Aux battery is still charging

336mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Gladiator
@ShadowsPapa Thank you. Unfortunately I assumed the batteries would be fully charged when I got them. This might be the issue. Appreciate all your knowledge and insight. Thanks-
Sponsored

Skubyballs

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
skubyballs.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Actor
I'm now about a month into running without the AUX ... everything works fine and my ESS works normally. As mentioned it will throw an ESS error after six cycles, but I really could care less as it resets with a start up and with my commuting a rarely see six ESS events. I have noticed that prior to when the system was stuck on "charging" the voltage reading was stuck on 14.0-14.1 ... immediately after removing the AUX it jumped to 14.3-14.6, now it seems to have settled between 12.9-13.2.
I just deleted my aux battery in my 2020 gladiator. Thing was draining my main battery and the constant light on the dashboard was mind numbing. What I didnā€™t realize until now is the stop/start will still work even after fuse is pulled and battery removed. lolā€¦ the light on the dash is gone though so thatā€™s good. I guess without a tazer I will always have to hit that button that turns it off when I drive. That ESS system is a pain in the a**.