obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine on Feb 28 and still no rebate, coming up on 4 months. Numerous calls and promises that this happens all the time and every indication that it would work out. Initially I didn't include the original UPC from the box because by the time I read the rebate form and requirements, the box had been recycled, but I sent a high res detailed photo of it (including UPC label) which I happened to have taken before getting rid of the box.

Finally got a prompt response from a very kind customer service rep at @Bestop who ended up overriding the (third party rebate company's) rejection and I was advised to check back in a week or so on the status. Tomorrow it will be one month since then. Sent an email to the rep 3 days ago and haven't heard back yet.

As I said before, this stuff can be frustrating but patience and politeness goes a long way; these people are basically on the receiving end of the "complaint department" - nobody's calling them to say hey thanks for doing a great job today.

That said, while I've been over the top patient and kind, my patience is wearing awfully thin and when I paid good money for the top back when the snow was still falling, I had no idea the $100 that I basically loaned would still be on someone else's books in 75 degree sunny summer.

And that said, as far as the product goes, I still love it and highly recommend it.

@Bestop, please, please, is there anything you can do to help move things along?
... sent mine in over a month ago ... still waiting :whatsgoingon:
Sponsored

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
... sent mine in over a month ago ... still waiting :whatsgoingon:
That's actually normal for rebates. I think that's just how they typically work - with a bunch of rebates in the queue, the companies have a lot more cash on the books which they can use to invest, launch a new product, etc.

In this case, the terms and conditions on the Bestop form state "Please allow 4 weeks after mailing prior to check status. Please allow 8-10 weeks to receive your rebate."

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
I'm ready to buy one if they offer a $200 rebate (like they did at the beginning)

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Rebate form sent in: 4/10/2020.

...still waiting.

Good thing this is a really nice product otherwise I would be much more upset and questioning ever doing business with them again.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
At this point, I have given up expecting anything. I Just accept I overpaid for the Sunrider.

No more Bestop business from me. :(
Sponsored