Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Damn I like the Armorlite but $650+ tax & shipping? 🤯
I wish you could just order 'rubber-floormat' floor & no carpeting at all.
Sponsored

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
These seem like a super weird solution to me, crap can still get under them. Just bedline it.

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
From what I understand, bedliner contains some carcinogenic materials and shouldn’t be used inside the cab. Increased risk of lung cancer. I’m not a medical doctor, so you should do your own research and decide for yourself - but it seems like it’s worth looking into. Good luck!

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I can't compare it to just bedlining the cab but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised at how the Armorlite helps with insulation of both temperature and sound, much quieter than the stock carpet. It's not cheap but for me it was well worth the $$.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I can't compare it to just bedlining the cab but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised at how the Armorlite helps with insulation of both temperature and sound, much quieter than the stock carpet. It's not cheap but for me it was well worth the $$.
I love mine and glad I did it. Looks awesome and yes it is insulated. Not permanent and can go back to stock if needed.
Hard for crap to get under for it tucks under all the moldings and center console.

Sponsored

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
I guess for crap I really meant water, in my area of the NJ Pine Barrens puddles that reach the bottom of the door are 1 in 4. 😅

Jeep Gladiator Armorlite or just Bedline cab floor? noname

OP
OP
Oilburner

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
From what I understand, bedliner contains some carcinogenic materials and shouldn’t be used inside the cab. Increased risk of lung cancer.
Now that you say that, I have never seen any sort of disclaimer regarding the oem carpeting, glue, or floor mats, all made from likely 'carcinogenic' materials... that is what the 'new car smell' is after all.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
If I'm not mistaken I believe Armolite has a forum discount...

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Now that you say that, I have never seen any sort of disclaimer regarding the oem carpeting, glue, or floor mats, all made from likely 'carcinogenic' materials... that is what the 'new car smell' is after all.
Yeah, I was thinking about that too... Maybe its all a matter of degree - which will off-gas the least? I've actually been digging around a bit since I posted, and haven't found a source that I think is reliable yet. Anyone know of any decent research on the topic?

P.S. If you had quoted my whole post you would have included the bit where I was less definitive. No biggie, but here is my original post in full:

"From what I understand, bedliner contains some carcinogenic materials and shouldn’t be used inside the cab. Increased risk of lung cancer. I’m not a medical doctor, so you should do your own research and decide for yourself - but it seems like it’s worth looking into. Good luck!"

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
Yes, if it rains into your Jeep, water can get under Armorlite. It is not 100% waterproof as there are seams and uncovered areas under the front and back seats. However, for all the crap that comes off your feet (dirt or moisture) in the floor wells, Armorlite offers much better protection than floor liners or all weather mats. Not to mention the sound and temperature insulation, including insulation under the rubberized surface it is very thick, I would estimate around 5/8in at the base. If you disassembled everything and did the bedliner spray yourself, you could certainly waterproof better at a much lower cost but there is a lot of stuff underneath the carpet (uneven surfaces, weld seams, peg mounts, etc.) that wouldn't disappear with a few coats of spray in bedliner.

So long story short, if 100% waterproof is your goal and near oem fit/finish isn't a concern, then IMO a DIY bedliner spray job would probably be a better and cheaper option for you. However if you are planning to pay someone (Linex, etc.) to do the spraying, even if you did all the disassembly yourself I can't imagine anyone would do it for much cheaper than the approx. $600 Armorlite costs; especially considering the going rate for simply having your truck bed professionally lined is approx. 500-600$ these days.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I really hope Armorlite becomes an OEM option to compete with the bronco. not out of the relm of possiblities anymore. Somebody at FCA has to realize how dumb putting carpet in these things is.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I really hope Armorlite becomes an OEM option to compete with the bronco. not out of the relm of possiblities anymore. Somebody at FCA has to realize how dumb putting carpet in these things is.
The carpet is fully removable, so why not take it out and just rock the slush mats? I like the idea of these coming with carpet that I can take out if I desire

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
The carpet is fully removable, so why not take it out and just rock the slush mats? I like the idea of these coming with carpet that I can take out if I desire
Rear carpet was a pain to get out. Had to remove the bolts from the storage box and the bolt storage things. By that point it just became pointless considering putting it back in. I found that if it got wet it would never dry due to the humidity. I run without doors and soft top without the back window for 8 months a year so it really isn't worth the effort to reinstall. I have the weathertech mats and they are ok, but still leave a little bit exposed. I just wish it was a little more finished under the carpet.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
If you are going to be fording water or going places you get tons of water into the cab and you're concerned about it getting under the mat, then I guess sure line it.

MarkN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
If you are considering a spray in liner, look at Lizard Skin. It is designed for interior and exterior. It has a light odor for a day or two. It is a two part application with a sound barrier and a thermal barrier. It’s very durable, like Linex and is a three day job. Mine is about the thickness of two credit cards. I have Weathertech mats in front and a rear seat delete in back. I still have the drain plugs and it’s super easy to vacuum or wash out. I removed the doors, the seats, carpet, lower trim pieces. Scuff up the floor, tape off with plastic, and spray. You have to wait 24 hours after the sound barrier to spray the thermal barrier.

Mark
Sponsored