First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Canadian Postie.
Can it be purchased cheaper than at a dealership?

What have you got hooked up to it?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Someone added it up, and it was going to be like $1,500 to add them the proper way, with them integrated into the system and wires inside and outside, dealer install, the dealer computer reflash, etc...

Glad mine was ordered with it. Might not ever use it, but incase I do, that sure saves me ALOT of money compared to that $295 option.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

The cost for the switches is not too high, depending on where you get them. The big cost is the labor to have them installed. There is also the computer flash needed so the switches work after installation.

Many do the install themselves, and use a Tazer or Jscan to flash the computer. Pulling the wires through the firewall is the most difficult part.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
If you have a professional mechanic friend who has access to buy direct from the local manufacturers' parts distribution warehouse, then you should be able to save about 20%. At least that's what a friend of mine saves me on OEM parts--he makes no profit off that.

As for what I have hooked up:

Front bumper off-road lights ...
Jeep Gladiator Aux switch questions. Gladiator, Jun 20, 5_5347, They Work Through Aux Switch!

ARB air compressor under passenger seat (Control line only. Power is direct off aux battery) ...
Jeep Gladiator Aux switch questions. Gladiator, Dec 19, CP_151209, Twin Compressor Install

Overhead radio comm rack (CB, GMRS, ham) ...
Jeep Gladiator Aux switch questions. Gladiator, Dec 19, CP_151010, Radio Rack Powered On

Plan for the fourth switch is control of a relay that disables the engine cooling fan (for water fords like this one last year in the Mojave Desert with my JK. 11:00 if not forwarded automatically).

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
Someone added it up, and it was going to be like $1,500 to add them the proper way, with them integrated into the system and wires inside and outside, dealer install, the dealer computer reflash, etc...

Glad mine was ordered with it. Might not ever use it, but incase I do, that sure saves me ALOT of money compared to that $295 option.
Yes it's cheaper to add it up front, but that $1500 quote sounds like someone didn't want the job. The parts are like $315 and you can flash the truck with a jscan / tazer which most people already have.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it's cheaper to add it up front, but that $1500 quote sounds like someone didn't want the job. The parts are like $315 and you can flash the truck with a jscan / tazer which most people already have.
I'm just repeating what someone on here said they were quoted. Mine was ordered with the AUX switches. :like:

OP
OP
Canadian GP

Canadian GP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Canadian Postie.
I'm buying off the lot so I have no choice but to install the kit myself or due without.

Thanks for all the input.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I'm buying off the lot so I have no choice but to install the kit myself or due without.

Thanks for all the input.
You can try and get the dealer to do it as part of the sale. Pay the cost for the part, and have them cover the labor for install.

OP
OP
Canadian GP

Canadian GP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Canadian Postie.
Tried that, they just played dumb.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
If you can get it from the factory then great, if not then I would look at an aftermarket solution. There are other options that would allow you to have them marked with what they are instead of just aux 1 etc...

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
If you can get it from the factory then great, if not then I would look at an aftermarket solution. There are other options that would allow you to have them marked with what they are instead of just aux 1 etc...
If you don’t ever foresee having the need to hook up multiple accessories, then an aftermarket a la carte approach would make sense.

I recently had my dealer procure and install the Mopar aux switch group. After looking at the instructions, I am glad I had them do the install. The center console pieces have to come out, glove box removed (easy), fender liner loosened to run cabling, lots of fastening of the fuses and relay hardware along the firewall, and the reflash to tell Uconnect that new hardware is installed. All I have to do with my limited electrical skills is select one of the appropriate wires in the harness pigtail by the battery and connect to new lights or other accessories.

This would have been a nice standard feature for the JT, as it makes it much easier to tap into the aftermarket full of more things to spend money on for your Jeep!

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed them myself using the included printed instructions without issue. Going through the firewall was not a problem after some grease. Activated them with JSCAN. Sure aftermarket will net more switches but 4 will be plenty for me plus they match the trim and complete the center stack for a cleaner look.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
One of the advantages I like about aftermarket options is if you have a dual-battery install, then you can power all of the added hardware off the aux battery. Which is exactly what I did in my 2007 JK. Still, the ease of install with the OEM aux switches is super convenient, and exactly what I used on the JT. I do have the winch going to the aux battery, and will eventually install another inverter direct to it. The OEM inverter is annoying to use since it continually shuts itself off to protect the start battery. I need 115 VAC power in camp for hours each evening during my trips while I work on photos and videos. As for appearance, I do like how the sPOD system worked out in my JK with the OTRATTW custom switches. I even have them wired into the dash light brightness control ...

Jeep Gladiator Aux switch questions. sPod Control, Mar 15, N5_2251, Contura XIV Toggles
Sponsored