

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the prices aren't that bad... but then again, i have never purchased an extended warranty.

I have like 900 miles to decide!

I am also in the same situation as the op, and need to give the jeep a decent inspection to see if there are signs of something going wrong. I had one of the sun visors repaired under warranty a few months ago and I just got some paint bubbling on both sides of the hood and some of the hinges. The first appointment available is in Jan for repair. Thankfully corrosion protection is good for 5 years unlimited miles.

I bought the jeep used in Dec with around 30k miles. Hell, I still haven't had a chance to need to try out the sway bar disconnects to see if they work.
If you don't need the sway bar disconnects, come drive on down to TX and I'll give you $100 them! šŸ™ƒ

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Go to your dealer and ask them to perform a used car inspection. Last time i did it it cost me $125, but they found a few items that were fixed under the original warranty. YMMV
Sponsored