Sponsored

As basic as you can get...sport model

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
My build most likely will be sport s sting grey auto max tow hard top 7inch radio and aux switches. Debating on the safety group that gives you led tail lights. I really like the blindspot monitoring it's saved us a few times in our escape.other than that it's a simple build
Don't forget that the 7in radio forces you into the cold weather group on the sport s. $1595 as I recall.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rex3rd

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Just checked again first it wanted to add cold weather group I unchecked it then it wanted to just add convenience package. Hmm maybe a glitch?

Raven257

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 2500
If I get one, it will be the basic sport-hardtop, manual trans. I wonder if it comes with a key (how else can you open the door?)?

OP
OP
Rex3rd

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
If I get one, it will be the basic sport-hardtop, manual trans. I wonder if it comes with a key (how else can you open the door?)?
All trims come with a key. It flips inside the key fob

Sponsored

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just checked again first it wanted to add cold weather group I unchecked it then it wanted to just add convenience package. Hmm maybe a glitch?
The site can be wonky, but I was unable to order the 7 inch without the cold weather and maybe the convenience at my dealer.

Stationed in Fl I simply don't need it. Buying off the lot is one thing, custom order I couldn't stomach the additional cost. I think @WXman can confirm this, pretty sure he got the upgrade.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I noticed when I was building mine that the order in which I clicked on options changed which options I could order alone and which forced additional selections. It's definitely wonky. I'd trust the dealership order system more.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
My 08 JK had manual windows, locks, and a soft top. The windows unzip FROM THE OUTSIDE. The security of locking doors was a farce, so I didn’t. Traded that on a 14 JKU with factory ordered half doors...so power window and locks weren’t even an option. Now, while the upper door windows unzip from the inside, the backs are still outside.

I literally haven’t locked my Jeeps. Ever. I park for days at a time at an airport. Call me a Fool, if you will, but I’m not going to spent 1 waking second of my life worrying about a thief deciding they JUST MUST have my iPhone charger or my basic factory stereo. They want it, they’ll take it. If I don’t want it stolen, I don’t leave it in the Jeep.

With the JT, I wanted the wide axles, high clearance flares, and a stereo with CarPlay, but I refuse to order an automatic...so I get a Rubicon.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
^^this. I'm tempted. If one could be had used off a lease, that might hit a low enough price point.

Agree on knee situation.

Totally do not want electronics. I will gladly lock a door. This is a Jeep truck to me. It has stock all I want. I'll be watching for a used LE, sport, sport max tow... Something will pop eventually

OP
OP
Rex3rd

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
^^this. I'm tempted. If one could be had used off a lease, that might hit a low enough price point.

Agree on knee situation.

Totally do not want electronics. I will gladly lock a door. This is a Jeep truck to me. It has stock all I want. I'll be watching for a used LE, sport, sport max tow... Something will pop ineventually
Definitely looking forward to seeing how much these will be running used. Sure alot of ppl will trade them in on Rams because they think it can do full size towingect

Sponsored

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
I had a JKU and agree on the knee, the window crank was a pain.

I went with a Sport S, max tow hard top. And slush mats. That's my basic build, and it comes with a lot

OP
OP
Rex3rd

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
One of my first vehicles was a 93 Nissan d21 pickup with a 5 speed. Drove the hell out of it and still have it. It was as simple as it got and as a teenager I loved it. Sometimes the simple things are the best of things

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
I ordered my base Sport with the hard top, 6 speed manual, aux switches, tow package, (not max tow) and a few other options. Didn't want or need any of the high priced electronics being offered.
Love my Jeep, and the lower price I paid for it left me some upgrade $$$ to customize the way I want.
I'd love to have power locks, but the rest I'm comfortably doing without.
Jeep Gladiator As basic as you can get...sport model IMG_20210614_183827592

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler, Saab 9-3
Occupation
USAF
Just out of curiosity how many of you guys and gals are thinking of just getting the plain Jane sport model? Thinking of sport hardtop max tow auto. This has definitely been a struggle trying to decide which trim to get and the more I think about it the more I kinda like the plain base sport. After all I want to be one with nature and hit some trails do some awesome camping ect why would I need all that technology? Alot of the tech I feel like I could do without and I've got a hand to turn the windows up and down. I really like the simplicity of it and less to tear up or glitching out. Thoughts?
I really wanted to go basic with the Sport. I have ordered cars in the past and one of them was specifically so I could have crank windows, no power anything, and no cruise control. I drove that bad boy 2,500 miles across the country and as a daily driver. It’s the US so people definitely complain about stuff that isn’t a big deal. Crank the windows, unlock your doors with a key, don’t have a computer control your climate, and simplify life. Plus, building up a basic rig to be yours is fun. The ONLY reason I switched from GM to a Ram years ago and the reason I went Sport S (80th Anniversary) was to get that glorious heated steering wheel. It matters up north for sure. No matter what, enjoy the greatest vehicle ever created by mankind.

kmhappel

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CTO
Just out of curiosity how many of you guys and gals are thinking of just getting the plain Jane sport model? Thinking of sport hardtop max tow auto. This has definitely been a struggle trying to decide which trim to get and the more I think about it the more I kinda like the plain base sport. After all I want to be one with nature and hit some trails do some awesome camping ect why would I need all that technology? Alot of the tech I feel like I could do without and I've got a hand to turn the windows up and down. I really like the simplicity of it and less to tear up or glitching out. Thoughts?
We traveled for years with a wrangler sport JK with heavier axels and had a blast (you can see it in "have you ever had a wrangler before" thread. Had no problems without all the tech. Now we're in our 70's... still got a gladiator sport with heavy tow package but included a bunch of foo-foos... can't crank the manual windows like before. lol. BTW, the door knob is a bit of a pain.
Sponsored