K9MC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD 2020 Gladiator Rubicon after 2 yrs
Hello All,

New Gladiator owner as of yesterday! The one I drove off the lot had "almost" every option I wanted except the Aux Switch package. Is it possible for a Jeep dealer to install it after the fact? I am hoping the basic wiring already exists and it's only a matter of putting the switch in and connecting....any ideas?
Sponsored

Cadpat7

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR Hard Rock 2016
Occupation
CDN ARMY
Hello All,

New Gladiator owner as of yesterday! The one I drove off the lot had "almost" every option I wanted except the Aux Switch package. Is it possible for a Jeep dealer to install it after the fact? I am hoping the basic wiring already exists and it's only a matter of putting the switch in and connecting....any ideas?
It's more than simply "adding the switches". That comes with a complette separate harness, need to be plugged to the CANBUS, and the computer need to be flashed / reprogrammed... in short, not a simple issue/install, and not all the dealers are comfortable playing with the computer.

Maybe down the road an easy solution will come by - but for the OEM switches, if you don't have them right from the start, you won't be able to have tehm easly added (at least for the time being)...

OP
OP
K9MC

K9MC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your reply Pat...guess I will be adding aftermarket switches when the time(s) arrive :(

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

Sponsored

OP
OP
K9MC

K9MC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, like @Cadpat7 mentioned, it is somewhat involved. Not insurmountable for the DIY type, just a bit of a pain and one of those things you wished you had found one already installed with it.

https://www.quadratec.com/sites/default/files/installation_instructions/K6862528_B.pdf

Yup, that's rather involved. Above my mechanical abilities and patience. If I can find a willing dealer who can/will do it at a reasonable cost I may do it but for now, it's on the back burner. Thanks for sharing the video from CJ Pony Parts! :)

dstephns

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 1966 Sunbeam Tiger
What's your source ?
I had them installed by my dealer. Not as inexpensive as ordering a JT with them already installed.
Yes, they will have to flash the computer so they can be set in the U-Connect. My dealer did a great
job doing the install.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What's your source ?
It's a MOPAR kit sold by dealers with the instructions written in language more towards the dealership tech in mind. If you got a dealer that does not want to install it with you paying full labor rate, then you got a crappy dealer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
K9MC

K9MC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll visit my local dealer next week and get a price and post what I discover here - thanks all for the feedback :jk:

Jeepbeep123

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Occupation
Manager
I had them installed by my dealer. Not as inexpensive as ordering a JT with them already installed.
Yes, they will have to flash the computer so they can be set in the U-Connect. My dealer did a great
job doing the install.
How much did it cost ?

dstephns

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 1966 Sunbeam Tiger
If I remember correctly the switch kit was around 350.00 from Quadratec and the labor was around
400.00. As I said, not cheap. They look great and work well and of course setable in U-connect. There are two different switch kits. One with the chrome bezel and the other with a black suround. Rubicons get the chrome and everything else gets the black. Also the little cubby is different on the Rubicon (smaller) because of the lockers and swaybar disconnect. So be sure, if you decide to do this you get the correct kit for the model of JT you have.
Dave

mtpokets

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee, Jeep XJ
If I remember correctly the switch kit was around 350.00 from Quadratec and the labor was around
400.00. As I said, not cheap. They look great and work well and of course setable in U-connect. There are two different switch kits. One with the chrome bezel and the other with a black suround. Rubicons get the chrome and everything else gets the black. Also the little cubby is different on the Rubicon (smaller) because of the lockers and swaybar disconnect. So be sure, if you decide to do this you get the correct kit for the model of JT you have.
Dave
Hey Dave, I too am in PHX and would like these installed. Would you mind sending me a PM of the dealer you used for the install? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
K9MC

K9MC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had my Gladiator at the dealer today to troubleshoot issues with my uConnect display and I asked for a quote to install the Aux switch pkg. $1,150.25 out-the-door which included $375 for the part itself. This seems rather high from what I've read here on the forums. Is this price typical?
Sponsored