First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator, TJ Rubicon, Jeep SRT
Occupation
Firefighter
What brand aux battery are people using?
I figured that if the factory battery can’t last more than three years there must be a better brand. Thoughts/ experience?
Thanks
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Three years seems to be average for the way these batteries are used and the heat and charging cycles they are subject to. The quality of the battery does have some bearing on its life span. I got 3.5 years out of the factory main battery before it needed replaced. I bought a new Aux battery at the same time, but have not swapped it yet. The factory Aux battery is now about 4 years old and still working.

For a replacement Aux battery, I would suggest a Deka from Auto Barn. They usually have a $10 off promo and will ship it for free. I have ordered two from them, one for the Gladiator and one for the Compass.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What brand aux battery are people using?
I figured that if the factory battery can’t last more than three years there must be a better brand. Thoughts/ experience?
Thanks
I replaced mine with a Napa. Has been trouble free now for 8 months and has double the cranking amps of the stock Mopar.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Just got a Diehard, we'll see if it earned its name.

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
The interweb sez:
DieHard batteries are manufactured by Clarios LLC. In 2019, Clarios took over Johnson Controls, the makers of Duralast. That same year, Advance Auto Parts acquired DieHard. Today, Clarios manufactures most battery brands in the United States. So Duralast and DieHard now come from the same factory, and they’re both distributed by AutoZone.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
The interweb sez:
DieHard batteries are manufactured by Clarios LLC. In 2019, Clarios took over Johnson Controls, the makers of Duralast. That same year, Advance Auto Parts acquired DieHard. Today, Clarios manufactures most battery brands in the United States. So Duralast and DieHard now come from the same factory, and they’re both distributed by AutoZone.
That's where I got it, and being a cheap bastage used my Military Discount to buy it!
Sponsored